+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian Siriano - Season 4

Re: Christian - Season 4

Quote Originally Posted by tousselchick;2735759;
    I have noticed him repeating things each episode but I really noticed it during the marathon. Maybe he didnt repeat himself, maybe editing just keeps submitting that phrase over and over again.

I want to like him but hes just a little egotisical for me. Did like his outfit though.
    Yeah! I noticed that too. It's a cheap trick.

This guy is hilarious and is my favorite on the show. He just has a fun personality.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

Sometimes I love him and sometimes I love to hate him!

He is such fun and you've got to admit - he's very talented.

He is indeed wildly talented, and very entertaining. But there are those times when you just want to give him a smack, too.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

He's my bet to win. He's just so talented, he's a fast sewer and he's got a point-of-view. Plus he has worked with McQueen.

I think his point of view is rather limited, judging by the looks he has pushed down the runway in almost every challenge so far.

He's great at referencing a classic look that was pioneered by his mentors. But what is his look? Does he really have his own vision? And the way he whines and resists anytime a challenge doesn't involve draping expensive fabric on a size 2 model is rather revealing. He seems to have a narrow view about who deserves to wear high fashion and who he'd rather not waste his time on.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;2743382;
    I think his point of view is rather limited, judging by the looks he has pushed down the runway in almost every challenge so far.

He's great at referencing a classic look that was pioneered by his mentors. But what is his look? Does he really have his own vision? And the way he whines and resists anytime a challenge doesn't involve draping expensive fabric on a size 2 model is rather revealing. He seems to have a narrow view about who deserves to wear high fashion and who he'd rather not waste his time on.
    Yes, but a point-of-view is what distinguishes you from other designers. And he is just 21 so it will change and it does every season but a good designer has his mark stamped so that it can be still distinguished as his design. Like Nicholas Guesquierre for Balenciaga, Christopher Bailey for Burberry Prorsum, or anything Chanel. Christian has potential and in the next episode's preview when he seems to be giving up Tim Gunn said he has so much potential or something like it.

FORT Fogey

And I want someone to win and make a mark in fashion unlike past winners. I think he's got the goods and mad skills to make it.

I don't see any special talent and he annoys the heck out of me. His voice is so annoying, his hair style is so stupid, his attitude is arrogrant, and everything about him irritates me.

I can't be the only person who feels that way! He just grates on me!

He's the kind of contestant that concerns me, because he's an incredible sewer. He gets by on his knock-off design ideas because he can execute them very well.

This issue came into focus on PR Canada, where one designer already had her own firm when she made the show, but she had other people do the construction because she wasn't a great sewer. And on PR, you have to make what you sketch yourself.

So what's better for the fashion industry? A designer with great ideas who can't sew, or someone with a narrow view who is a great sewer? It makes you wonder if the show is going about things the right way in their search for the next great designer...
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread