+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway - 4 **SPOILERS**

Re: Project Runway - 4 **SPOILERS**

Rami did an interview with Frontiers magazine- A few excerpts.

Describe your mother's influence on your style.
    My mother was a lover of fashion and life before she passed on when I was 5 years old. She was Miss Jordan in the late 50s, and people viewed her as a role model. I think being around her at an early age exposed me to her love of fashion and the joy of dressing. It is in my blood I guess.

What was your strategy personality-wise, when you started the show?
    I wanted to remain extremely focused on expressing who I am as a designer in every single challenge. The most important thing for me was that my design ethic and vision spoke clearly in every piece of work that I created on the show, no matter the results.

Who's your favorite Project Runway past contestant and why?
    Well, I will say that I really appreciate Nick Verreos. He is super sweet and has been very supportive. He also deserves credit for turning his Project Runway experience into a growing opportunity even after the show ended.

What's the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the names Heidi Klum, Tim Gunn, and Michael Kors?
    Project sweatshop!
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Josh.Can.Rawr;2803203;
    I really want Christian to win. I think he's amazing, and increadibly talented. He's got the va-va-voom that fashion needs.
    The most surprising thing about Christian's collection is it's lack of color. Every dress looks like a sepia print. Especially after knowing his two biggest influences are Vivienne Westwood & Alexander McQueen, they both love loud, vivd colors (and prints). I want to shake him and say "You're a talented kid- but there are lots of other colors in the crayon box!".

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

I think Christian is very artistic in his design, but not very practical. I have a hard time seeing how his fashion will translate into contemporary clothing lines. As for Kit, I completely agree. I think she's fantastic and was really disappointed to see her get sent home.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;2803216;
    I was very suprised that both Rami and Chris thought Kitt should have gone much further in the competition. They see something in her that I don't.
    I thought Kit had a unique vision. You can tell by the way she dressed. And when she tried on the hideous wedding gown and wanted it, I was intrigued with what she could have done with it rather than that unimaginative designer (can't remeber his name) who had it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2803230;
    I think Christian is very artistic in his design, but not very practical. I have a hard time seeing how his fashion will translate into contemporary clothing lines. As for Kit, I completely agree. I think she's fantastic and was really disappointed to see her get sent home.
    Like he said in the art challenge, you have to see beyond the whole. Disect it as separates. You wouldn't wear a Balenciaga outfit in its entirety without looking overkill. You wear pieces with other stuff you have. But I have to admit the ensemble with feathers is a bit costume-y.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Runway victim;2803224;
    The most surprising thing about Christian's collection is it's lack of color. Every dress looks like a sepia print. Especially after knowing his two biggest influences are Vivienne Westwood & Alexander McQueen, they both love loud, vivd colors (and prints). I want to shake him and say "You're a talented kid- but there are lots of other colors in the crayon box!".
    But he did say his inspiration was Goth. So there goes the color wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by watts;2803325;
    I thought Kit had a unique vision. You can tell by the way she dressed. And when she tried on the hideous wedding gown and wanted it, I was intrigued with what she could have done with it rather than that unimaginative designer (can't remeber his name) who had it.
    Steven was the wedding dress designer.

But Jack also talks quite frequently about Kit being very talented. I wish we had seen it on the runway.

That last challenge with the Scarlett O'Hara quilt/bed cover was disastrous! But I think Ricky had something to do with that. He was consistently in the bottom. Too bad she had to go on a team challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by watts;2803334;
    But he did say his inspiration was Goth. So there goes the color wheel.
    True but Chris March also used a "dark/goth" inspiration in his runway show & managed to use color. Christian's use of black is the only "goth" feel in his collection. The ivory and brown tones aren't really goth IMO.

I just think he is a little afraid of color right now. It's like when I was young and would buy everything for my apartment in black & white (because you know it's going to match).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Runway victim;2803391;
    True but Chris March also used a "dark/goth" inspiration in his runway show & managed to use color. Christian's use of black is the only "goth" feel in his collection. The ivory and brown tones aren't really goth IMO.

I just think he is a little afraid of color right now. It's like when I was young and would buy everything for my apartment in black & white (because you know it's going to match).
    I don't think he is afraid of color judging by the way he dresses though black is predominant. I think he would start like Olivier Theyskens who started in the business with gothic designs in mostly black in his own label, then designed more wearable clothes in mostly dark colours for Rochas, then graduated to doing colour as seen in his designs for Nina Ricci.
    Last edited by watts; 02-21-2008 at 04:55 AM.

FORT Fogey

How come I didn't see any reference to Sweet P having a fight with Victorya in the reunion show? I'm glad that Christian won $10,000 considering he said he needed money.

+ Reply to Thread