+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2/13 Show Discussion * Spoilers*

Re: 2/13 Show Discussion * Spoilers*

I'm completely on your island man.Give me a hug!

My Island's 'LOST', it's hard to find.

Anyone care to speculate as to who will win the viewers award? And what exactly is it, cash, car, sewing machine????

I'm assuming it's $10,000 in cash. That's usually what Bravo gives away to the fan favorite.

I'm placing odds on it being Chris (though Sweet P & Elisa are good candidates as well). I can pretty much guarantee it won't be Vicborya. And I hope it's not Jack, for all his pimping (he wasbegging his friends/fans to vote for him) & not-nice Chris talk.

Hey maybe that's why the Vicborya *itch-face?

Premium Member

no way is Jack going to win fan favourite he has complaining and moaning since he left the show. Hope he doesn't come back for season 5.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;2796446;
    Anyone care to speculate as to who will win the viewers award? And what exactly is it, cash, car, sewing machine????
    Every site, blog, and board I've read who take their own polls have Chris winning hands down.

Bet the ranch on Chris to win the 10 grand.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I definitely think Chris has the fan-favorite in the bag.

I do disagree with most opinions about Christian though. maybe it's his personality that attracts me, but not only are his designs strong and perfectly made, his opinions are, too. i think fashion is more about making a statement about who YOU are than fitting into the judge's (or anyone else's) expectations. i love all the clothes he's made, although i wish he'd work with more color than just black. every designer has their niche, just like rami... rami's is just a bit more... frilly? maybe that's why the judges notice it so much more?

i can't believe i'm coming back here to post about this stuff THIS late in the season!! ahh!

i definitely hope christian wins.
    i like jillian, but i dont know if she has enough DRIVE to finish on time. lol.
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

The more I think about the Chris-Rami runoff, the more it angers me. It was a total cop-out, and exposes that PR had preconceptions about who they wanted to see at Bryant Park: Christian, Jillian, and Rami. It's the most obvious anointing since Kara-Jay-Austin on Season 1.

Well, when Austin tanked on the Grammy challenge, Wendy went to Fashion Week. And those are the breaks. But I guess the producers don't feel that way anymore. Now it's like, "Well yes, Chris obviously beat Rami in this challenge, but we'd much rather have someone like Rami represent us than someone like Chris, so OK DO OVER!"

Rami's stubbornness and his narrow ideas of high fashion were his downfall on the show. But the show decided to pick him up and carry him further. And I think it's wrong.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Premium Member

ITA with you Rami sucked at the last challenge and he should have been auf'd but since he is golden drapery boy we must give him another chance. Total BS and I think PR has officially jumped the shark.

FORT Fogey

I think the design off for the third place makes total sense. Both Rami and Chris presented a dress that has been done before. The criticism was exactly the same. How do you choose? Michael and Nina have reputations in this industry and would not participate in a rigged reality show. We have also heard that production does not interfere in the judging process. I believe this. It does not serve anyone to choose the Bryant Park contenders based on anything other than talent.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2799612;
    I think the design off for the third place makes total sense. Both Rami and Chris presented a dress that has been done before. The criticism was exactly the same. How do you choose? Michael and Nina have reputations in this industry and would not participate in a rigged reality show. We have also heard that production does not interfere in the judging process. I believe this. It does not serve anyone to choose the Bryant Park contenders based on anything other than talent.

ITA with your whole post.

I think the design-off is fine. Not only were the dresses too similar to past designs, but both designers have been up & down this season, have gotten praise & criticism, and have the potential to put on amazing shows. They could have had a final four, but since they did that last year and wanted to add a twist, they did a design-off. Now, perhaps they could have used more sensitivity when they presented the format, but it seems reasonable to me.

I also agree that Michael, Nina, and Tim, as well as other "industry" guest judges (DVF, Fern Mallis, etc.), wouldn't participate in the show if it was rigged or if the winners were essentially chosen by the producers. Even if they wanted to, their cadre of lawyers, PR people, investors/advertisers, or others in their respective companies would stop them because it's disaster waiting to happen. Their reputations would be shot.

I think that since we see everything that goes on behind the scenes and the judges don't (at least Tim gets a glimpse, but even he doesn't see everyting), it's tough for the audience to consider the show from their perspective. It would be like telling someone to forget what they just heard or saw. I read an article that quoted Michael as saying that they had no idea what Vincent was really like until the show started to air -- he was fairly rational on the runway, so MK was surprised that Vincent was as crazy as he was!

+ Reply to Thread