+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian Siriano - Season 4

FORT Fogey

Re: Christian - Season 4

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;2789886;
    Here's what bugged me about Chloe:

When Tim visited her a month before Fashion Week, she had nothing but fabric choices and one dress template done. Then by Fashion Week, she had a whole collection that looked (for the most part) well-tailored, if a little basic and narrow in range.

Later on, I watched the DVD of S2 and saw a bit of her audition video, and lo and behold, what is behind her but a print dress with a silk cummerbund, which was the basis for two-thirds of her Fashion Week collection.

She didn't "design" much other than the tailored silk dresses and final gown. For the rest, she basically cranked out what she was already cranking out for her store. I don't call that fashion-forward, OR the mark of a great designer.

She was the safe choice in a shaky year. There was too much audience hatred for Santino (at the time), and Daniel (as much as I love him and want his children) was clearly too young for the crown.

I don't see Chloe as someone PR should point to and beam with pride. At least Jay is trying to break out in the big leagues, and Jeffrey already has cache with celebrities. Watching the Grammys tonight, I heard one top 40 band's lead singer mention on the red carpet that his outfit was Cosa Nostra. But Chloe? She took the money and went home.

I guess they should give it to Christian if only because he won't fail to deliver on lending PR the kind of exposure they've been expecting for 3 years and not getting...a larger-than-life winner who actually wants a career, and who doesn't scare little kids, and whose life is basically together.
    I thought that the best runway collection at that time was Kara Janx's, and that ultimately was the reason they kept 4 finalists at the 3 season. Like if Santino kept to his true vision and had he not strayed from what he showed during his season, he would have shown a high fashion collection. Andre and Nick who I thought were lock-ins were eliminated in favor of boring Chloe. And now, I'm actually afraid that Christian won't win this because he's the obvious winner. Like his bottom 2 designs were not actually the second worsts of the episodes but because mostly because of his attitude. If Jillian wins, it would not make that big an impact because her designs are so-so while making Christian the winner is the fashion designer equivalent of letting a high fashion girl win ANTM. And Christian would be like the American equivalent of McQueen, because name one American designer who does avant garde. We actually need one because most of them are European or Japanese.

i do agree... i love his creations... he's the best! go!
    trust in God,have faith
    FANTASTIC KATALYST/KATWALKER
    "KATAlyzing the KATwalk"
    Kataclauremeenya

FORT Newbie

Chrisitian is awesome. Sometimes I get thrown off by him saying 'fierce' every five seconds but when it comes to fashion...he knows his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by survivereality;2790453;
    Chrisitian is awesome. Sometimes I get thrown off by him saying 'fierce' every five seconds but when it comes to fashion...he knows his stuff.
    The saddest thing to witness this year was Tim Gunn picking up on Christian's overuse of a 20-year-old gay buzzword. I hope Tim doesn't continue to use it in future seasons or casual conversation.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by j_mado;2786346;
    That's why this has been my favorite season No unnecessary or pushed drama. I am watching it with a smile on my face, and I actually enjoy it very much this season. Everyone is funny (Chris and Christian are the funniest). It makes my day
    Don't get me wrong, I still really like this season. I actually enjoy the fact that they all help each other out. That's not something that you see on other reality shows. They actually seem to like each other (of course the season isn't over yet). I thought , at the beginning , that Christian wouldn't "play well" with others but he does! He's confident , but (like someone else said)not evil. I STILL think that the first season was the VERY best( with all the Wendy hating going on). Now, THAT!!!!!!!!!, was some good TV!
    Last edited by tvaholic; 02-11-2008 at 07:44 PM. Reason: ADD

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;2790465;
    The saddest thing to witness this year was Tim Gunn picking up on Christian's overuse of a 20-year-old gay buzzword. I hope Tim doesn't continue to use it in future seasons or casual conversation.
    I know! He's been using it quite a lot, huh?

Meh, I guess we'll agree to disagree but I have to defend Chloe on this one. She has said before that she doesn't want to do the New York thing again. It doesn't matter that she's selling on QVC, it doesn't mean her designs are typical. I think she was the most unique hands down out of any of them. It doesn't matter if they weren't "wow" pieces, the way she designed and constructed her outfits was something very special. I thought Daniel was sooo boring and so predictable the whole time.

[FA edit]
    Last edited by femme fatale; 02-12-2008 at 03:17 PM.

Don't get me wrong, I still really like this season. I actually enjoy the fact that they all help each other out. That's not something that you see on other reality shows. They actually seem to like each other (of course the season isn't over yet). I thought , at the beginning , that Christian wouldn't "play well" with others but he does! He's confident , but (like someone else said)not evil. I STILL think that the first season was the VERY best( with all the Wendy hating going on). Now, THAT!!!!!!!!!, was some good TV!
    I have to agree with you here. But he is immature occassionally. Like arguing with Chris about how to clean denim. He isn't the best designer out there (I hated his collection, it's McQueen 2006 almost exactly), but he is incredibly talented and fun.

Not counting Jack's bitching (and Christian's apparent hate of Ricky), this cast really seems to like & respect each other. It's fun to watch them together.

Christian is 21, remember when we were 21 and knew it all?

He is a fashion-prodigy!
    "You are not even worth it, sweetheart." -Fatima

+ Reply to Thread