Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nina Garcia - Judge

Re: Nina Garcia - Judge - Season 4

Money.....

Re: Nina Garcia - Judge

Nina Garcia Expecting Second Child

Sarah Michaud with reporting by Charlotte Triggs
    Jul 13 2010 11:30 AM ET

With the new season of Project Runway beginning later this month, Nina Garcia has a lot on her plate — and is about to add more.

The judge and Marie Claire fashion director, 45, is expecting her second child with husband David Conrod in December, she tells PEOPLE. The new addition will join big brother Lucas Alexander, 3.

In addition to her work on Project Runway and at Marie Claire, Garcia is the author of three books on style, with a fourth, Nina Garcia’s Look Book: What to Wear for Every Occasion, out Aug. 10.
    You know what Tim says: Don't bore Nina!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Nina Garcia - Judge

I am almost the same age as Nina, so hearing that she is going to be a mom again at age 45 inspires me. I'd still like to have a child, though it's looking doubtful for me. Anyway, after the birth of her first child, I thought becoming a mother might humanize Nina somewhat. I go back and forth over which of our judges annoy me the most. They take turns. As time goes on, Nina comes across to me more and more like she may have been a Mean Girl in high school. So was Michael Kors, for that matter.

Nina is attractive, but I wouldn't place her at the level of breathtaking beauty. Though she she seems to have a very healthy self-regard. Her studio photo here is very nice. On the show, most times, I think her hair seems a bit flyaway and damaged and wonder that she doesn't smooth it down. Her critical eye is a necessity in her job, but it could stand to be leavened with a dose of compassion and humor sometimes. I don't know that Nina has much of a sense of humor. And, though she tears up prettily at the final show always, it'd be nice to hear a crumb of encouragement from her to the designers throughout the season. Nina seems, of all of them, the toughest nut to crack. Very hard to please and quite condescending when she is not pleased, which seems to be most of the time. Guess I'm just as glad that I'm not married to her. Or her kid. If her children are girls, and if they turn out to be less than model-perfect, heaven help them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123