+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 7/23 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Kao

Re: 7/23 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Ugh, I get to hear Leanne's grating voice again next week. That dress started out nice but ended up butt-ugly because she kept adding things to it. I'm also convinced that she and Jennifer are the same person. :/

There were things I liked about Kortos dress; from the waist up it looked great, from the waist down it was a hot mess. I'm glad she got another chance though since I actually want to see what she does from week to week (unlike some of the others).

Black cocktail dress turned out lovely, as well as the long satin dress (thank good THIS model was smart enough to get a lot of fabric). I liked Stella's dress, but would have liked it a lot more had it been LONGER. Suede's dress was also cute but I agree with Heidi; you have to be a certain age to pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3142881;
    Wesley *sigh* -- unfortunately it really was a train wreck. The fit was a nightmare; it looked like a high school Home Ec project. Anne Slowey would have given it the Golden Tootie.

That has to be one of my all-time favorite moments on PR was Anne's comment to Emmit about "too much Tootie." In this case, I might have called it a Brown Tootie, but it sounds too much like a mess in a diaper.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3143418;
    Ugh, I get to hear Leanne's grating voice again next week. That dress started out nice but ended up butt-ugly because she kept adding things to it. I'm also convinced that she and Jennifer are the same person. :/

There were things I liked about Kortos dress; from the waist up it looked great, from the waist down it was a hot mess. I'm glad she got another chance though since I actually want to see what she does from week to week (unlike some of the others).

Black cocktail dress turned out lovely, as well as the long satin dress (thank good THIS model was smart enough to get a lot of fabric). I liked Stella's dress, but would have liked it a lot more had it been LONGER. Suede's dress was also cute but I agree with Heidi; you have to be a certain age to pull it off.
    I know! Its like Leanne and Kenley each have their very own bootleg versions of themselves on the show, Jennifer and Emily, respectively. Its crazy.
    It's easy to be miserable. Being happy is tougher - and cooler.
    thom yorke

Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;3143182;
    Terri's dress was overlooked, too. I loved the dark color and the fit and design was fabulous. I think she could be one to watch.

I agree. Her dress was fantastic and the fit was amazing. I couldn't understand why she didn't at least make the top three.

How could Stella be in the top 3? Totally was not expecting that.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;3144034;
    How could Stella be in the top 3? Totally was not expecting that.
    Oh I agree. I hated everything about that dress.
    CYA

FORT Regular

Honestly, Terri's dress is the only one I would wear, I thought she should have been in the top 3. Although i like the creative way Suede made his dress, I wouldnt be caught at my funeral in it ..

kenley's dress was nice too.

They had what...12 to 14 hours to design and sew after receiving fabric which was not their choice and clients without a definite sense of what they like and don't. This was a hard challenge. I wonder what fabrics (green) the designers would have chosen if given the chance; probably more muslin and hemp than satin. Anyway, I thought most of them did nicely with the challenge.

LeAnne's model Karalynn was the only one who didn't paste a smile on her face and say, "I like it." A few more could have followed her example, but - Oregon girl meet NY girl.

I like bits of almost each dress, but was not grabbed by one as a whole. I liked Suede's flirty skirt, but not the asymetrical neckline and the red pieces looked (to me) like they were glued on - not incorporated into a weave; but I can see where the hip, young judge would like it compared to some of the other more sophisticated looks.

For most of the rest - other than lack of fabric was there a reason for both short and tight. I know Heidi is wearing that look, but, doesn't seem that the model or anyone could hang onto any form of modesty when doing anything other than walking or standing. Sitting? Forget it.

What I liked about Daniel's dress was the neckline - that was different - somewhere between round and square. I liked the sculpted bodice to Emily's dress and the draped bodice on Jennifer's dress (what I didn't like was the throw-over gray from shoulder to waist which made it have an overalls look.) Jerrell's - too loose on top, too tight on bottom, but I liked the jeweled dog collar. I actually liked the midriff hole in the middle of Joe's brown satin dress. Without it, the dress would have been a satin slip with a visible hem line. I'm laughing at Keith's...my first thought was "curtain going up." The shoulders on Kelli's looked awkward to me. I understand why she did the "flip over" sleeve cape to collar on the left shoulder, but the blue part of the bodice makes enough of a statement without the attempt a symetry on the the left shoulder.

I liked Kenley's collar, but thought the black belt could have been even more narrow - re Tim's comment about the original. Korto had a fun idea going on the front but blew it on the back. LeAnne should have listened to Tim. If she had taken off (or not added) all those monochromatic half-moons (except for the sleeve drape) it might have looked better. I didn't realize there were pockets in the hemline until I saw the posted photos. Weird. I really liked the shape of Stella's dress...two inches longer and I would have liked it even more as a coctail dress. I thought she did beautifully once she realized she could bring her "leather" sensibility into the side stitching.

Terri's dress was classic. I liked everything about it, but maybe it was too classic for the judges (especially the young'un.) Wesley's dress was the worst. No variation or texture added to the basic color and it did look as though a sewing newbie who had never worked with satin had put it together.

As has been mentioned, I would have liked the designers to choose fabric for a "green" competition. It would have been very interesting to see what the models would have picked out if not pointed in certain directions by the Mood salespeople.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I don't think this has been mentioned before, so...

who else loved that we got to know more about the models in this episode? The models are a part of the show, too, and I've felt that the only season that truly showcased the models and their personalities is season 1.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3145016;
    I don't think this has been mentioned before, so...

who else loved that we got to know more about the models in this episode? The models are a part of the show, too, and I've felt that the only season that truly showcased the models and their personalities is season 1.
    I was very happy to see more of the models and I hope that continues. Season 1 remains the best of the series, so far, and the inclusion of the models contributed to its success. The designers, of course, totally made the show. Here is hoping this season comes close, at least.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast