+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Korto - Season 5

Re: Korto - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3218827;
    Just catching the show for the first time. I have to say, Korto's outfits look alot better on tv than on a 4"x6" computer video. I'm happy she "delivered"; I wasn't quite sure based on what I'd seen online..

I totally felt the same way!!! I didn't like the internet photos but when I watched the show, the colors came alive and the dresses looked beautiful. Still photos compared to live action - What a difference it made to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3218827;
    Just catching the show for the first time. I have to say, Korto's outfits look alot better on tv than on a 4"x6" computer video. I'm happy she "delivered"; I wasn't quite sure based on what I'd seen online..
    I agree. With the photos, I actually liked Leanne better (even though I didn't not like her color palate).

But watching the TV show, I changed my mind. I thought Korto's collection was better on a whole.

I remember Leanne's colors and petal technique (stunning on her craftsmanship), but not individual pieces. but I remember Korto's collection. Even the ones I disliked, I still can recall them in detail.

Kao

I'm hoping that good things come her way after the show!

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3222325;
    I agree. With the photos, I actually liked Leanne better (even though I didn't not like her color palate).

But watching the TV show, I changed my mind. I thought Korto's collection was better on a whole.

I remember Leanne's colors and petal technique (stunning on her craftsmanship), but not individual pieces. but I remember Korto's collection. Even the ones I disliked, I still can recall them in detail.

Telling, though, Andy-douche-bag's blog states that Korto's actually did NOT look well done in person. Probably because she spent wasted time delivering two completely new dresses; and that Kenley's got more positive remarks than the editing let on.

I personally, did not like Korto's on the tv. I liked them more from a distance in the pictures. Close up, you can see either too much detail or sloppy workmanship (unusual for Korto).

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3223171;
    Telling, though, Andy-douche-bag's blog states that Korto's actually did NOT look well done in person. Probably because she spent wasted time delivering two completely new dresses; and that Kenley's got more positive remarks than the editing let on.

I personally, did not like Korto's on the tv. I liked them more from a distance in the pictures. Close up, you can see either too much detail or sloppy workmanship (unusual for Korto).
    I guess I wasn't paying that close of attention to the show when it was one (I was folding unstylish clothes )

But I need to read the blogs!

I didn't think the editing led me to believe that the didn't appreciate Kenley's designs and workmanship. In fact I would not be surprised to learn that she got more positive remarks on her work.

Kao

Here's an interesting interview I found online with Korto:

PROJECT RUNWAY's Korto gets international attention. - AOL Video

She seems like an awesome person, definitely more relaxed and joking; she even brought up the whole "Korto doesn't smile" non-issue that so many people harped about. She talks about the design process for her Bryant Park collection, Blayne and Stella being some of the most sweetest people in the house, and said that Kenley was pretty much how we saw her on T.V. and how she might had shot herself in the foot with her treatment of the panel and even some of the guest stars (!). Definitely interesting.

For some reason the video doesn't want to play for me right now, but I'm glad to hear that she's showing more of her personality. I always loved her, and one of my favorite moments was when she got her cowboy boots. The way the country spirit just crept up on her when she had those things on was funny.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789