+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Victorya - Season 4

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Re: Victorya - Season 4

As long as she doesn't have to work with anyone, I think she'll do fine. Her clothes weren't that horrible except for the outdated stuff when she tried to sabotage Ricky.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

I really didnt like her. her personality was crappyyyy. i don't think she was a team player, ever. she had some good designs, a great vision... but ehh. she had nothing to offer this show. i'm glad she got kicked when she did. lol.
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

There was no way Victorya could have stayed after that Levis fiasco. Did she honestly think a coat that you had to step into would fly?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;2797230;
    There was no way Victorya could have stayed after that Levis fiasco. Did she honestly think a coat that you had to step into would fly?
    The coat was cute, it was just that she wasn't imaginative enough for the challenge. That's why I thought Chris should have been out. That was one ugly outfit.

Chris was saved because he had an intent that he could articulate: a reinterpretation of the little black dress. Victorya was never engaged in the challenge, and it showed as she couldn't BS her way through the runway judging. I was surprised at her complete detachment from doing a denim outfit; it's as if a switch clicked in her head and she decided she didn't need the show anymore.

Reading some of her interviews, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happened. She was in it to further her career (as they all are), but maybe not to the point where she would play the game by other people's rules till the end. I think she just said to herself, "Bored now," and went home.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Victorya Interview excerpts:

Project Runway something you ever thought about doing before this season?

No, actually never. I'll be honest, never in my wildest dreams did I entertain the possibility of going on Project Runway. Just because the whole TV aspect of it. I've always been very frank. It's a difficult thing. I think there's some people who actually go on Project Runway to be on TV, but for me it's always been about trying to get into fashion, to break into the fashion world. Sometimes those things aren't necessarily compatible, so that was always something that I had to sort of address myself first off.

Now I feel like we really didn't get to know you as well as the other designers. When you watch the episodes back, do you feel like that's an accurate portrayal of yourself?

It's very funny, I was just talking about this with my husband this morning. I was in a meeting yesterday, and someone said to me, "You know what, I'm sitting here talking to you and you're not the girl I saw on television last night." We all laughed about it, because I think some people come off a certain way on television and it's not necessarily a true reflection of how they are.

On the episode this week with the denim design, Jillian tried to make it sound like you stole her idea for a coat, but what really happened?

I actually was not aware that she was doing a coat until it was too late for me. It's not like we ever collaborated in terms of. . .you know you don't really share your ideas with other people before you start them. It's just kind of funny, because the coat category is such a huge category of design. I guess when I saw it I was a little surprised that someone thought that they had the exclusive rights. I don't know, I was just a little surprised by it.

When you saw all the outfits on the runway, did you think you were the one who should have gone home?

I'll put it this way: when I was kicked off, I was ready to go.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Runway victim;2806002;
    When you saw all the outfits on the runway, did you think you were the one who should have gone home?

I'll put it this way: when I was kicked off, I was ready to go.
    Wow...looks like I nailed that one!
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

The more I think about it, the more peeved I get. With that attitude, I'm not surprised that Heidi and Tim dug into her during the reunion. She probably was "very frank" about how over it she was. Well, fine, there's the door, princess.

She bugs the stuffing outta me.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

what gets me is you all know how brutal the show is, former contestants talk about it.....why do some contestants just give up...if you are going to give up then dont go on the show, save the spot for somebody else.

Yes but I'm sure when some people get there they get peeved with how biased the judging can be. I'm so surprised by a lot of their choices, If I was Victorya up there with a cute coat and had to be in the bottom three with Ricky's incredibly basic dress getting so praised, I would be ready too.

Also, I just don't some people are ready for the excessive exploitation that goes on with reality television, even with a show that seems so high brow like this one.

+ Reply to Thread