+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Kenley - Season 5

Re: Kenley - Season 5

But the point is they don't laugh at people's faces. The others might be snarky behind people's backs, but at least they more or less take their lumps when the critique is on them. Not our Kenley. She just wants to be praised (noticed how giddy she was when they praised her wedding dress) and like a spolied child, laugh at others when they are in trouble. What I don't understand is why none of the judges just asked her what was so funny. She is a child, and she needs to be called on her bratty behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by taffina;3215987;
    She's a mixed bag for me as well. The only issue I have with her is her behavior at judging. She giggles when the panel criticizes another contestant like an immature kid, yet when they critique her she gets sarcastic and defensive.
    She's disrespectful to the judges and to Tim G.

That's the main issue I have with her.

I think she's a very interesting character, and her clothes are exciting. IMO
    Agree. Her designing, the main thing that Kenley has going for her is her eye for fabrics, floral ones especially.

Kenley continues to fascinate me. I remember how much I liked her in the beginning. I thought she deserved to win the very first challenge. I loved her elegant dress and thought it was so much better than Suede's mix and match thing.

I guess the problem I have with her is this business of laughing out loud on the runway. I also despise her blatant rudeness towards Tim and the judges. These are established people who wield influence in the fashion world. Why on earth would you want to alienate them? It's self-destructive and foolish.

But I also remember the Kenley who helped Stella all the time. She got her fabrics at the DVF challenge. She even helped her sew when she was running out of time. So there is good in her. She managed to work with Keith without having a major meltdown. I thought those two would go at it like two pitbulls.

I don't see Kenley as downright mean like Terri. She managed to work pretty well in teams. I think she is kind of clueless and incredibly immature. It was stupid to laugh out loud when the others were getting judged. But Kenley is so involved with herself that she just seems to forget about everyone else's feelings.

I just see this as a lost opportunity for her. I think years from now she may well look back and regret her behavior. The one thing I hold against her the most is her rudeness to Tim. That man works his heart out trying to give constructive criticism and advice to everybody. I think Kenley could have become a much better designer if she could have gotten outside herself long enough to actually hear what Tim was saying. The man is a genius when it comes to his knowledge of fashion.

Who is John Galt?

My opinion of Kenley is also mixed:
    1. She is an innovative designer and obviously very talented.
    2. She is extremely immature and self absorbed.
    3. She is defensive when criticized, can be very rude, has no censor on what comes out of her mouth, and cannot understand why the other designers dislike her.
    4. She explains her behavior as having a rough childhood that made her tough and yet she cries at the slightest provocation.
    5. She reminds me of a younger softer version of Janice Dickenson - totally self-centered, nice when she wants someone to do something for her, but vicious when thwarted.

Will she succeed - probably. She is talented and capable of being ruthless. Will she win Project Runway - possibly, but I hope not. I'd rather see sweet Leanne win.

What makes anyone think that Kenley will change? She's been compared to Terrie and Janice Dickinson, both who are 45+ and probably were very similar to Kenley at 25. Heaven help the fashion industry if she wins. She will have been rewarded and see no reason to change. My guess is as long as she delivers (ala Anna Wintour) she will be able to be as manipulative and mean as possible.

I see a master manipulator, who will only hone her skills the more successful she becomes. I want Korto to win, but I think Kenley will.

I must say, after Stella, she's the most entertaining contestant this season.
    "Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, power and grace in it."-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

If Kenley wins, her attitude will not change, she will say to herself "I didn't do anything wrong and I won". Her ego will inflate even further. If she loses, she may see that her attitude, rudeness was wrong, especially to Tim Gunn.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3216728;
    If Kenley wins, her attitude will not change, she will say to herself "I didn't do anything wrong and I won". Her ego will inflate even further. If she loses, she may see that her attitude, rudeness was wrong, especially to Tim Gunn.
    Even if she loses, I doubt she will learn anything from it. She will just make excuses that the judges (pick one): don't understand her design concepts, have no taste themselves, or just don't like her and don't want her to win. She does not accept responsibility for her mistakes nor does she even think she makes any.

I honestly do not think Kenley will have a successful career in fashion unless she undergoes some kind of catharsis. Yes, she is talented, but not enough to warrant people putting up with her horrendous behavior. We have seen how she has managed to alienate everyone. She even managed to get Tim to blow up at her. I read in an interview with him that their actual confrontation lasted for about twenty minutes. He said we saw practically nothing with the final edit. There's a lot that we missed. I think it takes a lot to get Tim mad.

I do think a win for her would validate her behavior in her eyes. So in that sense, I don't know that I want her to win. But even if she loses, as someone said here already, she will just chalk it up to the faults of everyone else. Kenley against the world. I simply can't see her managing in this profession if she is going to explode every single time someone criticizes her or doesn't fall madly in love with her designs. That comment that Michael Kors made about what she would do if a buyer didn't like her design, would she then take out a knife and stab them - well, that pretty much sums it up. It's a tough profession and you have to deal with people not liking everything you do. I don't think she has what it takes to make it.

I think I would rather see Leanne get the win. She is talented, listens well and learns and uses it to make better designs. She may not set the world on fire or be the most brilliantly creative designer, but there is something about her quiet demeanor and the way she can really step up and just knock your socks off, that I absolutely love.

FORT Fogey

I think both she and Leanne will do well. While not riveting designs, they each have a niche that they fill beautifully. They are small niches though, so I think their success will be somewhat limited as a result.

Each has a strong "point of view".

I was re-watching the episode with her creepy gown and noticed that when Tim came in and said that she could go get her tule...she was not in the least bit grateful to get the reprieve.

I was also kind of icked out when Heidi said she liked the wedding gown and Kenley gushed, "I love you, Heidi." I suppose she regretted her behavior towards Heidi and was looking for a chance to repair it, but that was worse than doing nothing at all.

Honestly, it is like she is handicapped or delayed and is trying hard to come up with "normal" responses but constantly misses the mark. I have worked with young adults that are delayed, and if the kid has a good heart and really wants to connect with people, they might have an occassional gaff, but mostly they pull off "being normal". But if the kid doesn't really care about other people, but wants to look like they do....well, they seem a lot like Kenley.

But...she does seem to improve when she gets enough sleep!

+ Reply to Thread