+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Kenley - Season 5

FORT Fan

Re: Kenley - Season 5

Kenley is a mixed bag.

On one hand I like her. I like that she started out as someone recognizable. When Terri threw her hissy-fit blaming the world's ills on Keith, Kenley kept it to the dress.

After that she just gets portrayed as someone who's trying to get away with murder, or at least get away with being a snotty little bitch.

And then came last week, where she got slammed into the ground by Korto, Jerell and to lesser degree LeAnne (she has no personality, so it's hard to think of LeAnne doing or saying things that contain something personal.)

I felt for Kenley there, all alone, with Korto foaming at the mouth...

When you are unnecassarily nasty and confrontational why should people even bother to be nice to you.

I was rolling my eyes when Kenley moaned about Korto and Leanne having tea length bridesmaid dresses. You can only be that self involved when you become rich and successful.
    "Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, power and grace in it."-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

What ticked me off is that her dress was a direct rip-off of Alexander McQueen, yet in another interview she trashed Christian for taking inspiration from McQueen. Yet she still "won" that challenge?! B-S!@%$#$^^!#

FORT Fogey

We did all notice that Kenley was the only person who had nobody in her life to meet Tim.
    I figured the elephant was sitting on the piano and nobody mentioned it....so I did.

Tim can come and meet me in place of meeting Kenleys loved ones. we will have fun . the door is open.

FORT Fanatic

Kenley is talented but tiresome and just plain rude. She's rude to Tim and he's only trying to help. She doesn't have to take his advice, but would it hurt to be polite?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3215642;
    Kenley is talented but tiresome and just plain rude. She's rude to Tim and he's only trying to help. She doesn't have to take his advice, but would it hurt to be polite?
    Her deep wounds prevent her from seeing anything other than an attack when she hears constructive criticism and she leaps to defend. It is unfortunate that she doesn't have a stronger sense of self to accept the critique, be polite, then proceed as she feels she should. Hopefully this will come with maturing and some serious self examination. When she is good she is very appealing.

FORT Fogey

Kenley definately has some issues. I was at our local arboretum yesterday and a retired volunteer was working the reception desk. I had called her earlier for directions and she was extremely rude - kind of like I was being an imposition just for asking.

Once I got there, I saw her in action. It was pretty busy, and she was obviously overwhelmed. During a lull in the day, a guy came up and wanted to renew his membership. She told him to do it electronically on a nearby kiosk when she coud have processed it herself. He obviously didn't want to do it at the kiosk, and the volunteer sitting next to her stepped in and told the man he could renew whereever he wanted.

She explained that it had been so busy that she felt "abused".

The whole thing reminded me of Kenley. The volunteer interpreted a busy day as abuse - personally inflicted on her. A crime in which she was the victim.

She could have easily said "overwhelmed", "anxious" or even "scared" if she was worried she couldn't get through them all. But she chose the word "abused" when all it was was a busy day.

In this way, she cast blame on others and played the victim - when there never was a crime. It was clear, though, that she did this as a way of protecting herself.

Something about reading the world in this way speaks to some underlying psychological situation, I'm sure. Fear of failure, defense mechanism against previous criticism's in one's youth, etc. I don't know what it is, but it's not a real interpretation of the world. To read a busy day as abuse is a twisting of reality that occurs in one's brain.

It's just this little twist in the brain that Kenley has.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairon;3214274;
    Kenley is a mixed bag.

On one hand I like her. I like that she started out as someone recognizable. When Terri threw her hissy-fit blaming the world's ills on Keith, Kenley kept it to the dress.

After that she just gets portrayed as someone who's trying to get away with murder, or at least get away with being a snotty little bitch.

And then came last week, where she got slammed into the ground by Korto, Jerell and to lesser degree LeAnne (she has no personality, so it's hard to think of LeAnne doing or saying things that contain something personal.)

I felt for Kenley there, all alone, with Korto foaming at the mouth...
    She's a mixed bag for me as well. The only issue I have with her is her behavior at judging. She giggles when the panel criticizes another contestant like an immature kid, yet when they critique her she gets sarcastic and defensive.
    She's disrespectful to the judges and to Tim G.

That's the main issue I have with her.

I think she's a very interesting character, and her clothes are exciting. I'm always interested in what she's going to make, love it or hate it.
    I can't say the same about the other two finalists. Over all though, Kenley is the weakest designer of the final three. IMO

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3215881;
    Kenley definately has some issues. I was at our local arboretum yesterday and a retired volunteer was working the reception desk. I had called her earlier for directions and she was extremely rude - kind of like I was being an imposition just for asking.

Once I got there, I saw her in action. It was pretty busy, and she was obviously overwhelmed. During a lull in the day, a guy came up and wanted to renew his membership. She told him to do it electronically on a nearby kiosk when she coud have processed it herself. He obviously didn't want to do it at the kiosk, and the volunteer sitting next to her stepped in and told the man he could renew whereever he wanted.

She explained that it had been so busy that she felt "abused".

The whole thing reminded me of Kenley. The volunteer interpreted a busy day as abuse - personally inflicted on her. A crime in which she was the victim.

She could have easily said "overwhelmed", "anxious" or even "scared" if she was worried she couldn't get through them all. But she chose the word "abused" when all it was was a busy day.

In this way, she cast blame on others and played the victim - when there never was a crime. It was clear, though, that she did this as a way of protecting herself.

Something about reading the world in this way speaks to some underlying psychological situation, I'm sure. Fear of failure, defense mechanism against previous criticism's in one's youth, etc. I don't know what it is, but it's not a real interpretation of the world. To read a busy day as abuse is a twisting of reality that occurs in one's brain.

It's just this little twist in the brain that Kenley has.
    Brilliant! Well put and I agree. You nailed it.

+ Reply to Thread