+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steven - Season 4

Re: Steven - Season 4

poor guy.. but honestly, its hard to make a dress out of hideous wedding gown
    trust in God,have faith
    FANTASTIC KATALYST/KATWALKER
    "KATAlyzing the KATwalk"
    Kataclauremeenya

I feel bad for Steven. He was dreading that dress (so was everyone else), but I think he got too worried to really deal with it. Personally, I was envisioning pulling some of the netting and beadwork to rework into a pale blouse with a skirt, or something like that (a YSL knock-off, I admit). I did like his use of some of the pearls to make a necklace. But the black was extreme, just a bad choice. I have to agree, Steven, "white, polyester satin," is a horror.

Also, this season the designers seem to have less time to do the work. Previously, they were usually given at least a day and a half to two days, but this time they usually only get a day for an outfit. I think that if Steven had had two days he could have reworked that dress into something decent.

I was angry with Michael Kors' comment for that reason. Well, yes, Michael Kors could have reworked that dress into a wonderful day dress or suit, but, frankly, I could probably do it with enough time and the staff and equipment he has.

I was sitting in bed envisioning what he COULD have made with this dress! A nice flared skirt with the lace as an overskirt, with a satin blouse. Or a cute spring dress with a matching coat. Or maybe some stylish satin pants with a fitted lace overlayed top with satin details. I think he was so mortified by what horrible COULD happen, that he didn't see the awesome things that COULD happen if he tried.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

I was thiknking the same thing, and I'm no good at fashion. Even if he wanted to keep to his black & white idea, he could have made a shortsleeve or halter top from the satin/lace, and then made black pants and a black vest or short jacket. Granted, I don't know if that could be made well in only one day...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

His desire "to rid the fashion world of non-natural fabric" certainly proved to be his undoing. He was so rude about the material and the lace...He had plenty to work with but was unwilling to soil his hands touching this low class fabric. Since he didn't bite the bullet and confront that limitations of what he had to work with, he got booted for that ugly dress. If he was going to only use the decorations, then he should have been more creative with the fabric and design that he had total control over.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123