+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 12-12 discussion thread **spoilers**

Re: 12-12 discussion thread **spoilers**

Jack probably had to leave. My son had an MRSA in his face at age three, and they put him in isolation in the emergency room, and then in the pediatric unit for a week. And his cousin (just a few months younger) ended up in the same unit the next day, but they couldn't see each other (And my SIL couldn't come to see us) due to Andrew's infection.

It's so dangerous because the blood flows from the face to the brain. At least that's what the doctor told me.

FORT Fogey

His HIV status compromises his imune system so the staph infection that he gets effects him to a greater degree. He has to have IV antibiotics.

Quote Originally Posted by saran_wrap;2718106;
    Newbie here! I have been lurking for awhile but thought I would join the party!!

Anyways, last night was my favorite challenge OF ALL TIME! I am so excited about this season. Seems like they are mixing it up a bit.

Sad to see Jack go but I am so glad Chris is back.
    Sorry for the delay saran_wrap, but a big

as you step out of the shadows. As a longtime lurker myself, it's nice to be a part of the conversation.

The challenge was such a great creative concept, as usual. Reminds me why I fell in love with this show.

Since they let Daniel Franco come back the second season, I'm sure they would let Jack back, if he wanted to.

I got the sneaking suspicion that they gave Chris a "pass" on this one because he was obviously disadvantaged by the situation of coming back so late to design. The producers might have even told him that he wouldn't be eliminated. I don't see how he wasn't in the bottom 2 with that hideous costume design. The idea of seeing him be eliminated in 2 consecutive episodes would be unappealing and painful to the audience.

Elisa's outfit may not have been appropriate for her model, but at least it was well designed, somewhat innovative, interesting and well executed.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

I'm not surprised Chris stayed for whatever reason, but compared to Steven's and Elisa's, I think his was costumey but better made than either of theirs.

Elisa's reminded me of Robert's orange Everyday Woman shmatteh from last season: shapeless and rough-edged. And Steven's was just half-baked. I think it was right that Chris stayed if only because his concept was going in the right direction.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Newbie

Can someone tell me why you would ever want to be team leader

Seems to me the negative outweighs the positive

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by muggle;2717294;
    Nina.."You went from a wedding to a funeral"...

Michael's comments about Chris' costume being "1950s Shirley MacLaine stripper with a heart of gold" was such a detailed and evil dig that even Heidi lost it. They showed her with the cards over her face.

I think the judges ought to use more sensitivity when critiquing the outfits when the model is not a professional. Some of the women were hurt by the comments. I think Michael Kors was the worse. That hooker remark was totally uncalled for. And saying that Elisa's outfit chopped Tracy up was hurtful. He needs to learn to criticize the designer's work without having it reflect on the model.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;2717304;
    Does anyone feel like we keep seeing fitted jackets with poofed sleeves on Christian's models? It's getting to be like Uli and the freakin' halter print dresses...
    I loved Uli's designs - maybe because I would actually wear them. And Uli seems like such a nice person.

Christian's attitude is unbearable.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;2717384;
    Anybody think it was funny that everyone was hugging and kissing Jack goodbye when he has one of the most contagious staph infections MRSA?
    We were thinking the same thing. I guess the other designers just reacted without considering the possible consequences. I hope they are all okay.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by saran_wrap;2718106;
    Newbie here! I have been lurking for awhile but thought I would join the party!!

Anyways, last night was my favorite challenge OF ALL TIME! I am so excited about this season. Seems like they are mixing it up a bit.

Sad to see Jack go but I am so glad Chris is back.
    Welcome, saran_wrap. I also enjoyed seeing what the designers came up with for this challenge. They needed to inject some of their own selves into the outfit while staying focused on what suited their models. It was a good test of their abilities.

I thought Kevin did the best job with it, and wish he had won it.

Well, that was an interesting turn of events. One thing, though, I'm so glad they didn't use relatives for the "off-size" model challenge this season. I really applaud the women who did volunteer, as I'm sure they were curious as to how hip, young designers would interpret their favorite "fat" outfits into something they could wear on the street and now look both fashionable and be comfortable about showing more of their figure. This was a rough challenge for the designers - particularly when the time frame was so short...and the poor dears had to think about a real person and not window dressing. You would think with the Jessica Parker challenge, they would have gotten a clue that "couture" was not the way to go this year.

I didn't care for any of the redesigns, really. I was particularly sad that the "idea" of the wedding dress wasn't taken into consideration. Surely, he could have taken panels from the skirt and combined them with panels of the black to re-invent either a skirt or a dress, couldn't he? Yes, bad material - but "Make It Work!" He didn't and went bye-bye.

If Chris had resisted the red around the waist...but....oh, well. Lesson learned?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast