+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenley - Season 5

Re: Kenley - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by ManySkills;3201005;
    1. in this industry, confidence is important. Both Michael Kors and Diane von Furstenberg said that in so many words. Yes, she needs to grow up, but I like that she believes strongly in herself.
    But there's a difference between confidence & arrogance. She has definitely crossed over from "confident" to "arrogant" over the course of the show.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Right now, I really don't give a fig about Kenley's feelings, she has no regard/respect for anyone elses.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3201055;
    Right now, I really don't give a fig about Kenley's feelings, she has no regard/respect for anyone elses.

Me either! she really needs a strong dose of her own medicine. Maybe then she'll realize how crappy it feels to have someone laugh at your misfortune.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

In the preview for next week, Kenley says, "What does Tim Gunn know?" Whoa.

She has a nice design look, but you have to be adaptable for your client. She is not.

To me she's just a rude, conceited version of Ulli Herzner - a one-trick pony with an eye for prints. I hope she gets auf'ed next week.
    "If you want the girl next door, go next door."
    Joan Crawford

The sad thing for Kenley is that being on the show is usually a good way to get noticed by prospective employers, such as DVF. Unfortunately, she's already flunked the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by brierpatch;3201392;
    The sad thing for Kenley is that being on the show is usually a good way to get noticed by prospective employers, such as DVF. Unfortunately, she's already flunked the interview.
    I think you make a really good point. I was thinking about how Kenley is just blowing this whole opportunity. This is a chance to learn a lot from people who are so knowledgeable about fashion. I think Leanne has definitely listened and learned. She really pays attention to what Tim and the judges say and it's paid off for her. You can see how she puts their advice to use and is able to pull off better designs. She's also building confidence and feeling better about her own abilities as a designer.

If you can't listen to constructive criticism, if you are too insecure to even question what you do, if you shut people out and turn a deaf ear to those who want to help you progress and develop as a designer, then you are doomed to failure. I am wondering if it's the fact that the longer she stays in the competition, the more she thinks it's because she is just so great and too perfect for words. Her ego outshines her talent at this point.

This girl should take the time to do her research and check out what real avant garde fashion really is. Then she would realize how far off the mark she was with that horrific design. I think standing up for yourself and being assertive are good things, but when it goes over the line and you are just arguing because you can't accept another point of view or you become obstinate or stubborn and defensive, then you have lost the whole point of why you are there. Only one person can win, but all of the others have a unique chance to learn and work with experienced fashion experts.

She is just shooting herself in the foot. That's why she has not progressed in the competition.

FORT Fogey

She made a comment on the next show as seen in the previews that she has never listened to what Tim has to say. Remember the team challenge with Keith and the horrendous floral print she chose. Didn't she renege and the new print looked waaaay better?

She's got the maturity of a 6th grader. How else to explain her petulance, self-absorption and unearned confidence?

FORT Newbie

Kenley has a lot of maturing to do. A confident person does not instantly get defensive and deflect any critique, as she has with Tim. And a confident person does not find humor in others' struggles and laugh out loud inappropriately. A confident person takes praise with grace and constructive criticism with respect and thoughtful consideration.

This isn't confidence. This is insecurity. She must have been overindulged as a child. I had a friend like her back in college. Wanted praise and attention all of the time, but as soon as there was any kind of criticism or conflict she'd fall apart in tears and stomp and pout like a child. She's on her third marriage and hates her life.

Unfortunately an immature and obnoxious girl is exactly what the producers wanted. They wanted a Big Brother house atmosphere full of nasty drama to keep the viewers interested. I guess they feel pressured to make the show edgier each season. What a shame. Most of us don't like Kenley's behavior and would enjoy the show better without. I watch for the fashion and seeing their works of art come alive from concept to runway. And I enjoy the different personalities with minimal drama. I like to see creative people work. I wonder how Lifetime will handle this show?

+ Reply to Thread