+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: project runway 11/28 show discussion

Re: project runway 11/28 show discussion

Why would this guy need to have something designed especially for him when he could just buy a jacket or pants off the rack. I only watched bits last night. I thought some of the male models looked weird.

Quote Originally Posted by kayskate;2697336;
    Hi. I'm new to this forum. Have been watching PR faithfully.
    I think Tiki really liked Jack's striped outfit. He said he could just put it on and wear it. That seems to be why Jack won. It was only 2 pieces, but there were no restrictions on the # of pieces, though the model had to be dressed (in a way that's too bad!).

Kay
    Hope to see you around more! I agree about why Tiki picked Jack's, in fact Jack even said himself that he thought his pieces looked like he could buy them in a store. "Safe and finished" was going to win this challenge, because the outfit was going to be worn by a conservative man on a morning TV show. Which is another reason I thought this challenge was bad. Kevin and Kit's had more attitude and they took more design risks, which would normally win a challenge. This was a tailoring challenge, not a design challenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by LucyVanPelt;2697556;
    VERY SURPRISED that they allowed jack (and whoever else it was that did too) use his own pants as a pattern.to me that was bordering on cheating and just as bad imo as that guy who got eliminated the one season for having that pattern book.
    I didn't have a problem with that. I remember Vincent used his pants to make a pattern for his Jetsetter outfit in S3, and they didn't have a problem with it. It was more controversial to me that Jack shared it with other designers. But I guess in the end it didn't matter, since he shared it with Carmen and Sweet P and they still ended up in the bottom 3...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Kit definitely should have won, her outfit was much more camera freindly than Jack's...plus it was complete! I would for sure have chosen Kit's

I'm glad Carmen went home...she really hasn't done anything impressive yet, although neither has ricky.

I have been very dissapointed so far with the challenges this season, they really need to step it up, I felt that this challege had no room for the designers to get really creative...same with last week. While Tiki is hothothot, he is not exactly the most interesting dresser. Same with Bitten, it's meant for everyday American Sportswear...it's not interesting at all.

UGH! Heidi, come on! Give us something good!

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard;2697570;
    Why would this guy need to have something designed especially for him when he could just buy a jacket or pants off the rack. I only watched bits last night.
    Because sports figures tend to not have "off the rack" bodies, and have to get clothes that will fit properly and look nice on them. Tiki said that his neck was thicker than average, and he had muscular chest smaller legs but a big butt. Even if he did buy something "off the rack" I would imagine that there would be some tailoring involved.

I liked Carmen and was sad to see her go. Ricky better get a grip, because he will be next.

the designers really needed more time for this challenge. it's frustrating to see designers having to send their rushed and incomplete work down the runway. i know a lot of them are amazing designers and it would be nice to see their full potential where they can execute it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;2697040;
    I think this was the worst episode of all 4 seasons so far. I'm almost angry at how much the producers (not the designers) screwed up this challenge.

......There should have been more guidance and/or preparation at the outset to make this challenge possible to finish........
    Actually, I think this entire season is horrible -- and I'm the biggest PR fan. It's beyond disappointing. I have yet to get a feel of anyone's personality, unlike previous seasons. Am afraid Season 4 will be the only DVD I won't buy. Last night's episode was a complete bore -- and 95% of them sewed crappier than I do, if that's possible.

Hope the show can salvage itself between now and then --

Where's Andre????

I wish Carmen had stayed over Ricky also. She may not have done well this time around, but she had more potential than Ricky IMO. I really wish they had all been given a little more time for this one given that very few of them had any menwear experience at all.

I thought it was really funny when Tiki made the comment about his butt looking big if he wore a short jacket and Heidi started giggling and said something about how she was so happy to hear that men have the same worries as women.

FORT Fogey

i think they need to stop bringing these celebrities, we don't care about them. I wish they bring back challenges like in S1. there were not much rooms to be that creative on this challenge

At this stage of the game, finishing trumps everything. Ricky has had a more finished garment both times he has been on the bottom two. If Carmen's pants had been better made, maybe she would have had a chance, but she didn't even make the shirt. Ricky, at least had done everything, even if it was held with pins. I get the feeling the front runners are pretty much set by now (Rami, Christian and Vyctoria), so whatever happens is pretty random.

oh i did not know that vincent used his own pants as a pattern in season 3, how'd i miss that one?!well makes sense to me now that they allowed it then...

what i dont get is how tim said this is the most talented bunch we have had so far, i disagree personally-- i was WOWED a LOT in the past 3 seasons and have yet to be really wowed this season.
    "The most courageous act is still to think for yourself.Aloud."
    -Coco Chanel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast