+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Daniel - Season 5

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Daniel - Season 5

Although I agree that Daniel's outfit really didn't fit the challenge, at least it was something you could wear out in public.

Keith's dress-o-rags was hideous. That chicken needed to be plucked.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Daniel was overdue for being gone. That boy lives strictly in his own head....outsiders need not apply. He just doesn't "get it". His dress last night was really pretty, but where was the fun, outlandish drag factor? He is too serious for his own good. Lighten up and laugh/live a little, Daniel! I don't think I ever remember seeing that man actually laugh.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

There's a video up on Bravotv.com from after the show last night. It's got the ever-annoying Andy Cohen in it and he asks his usual OTT personal questions, but Daniel and Wesley are kind of cute in it and handle it well. I think the presence of the drag queen Lady Bunny helped out (Andy is such an ass!) but Daniel actually smiles and isn't so lethargic in speech as last night's episode.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;3171400;
    There's a video up on Bravotv.com from after the show last night. It's got the ever-annoying Andy Cohen in it and he asks his usual OTT personal questions, but Daniel and Wesley are kind of cute in it and handle it well. I think the presence of the drag queen Lady Bunny helped out (Andy is such an ass!) but Daniel actually smiles and isn't so lethargic in speech as last night's episode.
    Maybe this competition just wasn't for Daniel. He didn't really seem to get that you have to actually understand the challenge and tailor your design to fit it. I honestly felt that the judges were over him with the Olympic challenge. He was so utterly clueless and didn't even have the perception to know it. If everyone could just do what they want to do, then there would be no point to this competition. They are testing the designers to see how versatile, flexible, savvy, efficient and creative they can be.

I do think that Keith could easily have gone with that tattered rag dress. What is with him and his swatches of fabric? Tina Turner wouldn't have worn that dress if her life depended on it. But I believe that they didn't want to send him home after his big win last week. Why did they like that skirt, which was maybe a more elegant version of swatches in brown? I think they were more than ready to let Daniel go. I have noticed that when Heidi criticizes the designers to the other judges, like she did with Jennifer a week or two before she went, and now with Daniel, who she criticized last week, that they leave pretty quickly. So maybe Heidi not liking you, or being over you, or bored, or saying you only do one thing, is the kiss of death.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Daniel's problem was that he made the things he liked irregardless of what the actual challenge was. Between a cocktail dress for the olympic team and a red carpet designer gown for the drag queens he wasn't willing to give what was being asked of him.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by gracie;3178292;
    Daniel's problem was that he made the things he liked irregardless of what the actual challenge was. Between a cocktail dress for the olympic team and a red carpet designer gown for the drag queens he wasn't willing to give what was being asked of him.

Thats the whole reason he was aufed. He didn't listen and made what he wanted to make.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

No big loss! Was he talented...yes...but if you have him work for you, you'd better be prepared to put your ideas aside and go with what he wants....which is what you're going to get anyway.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I was watching the marathon today at Bravo and at the start of the 3rd epi where Wesley was gone, Daniel said that he was bummed Wesley was gone because it seemed that they were connecting well. I thought they were already hooked up prior to joining the show. I'm confused.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234