+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Christian Siriano - Season 4

Re: Christian - Season 4

Urgh!!!!!!!!!! Hes awful and unattactive, and thinks wayyy to much of his own talent.
    No one i know would wear what he designs...
    Lets make another jacket with an upturned collar that loooks like some vulgar 80's kitch again.. eh christian?

Hes completely overrated. I hope chris wins!

Although I think Christian is very talented and extremely good at sewing, the thing that bothers me about his designs is that they are designed for model-sized women. I really can't see some of his designs on regular women, because they would not look good. To me a designer has to be able to design for all sizes, just not for what will look good on the runway.

Interview with Christian:

If you're like us, you have been glued to your tube every Wednesday night for the new season of Project Runway. AC spoke to the self-proclaimed "Diva of Project Runway," pocket gay Christian Siriano, who dished on growing up in Baltimore, Heidi Klum, and a threesome with David Beckham.

AC: So, let's start from the beginning. Where are you from?
    Christian Siriano: Well I am from Annapolis Maryland. I went to High school in Baltimore, but I grew up in Annapolis. It was a cute town. We lived on a waterfront community. It was good, even though I don't really fit the preppy boater kind of style.

AC: Really, I'm shocked!
    Christian Siriano: Ha I know everyone is like "You came out of there?!" It is really metropolitan, though.

AC: When did you start designing?
    Christian Siriano: When I started to work for the salon, I was like 13, and I did a lot of costumes for their hair show. It was an annual show they held every year.

AC: What was your first big fashion event?
    Probably the hair show competition. It was between 35 salons in the Maryland, Virginia, Delaware area and there were 200 people that went. I did that for around five years.

AC: So who inspired you to start getting into fashion?
    Christian Siriano: It was something I was more interested in myself. When I went to see my sister dance at ballet, I was really into costumes and the arts, and my family was also supportive of whatever me and my sister wanted to do. I would say I pushed myself the most to be into design.

AC: You went to a college in London?
    Christian Siriano:The American Intercontinental University in London. I was there for around three years.

AC: I know you worked with Vivian Westwood and Alexander McQueen during college...
    Christian Siriano: Well I will say I think she (Westwood) is inspiring to all designers, she is very creative and has been around for years. Originally when I got accepted to my school in London, most of my teachers worked for Vivian for a very long time in production, and a teacher actually recommended me. So I worked for Vivian but it was more of an internship, but just to be in London and have the experience with her was amazing. The internship at Westwood got me in to McQueen for an internship, then at Mcqueen I was offered a job as an assistant after I finished. So it worked out very well. I really learned at least 70% of what I know from McQueen.

AC: So after London, you moved to New York?
    Christian Siriano: Yeah, to the Lower East Side. It's not too far from Soho. It is fabulous and fierce..like me!

AC: Who encouraged you to try out for Project Runway?
    Christian Siriano:I loved the show and my friend's mom worked in PR and told me about the try out. I wrote the information on a napkin at a restaurant. A week later I auditioned, so it was very random.

AC: Is it like The Real World? Do you send in videotape?
    Christian Siriano: You do an open casting call, and it's a series of auditions in front of different judges, and there is a preliminary before you meet with Tim Gunn and people from Elle for a final round that day, and I made it through. After that there is a ton of stuff like bio video, documentary, etc. it took a month and a half after the initial audition to get a yes or no answer.

AC: What was your first impression meeting all of the cast mates on the show?
    Christian Siriano: I think my first impression was that everyone was so much older than me. I felt like a 12-year-old child.

AC: Did everyone act different toward you because you were younger?
    Christian Siriano: Oh yeah, everyone did at first. After the first challenge, however, everyone was nicer. As they should have been.

AC: Yes, when they saw how fabulous you were.
    Christian Siriano: Exactly.

AC: Anyone you really connected to in the cast specifically?
    Christian Siriano: Initially it was Jack and Kitt. Victoria and me are really close too, believe it or not!

AC: Who was the cutest designer this season?
    Christian Siriano: Umm... me.

AC: What did you think about Tim Gunn?
    Christian Siriano: At first he kind've annoyed me. As the challenges went on, I grew to love him, and he's amazing and so sweet. I actually think he really does care about us, which is nice.

AC: Who was your favorite judge?
    Christian Siriano: Heidi

AC: Really? Sometimes I think she has a little bitch vibe going.
    Christian Siriano: I think Heidi is amazing. She is so nice to me. Yes, she can be harsh but I really enjoy her. Actually, in that Bitten challenge for Sarah Jessica Parker, she actually really liked my outfit. They just didn't show it. I get a lot of positive comments from Heidi.

AC: Was it as fabulous to meet Sarah Jessica Parker (Episode 2 Guest Judge)?
    Christian Siriano: I loved meeting her. I worked on a project for her when I worked for McQueen so it was really fun to finally meet her.

AC: When Michael or Nina are making harsh comments, do you ever take that to heart?
    Christian Siriano: Nina bothered me and got on my nerves a little. Sometimes she will contradict herself cause she'll say it's the most boring dress you could ever make and she's sitting there practically wearing that same dress. Michael is really nice on and off camera.

AC: But you never would break down from a judge?
    Christian Siriano: I would never cry ever on television.

AC: Well Ricky does enough crying for you...
    Christian Siriano: Yea he does enough for the whole universe, I'm over him. If I see him cry one more time, I'm going to make him a pie and send it to him.

AC: So what are you doing post "Runway?"
    Christian Siriano: We are still in regular taping, so the show still has me tied up, but I am also trying to start my own T-shirt line.

AC: How would you describe your design style?
    Christian Siriano: Edgy, Avant Garde and European inspired

AC: What do you do for fun when you are not in the studio?
    Christian Siriano: I work all week, and so I go out every Sunday night. I go out to dinner a lot. I have cheesy movie nights every Monday.

AC: So you're not a club boy.
    Christian Siriano: It's ok but dancey, remixed music is not my favorite in the whole world. I prefer more trendy, poppy music like Britney.

AC: You like Britney, huh?
    Christian Siriano: Are you kidding me? I am seriously trying to launch a new reality show called Project Britney where I become Britney's stylist for a year and make her over. It's going to be so hot.

AC: Just don't let her shave her head again.
    Christian Siriano: Don't worry if she does I'll get some fierce Tyra Banks wig for her.

AC: So are you dating right now?
    Christian Siriano: Um, I'm dating everyone right now. Kidding, no I'm just having fun. There's too many beautiful people out there that love me, I can't just throw them all away.

AC: If you could name one hot celebrity that you could make out with right now, who would it be?
    Christian Siriano: David Beckham. Well, David and me have a serious relationship right now. No, we don't, but that would be cool if we did.

AC: Sounds hot, but you gotta watch out for Posh though, she might cut you.
    Christian Siriano: She is so fierce, I would have a threesome.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

AC: If you could name one hot celebrity that you could make out with right now, who would it be?
    Christian Siriano: David Beckham. Well, David and me have a serious relationship right now. No, we don't, but that would be cool if we did.
    The last person I can see him with is David Beckham. Christian is like a cute little entertaining gnome to me. It's hard for me to imagine him with anybody!

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

Is Christian talented? Oh my yes. Does he design for the average woman? Um, nope. Not one little bit. If you're not rail thin, forget it. Would I want to be seated next to him on a plane? No way. He's annoying. Is he probably going to win this in a walk? Yes. I actually like Chris better (I am a drag queen trapped in a woman's body), but Christian has a vision that's very forward thinking. I just wish he realized that no one sells if it can't look good on someone who is at least a size eight.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

my fierce christian! oh my gosh..
    trust in God,have faith
    FANTASTIC KATALYST/KATWALKER
    "KATAlyzing the KATwalk"
    Kataclauremeenya

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2806860;
    Although I think Christian is very talented and extremely good at sewing, the thing that bothers me about his designs is that they are designed for model-sized women. I really can't see some of his designs on regular women, because they would not look good. To me a designer has to be able to design for all sizes, just not for what will look good on the runway.
    Well, He DID win the challenge that had normal sized women in it. They had lost weight but were far from thin so he can do it if he wants. Most designers don't design with with average people in mind so he's not alone. Ever try on a Betsy Johnson large? It's like a pre teen small and she's been around for years. He's in this to win so of course he's going to make creative, over the top outfits ,not average ones. Who cares if his clothes don't work for regular women? They already have plenty of clothes out there to choose from and won't die if they never own a Christian original.

i think he'll win. but posh loves dress with silhouettes..
    trust in God,have faith
    FANTASTIC KATALYST/KATWALKER
    "KATAlyzing the KATwalk"
    Kataclauremeenya

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;2807068;
    Well, He DID win the challenge that had normal sized women in it. They had lost weight but were far from thin so he can do it if he wants. Most designers don't design with with average people in mind so he's not alone.
    He lucked into getting the leanest-looking model of the bunch, so he didnt have to leave his narrow comfort zone in order to dress her. And still he freaked at the thought of designing for someone who isn't a complete stick. I would have loved to see how he would react if he got Steven's wedding dress. Would he have crumpled and resigned himself to leaving like he did during the prom dress challenge?

He's too young to be locked in so tightly to such a narrow vision. He needs to be challenged even more than he was on PR, otherwise he'll be branded a Europhilic one-note before his career manages to take off.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 02-22-2008 at 02:05 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I'm so glad he won fan favorite, he certainly was mines! I really hope he wins the season too, he really is the most talented and innovative I believe!

+ Reply to Thread