+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 2 Creations - "Green" Fabrics Challenge

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Week 2 Creations - "Green" Fabrics Challenge

I'm sure that the employees at MOOD helped guide the models towards the "green" fabrics, but who (if anyone) helped guide them towards buying the right amount of fabric?

Given the length of some of the dresses, I'm left wondering if they got any help at all.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I loved Suede's dress. If I was young and had the figure to wear it, I would. I also liked Kenley's dress, but I think the "collar" would bug me. I agree with whoever said this was a great challenge.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

The "Green" part of the challenge seemed disappear as soon as they mentioned it. Why are fabrics being green a problem? The problem was the models shopping for fabric for dresses that weren't designed yet. I don't know why the word green was even mentioned other than to have an excuse to have Natalie Portman on the show. This season still hasn't grabbed me yet. I'm guessing that a lot of people feel the same (judging from the fact that there isn't much activity on these threads). It's not as much fun without all of you watching it "with" me"!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3144356;
    I'm sure that the employees at MOOD helped guide the models towards the "green" fabrics, but who (if anyone) helped guide them towards buying the right amount of fabric?

Given the length of some of the dresses, I'm left wondering if they got any help at all.
    According to Tim's Take, MOOD placed green tags on all the 'green' fabrics (And apparently there wasn't a huge selection). But yeah, I think the models were flying blind on yardage and accessories/notions.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Again, another group of completely uninspired designs. I hate to be so snarky, but the majority of this group seems to be missing any imagination at all. Wah! I got jersey! I'm just not going to use it. Instead of, Rats! I got jersey, but I'm going to try something different. Unless the design is traditional and the fabrics the same, this group is lost in the water.

I can't help but wonder if Bravo (or is it Lifetime these days) cast the show for tv drama over design. I understand they have to have both, but it seems really unbalanced this season with an emphasis on young, cool kids who look more interesting than they design.

FORT Fogey

Suede may have wowed them with his bias strips but the end product did not fit well with those asymetrical straps. They were too thick, even if they matched. Had he tweaked the shape of the top it would have been fabulous.

I have become bored with strapless dresses. Seems every bride on the face of the planet goes for them. Observe a woman in a strapless dress and every few minutes she raised both hands, grasps the dress under each armpit and hikes it up.

I think Terry and Kenley did a good job out of the choices. Daniel's, though conservative, was cute. I am ignoring the length of the dresses due to insufficient yardage. The judges did too.

A lot of the dresses looked like too-short, bad prom dresses. I only liked a couple of them. Not jazzed about the show so far, unfortunately.

Kenley, Stella, Terri, and Blayne had the best dresses. I don't think Blayne should have won since I liked the other three better. The rest of the dresses weren't even in the same class and it keeps amazing me how awful the majority of the designs are this year. They really scraped the bottom of the design barrel for this crew.

I miss the creativity from previous seasons, you know that faced with this challenge any contestant on any previous season would have ran with it and come out with something amazing instead of spending most of the show whining about how they can't work with the fabric.

I can't edit, I just realized I didn't mean to say Blayne! I really can't stand him but he was on the mind for some reason. I meant Suede. Suede was one of the top 4 but not the one I thought should have one it.

FORT Fogey

i don't think they are given ample time to think thru their designs. they are going so safe so far this season. come back santana, come back!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast