+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Heidi Klum - Host & Judge

Re: 10/28 show discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4104530;
    K

No disrespect to the dress, but you cannot make Heidi look bad in anything.
    Well, that red pantsuit she wore certainly came close

Re: Heidi Klum - Host & Judge

Heidi typically looks great in everything - she's a beautiful woman.
    However, I think that dress is totally ugly, even on Heidi. JMO.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

I like the dress better with the long sleeves - just as Mondo designed it. And, I don't think it worked on Heidi. It needs to be on a rail-thin young girl.

I see Michael's and Nina's points about Mondo's work. It's almost as if he is putting out "visual art" in the sense that it is amazing to look at rather than clothes to be worn. They used the word "circusy". While I prefer "visual art" as a more appropriate description of his work, I do think the practical side of fashion is missing. And, while his designs *seem* to work better for young people, he never says as much, and his intended audience isn't clearly defined. It's kind of confusing or random in this regard.

Still, I LOVE Mondo's "art". I've been on the fence about Gretchen vs. Mondo, but someone made it clear for me. Mondo's work is inventive and cutting edge. That is what this show used to be about - not ready wear. Mondo should have won.
    Last edited by Jexter; 11-18-2010 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4108771;
    I like the dress better with the long sleeves - just as Mondo designed it. And, I don't think it worked on Heidi. It needs to be on a rail-thin young girl.

I see Michael's and Nina's points about Mondo's work. It's almost as if he is putting out "visual art" in the sense that it is amazing to look at rather than clothes to be worn. They used the word "circusy". While I prefer "visual art" as a more appropriate description of his work, I do think the practical side of fashion is missing. And, while his designs *seem* to work better for young people, he never says as much, and his intended audience isn't clearly defined. It's kind of confusing or random in this regard.

Still, I LOVE Mondo's "art". I've been on the fence about Gretchen vs. Mondo, but someone made it clear for me. Mondo's work is inventive and cutting edge. That is what this show used to be about - not ready wear. Mondo should have won.
    I agree here - and you're exactly right on "visual art." For me, that's what a runway is SUPPOSED to be - art. It doesn't have to necessarily be practical.

When I think of runways, I think of things that are unusual, beautiful, different, interesting and art. I don't think of "ready to wear," even with established clothing lines. I think the ONLY runway I usually see that's a combo of both RTW and art is Victoria's Secret (which of course is lingerie ... s )

It's probably why I've been drawn into most by SA and Korto - even LeeAnn from her season's, designs as well as Mondo's. They are art, and in all cases there were designs that fit all body types and most cases could be altered to still look good, have a similar styling to them, on all body types.

Heidi and this dress I think worked, but it'd been better to be shorter because she has long legs which people are drawn to and make her look thinner. Still worked, but could be better IMHO.

Gretchen's to me was more something I could get from a resale shop. The jewelry however was art, and if she redesigned it to more day wear, she'd probably do very well with it.

Yay, thanks for the picture of Heidi wearing it. I like the new alteration as well as the one with long sleeves. Both work well.

I love that Heidi is making a statement.

FORT Fogey

I have always hated Heidi's term "matchy-matchy" so I was shocked to see her at the Emmy awards with seafoam shoes that were matchy-matchy to her seafoam dress.

I laughed when someone commented on the sexiness of her high cut slits and the hostess of E stated that she was going through a divorce so sometimes women go all out when that is happening. LOL

FORT Fogey

Heard that Heidi is the 4th judge on America's Got Talent

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Yeah and I don't get why.
    Kip, AZChristian and Babbred like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Yeah and I don't get why.
    My guess is that she will tell it like it is. She does not mince words on PR. And I am all for a jugde being a little tougher than Sharon, though I adore that woman. Heidi is a treat for the eyes, as well. I think she will make a good judge. Howard Stern is going to love it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678