+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kelli - season 5

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Kelli - season 5

Is this where Michelle Obama got her black and white dress that has created so much buzz and trend? She got this in Chicago.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

There is a White House/Black Market in Minneapolis and also in San Diego ( I go between the two often - the cities, not the stores, LOL).

I like Kelli - her grocery store dress was amazing. I would have NEVER thought to do that, and it was much more creative than what the other contestants made, which was mainly lots of tablecloths.

Wow! No one wrote anything after she was let go. Anyway, I've found this article in the local media. It looks like Kelli's store in Columbus, OH got a boost in sales after she appeared on the show.

Columbus Local News: > Archives > Region > News > 'Project Runway' contestant finds business booming back at home

Good for her! I'm glad her little boutique is getting the boost it needs.

But I think Nina was right in her comment that she questions Kelli's taste level. The night out challenge, she also made something slightly hoochie and Mad Maxy. Even her grocery story top was a little hoochie, using coffee filters as a bra.

Kelli shouldn't have been booted so early on, especially not before people like Yawnifer and Joe.
    It's easy to be miserable. Being happy is tougher - and cooler.
    thom yorke

FORT Fogey

Lelli was the only one to think outside the box during the grocery store challenge. I was hoping to see more of her.

I think she got a raw deal. Taste is personal. she does not need to have the ssame taste as Nina.

Her NY challenge ourfit would have been much more successful for this challenge. I think that Daniel should have gone instead of Kelli, but at least the drag queens and his "impeccible tase" got him
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

FORT Fogey

Kelli should never have gone when she did.

I agree with Nina that the outfit Kelli was booted out for wasn't as classy as it could be, but for me, I didn't think it was completely distasteful. And, I especially think there were others who should have gone instead (Blayne for one).

Kelli has said she likes to mix things up. And, I think we saw by her grocery store outfit, she can do it successfully. What Nina calls distasteful, I call "Kellie mixing things up".

I think Kelli needed a few more challenges to get into a groove where she could marry her radical mixing ways to the stodgy business world. Still, I think she did a good job and didn't deserve to go home.

After what she had done in prior episodes - esp. the grocery store challenge - I am firmly convinced she would have been one of the most interesting designers of the season and that we had yet to see her be all that she could be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123