+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Korto - Season 5

Re: Korto - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3190890;
    I cut no one slack for background. We all onlyh have the present moment to create the next and on into our future. We all have a story, there are no excuses or exceptions. Want to succeed? Then do what it takes.
    To each his/her own, but I wouldn't be so judgmental of a person who is actually trying to make something, and has actually made something of her life. I mean she is in the show, she is a good designer, from what we have seen. I find her seriousness refreshing next to the goofiness of Suede and Blayne who try so hard to be amusing they end up being irritating.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by busilis32;3192323;
    To each his/her own, but I wouldn't be so judgmental of a person who is actually trying to make something, and has actually made something of her life. I mean she is in the show, she is a good designer, from what we have seen. I find her seriousness refreshing next to the goofiness of Suede and Blayne who try so hard to be amusing they end up being irritating.
    It is just a TV show and I comment and judge on what I see in front of me because it is allowed. That is what makes this board fun for me. I just don't like her and that could change, too. I like good manners.

You don't have to be judgemental and that is okay too.

I don't care WHAT the designers attitude or emotional status is as long as the keep creating beautiful pieces. And it seems like Korto certainly is doing that (where can I buy that seatbelt coat?!).

My predictions for the final three are: Korto, Leanne, and Kenley.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3190890;
    I cut no one slack for background. We all onlyh have the present moment to create the next and on into our future. We all have a story, there are no excuses or exceptions. Want to succeed? Then do what it takes.
    There may not be excuses or exceptions, but there are empathy, understanding, courtesy among people. This is how we live in harmony, by trying to understand where people are coming from, why they are doing what they are doing. There are different ways to have a successful career, and not everybody has to be like, let's say, Christian from last season to be successful (For the record, I love Christian). People can be quiet, not super funny and well-liked at the same time.

She doesn't smile as much as some would like to see her doing. So what? Who has a smile-o-meter in their hands anyway? She is one of the few people that I like this season. I hope she'll do well.

Quote Originally Posted by madeboxer;3192310;
    Have you REALLY looked at her? She looks absolutely terrified every time she is not called up with the safe group. She takes her craft very seriously and she does not relax until they actually tell her she's safe.

If you really watch her, she always on the verge of tears and you can just see her thinking that she didn't do well enough. She shows a bit of confidence up to the point that she puts the outfit on her model and then she caves.

She holds it all in but you can see it in her eyes
    Yah... she sort of reminds me of the mousey woman from the Police Academy movies. Who knows? Maybe she'll get enough confidence to scream "dirtbag" at people?
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Every design shes made I would wear, shes amazing and if she doesn't win I hope she at least makes the top 3.

FORT Fogey

There's this part in the Foreign Affair challenge where she's exiting the sewing room with Terry, and it seems she was challenging Leanne who would come up with the best dress. I don't know if it's the editing, or what, but I didn't like her after that. She sounded so cocky and so sure she would win yet her dress was just a halter dress with a black short sweater with heavy, puffy long sleeves and, to me, did not fit the movie Foreign Affair or that era.
    Last edited by watts; 09-13-2008 at 12:03 PM.

FORT Newbie

I like her .she such a sweetheart and her design is good too

FORT Fogey

Her collection seemed more like fall in color and fabric choice than spring, to me.

Oh I think she will definitely be in the top three! I think Leanne is going to win, though.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

+ Reply to Thread