+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2/6 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 2/6 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I think Kors was speaking for all of them when he said he was "a fish out of water" when it comes to determining what's appropriate for this kind of design. So they probably gave the designers a wide berth in terms of taste and focused on the showmanship and construction.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

I think there's also a big difference between what's appropriate for family friendly figure skating (and a young woman like Sasha Cohen) and the women of wrestling (out to entertain a lot of men for the most part...no part of the sport seems to be demure or dainty).

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2785885;
    I am still really surprised at the challenge. Back in the Sasha Cohen challenge, Emmett's skirt was just a wee bit short, and he got called out for being vulgar and showing too much "tootie."....."You're the designer, you need to bring a certain taste level and guide your client." Alas, it was not to be.
    I agree with others here. Sasha Cohen was a teen girl in a classy sport. She is expected to look tasteful (i.e. NOT SEXY) on the ice. The WWE thrives on the sexuality of their wrestlers. I think the WEE level of taste starts at trashy and just goes downhill from there (if you didn't notice, I am not a WWE fan). If the designers had tried to be "demure" they would have gotten bashed for not catering to their client.

My thoughts on this epi:
    Chris : WooHoo!! I am SO glad to see him win one, he really deserved it!
    Christian : He had a great outfit. I liked that he succeeded in sexy while still covering her up more than the others. However, I didn't care for the loose fabric around her lower legs. A flare would have been okay, but it looked more like a ruffle - it just looked odd to me.
    Jillian : She did a good job. I thought she really succeeded in capturing the "sporty" look her client wanted.
    Rami : Barf. This was terrible. Horrendous color, the ruffles were gross, etc. When one of the judges mentioned "gingham gone bad" I started thinking about all the cute/funny stuff he could have done with the all-American girl look.
    Sweet P : She improved it, but I still thought it was awful. Part of my problem with it was the overwhelming about of that one white/silver color she was working with. Even if they were different fabrics, the single shade made it extra un-interesting. The hospital gown comment stuck with me for the rest of the show. A medium-toned robe with an oversized, cloak-like hood could have been very dramatic and probably not too difficult to make....
    Ricki : it looked fairly well made, but was still a swimsuit. It might have done well in the previous seasons swimsuit-to-party-dress challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2785596;
    Isn't that Maria from Outback Jack?? It just came to me because her face was so familiar! Just started the episode and am excited to see the garments.
    It sure was. she looks good as a red head!
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

The said that 2 will be eliminated next week on a commercial today. So next weeks episode is the last elimination before the show.

Tomorrow there should be 3 finalist and 1 extra.

Premium Member

aww crap two eliminations I just hope Chris isn't eliminated, eliminate drape boy Rami and Sweet P

I am so so so effing happy that Chris won! He is just awesome and I love him to death. My thoughts:

1. Chris - Fantastic, and you could tell she loved it. It was Perfect!
    2. Jillian - A very close second, again, fit her personality and what she described perfectly!
    3. Christian - Great, as usual. I was suprised he liked this challenge so much, maybe he should go into S&M designing! hehe
    4. Sweet Pea - She fixed it, but dropped the ball on that robe thing.
    5. Rami - Go drape yourself. I am so bored.
    6. Ricky - I would totally wear that swimsuit. He did know they were designing for WWE and not SI Swimsuit edition, right? I can't believe he didn't cry.

ANYHOOO, I hope the top 3 are Jillian, Chris and Christian. But I have a feeling they are gonna kick Chris out and put Rami in. What a snooze-fest Rami's show would be.

I am very happy for Chris! He deserved this win!

Chris - Very nice job! It's an amazing outfit, and she carried it superbly on the runway.
    Christian - I liked his outfit, too. But I am not so sure if she would be able to move freely in that outfit. It was a little too much fabric IMO. And I didn't like the ruffles below the knee (as someone else mentioned in a previous post)
    Jillian - I like the idea. But I don't like the colors. It reminded me of the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. I don't have a problem with them, but it just feels weird to think there is a cheerleader on the WWE ring.
    Sweet Pea - Why white? It's very plain, and it didn't complement the wrestler's skin color.
    Rami - Boooooooring! I'm sooo tired of seeing the drapes. I hope he gets eliminated next week. I don't want to see a whole collection of drapes.
    Ricky - Good bye!

I'm beginning to think that this group is the weakest set of designers they've had on Project Runway. Except for a couple, the creativity level is way low. How many "jackets" can Christian design in six weeks? Maybe if he and Rami go into busines, they could market a line of draped bed jackets. PeaPod is just so incredibly mediocre I can't believe it. Her WWE costume looked like she picked it up out of the bargin bin at Frederick's of Hollywood. The blue and white number was interesting, but not at all appropriate for a wrestling match. She provided the opponent hundreds of places to grab our diva and fling her into the ropes. I did like Chris's but he is primarily a costumer and while his design worked for this, he has turned in a few "what was he thinking. . . ." designs. All in all, I don't find anything that excited me like past seasons. I don't see any of these people having a career in fashion design. It takes millions to get a line introduced and I don't see many investers putting that much money behind any of these designers. The $100,000 the winner gets wouldn't even get them a well equipped work room and maybe just maybe 4 months rent on the work space.
    Last edited by ChristoferHawke; 02-08-2008 at 12:42 AM. Reason: forgot something

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2785596;
    Isn't that Maria from Outback Jack?? It just came to me because her face was so familiar! Just started the episode and am excited to see the garments.
    First, YAY CHRIS!!

I'm finally watching this episode that I had to record last night and I'm looking at Maria thinking to myself "I know her... where do I know her from?" and then it hit me. I just watched Outback Jack in reruns.

Who would've thought she'd become a wrestler??

Nice outfit when she went in for the fitting, btw.

Anyway, as for the show itself, ehh. I have to say this was one of my least favorite challenges in the past few seasons. Blech, it was very blah for me. Maybe it's one too many capes??

But, if it lead to Ricky getting the boot, I don't care if I hated the majority of the rest of the episode - getting rid of Mr. Teary was very worth it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast