+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: project runway 11/28 show discussion

Re: project runway 11/28 show discussion

I missed this episode. I love those hot Barber twins, Tiki & Ronde. Tiki makes this girl drool when he is dressed in a suit.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

I actually really liked this episode but that's probably just the sports fan in me coming out.

I thought Carmen was the right choice to go. I think not presenting a shirt and just draping the fabric around the model really did her in. I'm just glad that Sweet P got to stay!

I don't think Jack should have won this challenge at all! I didn't think the colors/strips really went well with each other and I don't think they would look particularly good on Tiki. I think Kit's was the best choice. Not only did she make 3 pieces but they were well constructed and looked great!

I agree with whoever said they were glad that they finally did a menswear challenge. Frankly I'm surprised they waited until season 4 to do one but unfortunately I was disappointed by the results. They really should have had a little extra time considering most of them have no clue how to do menswear.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by mrs. tino;2697214;
    I actually really liked this episode but that's probably just the sports fan in me coming out.

I thought Carmen was the right choice to go. I think not presenting a shirt and just draping the fabric around the model really did her in. I'm just glad that Sweet P got to stay!

I don't think Jack should have won this challenge at all! I didn't think the colors/strips really went well with each other and I don't think they would look particularly good on Tiki. I think Kit's was the best choice. Not only did she make 3 pieces but they were well constructed and looked great!

I agree with whoever said they were glad that they finally did a menswear challenge. Frankly I'm surprised they waited until season 4 to do one but unfortunately I was disappointed by the results. They really should have had a little extra time considering most of them have no clue how to do menswear.
    I would have picked Kit's design, too. Jack didn't follow the rules - having only two pieces, and I thought it looked too busy. But Tiki really liked it, and that must have carried weight.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by shananana;2696880;
    Although I love Jack's personality, I feel that they chose the easy safe outfit as the winning one. What was with all those stripes?? It was like psychadelic fruit stripe gum!
    Hi. I'm new to this forum. Have been watching PR faithfully.
    I think Tiki really liked Jack's striped outfit. He said he could just put it on and wear it. That seems to be why Jack won. It was only 2 pieces, but there were no restrictions on the # of pieces, though the model had to be dressed (in a way that's too bad!).

Kay

I'm not very knowledgeable about fashion (actually I know nothing), but I know what I like, and, truthfully, I didn't like any of them last night. But I guess it's all about pleasing the client, and if Tike liked Jack's, then Jack wins.

I liked Kit's the best too. Well, actually I liked a few of the ones they sent back to the green room. But I guess they didn't have that "wow" factor like Jack's or Kit's, but out of those two, definitely Kit's.

I have to agree that some of the elements of the challenge weren't exactly fair. Bringing in Tiki's wife earlier really could've helped them, and Carmen might've had more of a chance, though I don't think she would've won or anything. I also would've given them three days if they were making three pieces, but perhaps it came down to scheduling.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

I liked both Kit's & Jack's. But I think under the hot lights of the studio, Kit's would've been too warm.

Tiki is classic and Jack's was perfect for him. The color wasn't too loud (Kevin), the pattern was unique, and it was gorgeously constructed (Ricky).

I liked Chris' too. But not for studio work. More casual wear.

Quote Originally Posted by kayskate;2697336;
    Hi. I'm new to this forum. Have been watching PR faithfully.
    I think Tiki really liked Jack's striped outfit. He said he could just put it on and wear it. That seems to be why Jack won. It was only 2 pieces, but there were no restrictions on the # of pieces, though the model had to be dressed (in a way that's too bad!).

Kay
    I liked Jack's outfit, and it would have looked alot better if Jack had been able to finish the vest he planned.

I think that was the big deal in this challenege, that everyone had big plans for what they wanted to make, but they never had the time to do it.

I personally liked the challenge, same as I liked the challenge a few seasons back when they dressed the moms (because they were not typical model sizes). I think these challenges are good for them because they have to try to make clothes for other people than the typical model that they are "trained" to design for.

Quote Originally Posted by bewty;2697071;
    I really didn't get what the problem was with, (I think it was) Kevin's purple shirt. Tiki said he wasn't afraid of color and it most likely would have looked really good on him but they really railed on him for choosing that color.
    I agree. I think that Kevin should have won. Kevin and Kit's outfits were the best, but whatever.

I think that both Carmen and Ricky should have gone home, draping fabric around that model's neck, whatever. That challenge was crazy. What were some of those designers thinking, making a suit in a day and a half? How can you go from designing lingerie to a suit?

VERY SURPRISED that they allowed jack (and whoever else it was that did too) use his own pants as a pattern.to me that was bordering on cheating and just as bad imo as that guy who got eliminated the one season for having that pattern book.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast