+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 2/6 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Kao

Re: 2/6 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I felt so bad for the diva who got Ricky. I LOVED that shade of orange on her, and then it just went...south. Gorgeous bathing suit, not appropriate for the costume aspect of the ring and that...smock he made for her veered off into Solid Gold Dancer territory!

I felt really bad when the model that worked with Victorya had to leave, but every since Victorya dressed her in that Final Fantasy X-2 Yuna knockoff special and made her do that horrible walk that's all I could think about whenever I see her, even when she was walking normally!

Chris's outfit was fantastic, with Christian's a close second. Jillian's really suited the personality of the Diva she was working with. Sweet Pea better step it up, or she's going to be gone. And Rami...did he even try? There was no reason for him to be such a fashion snob about designing something less upscale than what he's used to. This was an opportunity for the designers to let loose and have fun and instead he and Sweet Pea treated it like the chore of the century.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;2786885;
    Sweet Pea better step it up, or she's going to be gone. And Rami...did he even try? There was no reason for him to be such a fashion snob about designing something less upscale than what he's used to. This was an opportunity for the designers to let loose and have fun and instead he and Sweet Pea treated it like the chore of the century.
    Amen.

Re Sweet Pea:

JMHO . . . I think she was having Prom Dress Flashback problems and didn't tumble to the fact that these clients were from a completely different brainset and arena than 17-year-old high school girls who didn't know their rear ends from a hole in the ground. I LOVED the color she chose for her client, and actually didn't have a major problem with the shorts and halter (which I DID like and thought looked really great on Candice Michelle). She truly blew it on the robe, though. Just absolutely did NOT get that for this particular challenge, she NEEDED to accept the guidance of her Diva, because who better than the Diva would know what her character needed to live up to her image? Keep YOUR opinion in check on THIS one, but get the job done and the character created in the outfit. I mean, yeah, she DID design it, but this was for a special situation and client, and it's not like Sweet P had to run around in it!

Re Rami:

I think Rami is such a flaming a**hole that it wouldn'tve mattered if the Virgin Mary had come in and given him instruction on what She wanted to wear. To me, it was almost kind of like he wasn't thinking, wasn't using even the one brain cell he had. I also tend to kind of think that maybe he --- like Sweet P --- was suffering a bit of Prom Dress Flashback, so he wound up giving Torrie exactly what SHE wanted (with his usual draping, of course), but in a God-awful color that ultimately didn't have anything at all to do with the character she plays in the wrestling ring. Also, I didn't find anything at ALL attractive about that way-beyond-Pepto-Pink rag he put on Torrie.

But he DID get the perfect client, anyway, 'cause she ate that crap UP!
    Last edited by ness; 02-08-2008 at 06:26 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Yeah, Chris won the challenge. He gave the client exactly what she wanted and it rocked.

Christian also totally designed a "fierce" outfit. Luv'ed, luv'ed it. It is always so nice to see the look on his face when he does not win the challenge as he thinks everyone else's designs suck.

Jillian, again great outfit. Lots of booty there.

Anyone of these designers could have won this challenge and it would have been well deserved.

Sweet Pea, Rami and Ricki were so obviously the bottom three. I would have liked to see Rami go home just to see it shatter his arrogance. I cannot believe he was attempting to drape that pink fabric. Please that is sooo done. I do understand why Ricki did go home as he totally did not get the challenge and at least Sweet Pea and Rami did.

At this point I would be very happy with Chris, Christian and Jillian as the final three.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Finally watched this episode online. Thank goodness for youtube!

I have to agree with everyone. I really loved Chris' outfit. He really nailed the design and you could tell she loved it. I was actually surprised by Christian's. I thought his was well done but Chris definitely deserved to win.

Just glad Ricky's gone!

FORT Fogey

I didn't find that little hoodie expensive-looking. Actually, I found it tacky. And when everyone was praising it, it was like the emperor's new clothes. Tacky Onassis!
    Last edited by watts; 02-10-2008 at 01:46 AM.

Sorry to bump old threads but...

Does anyone here actually watch wrestling? Because as a fan of both the WWE Divas and Project Runway, I can tell you that every single one of those outfits probably would have worked in the ring (even Rami's after Torrie gets rid of the apron) EXCEPT Ricky's. Which is why Ricky went home. Also because it was essentially a costume challenge and Ricky was just not able to grasp that. If he had stuck to lingerie (which he shockingly didn't) and gave Layla, his diva, a corset with spandex bootie shorts or something then he would have succeeded in the challenge. Layla is one of my favorite divas and she would NEVER wear that thing to the ring.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678