+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132

Thread: 10/18 Finale Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    I personally think this was the best season yet (as much as I loved Jay and also Daniel Vosovic). In terms of the runway shows, they were the most creative and original-- each designer had his/her own point of view. I remember feeling let down last season-- Chloe, Santino and Daniel had very muted (except for the ugly colors of Chloe's shoulder pads and prom dresses) palettes. I also like the idea of having (and showing on TV) four shows instead of three.

To respond to comments about Jeffrey's talent/look and how limited it is-- it might be but I am sure he will continue to reinvent himself. The shows that are presented at Bryant Park do not try to appease everyone's tastes. Whereas Chanel suits are timeless, current popular designers include: Marc Jacobs, Stella McCartney, Proenza Schouler, Narciso Rodriguez, Zac Posen, etc..., and while Jeffrey is still not quite on par, I think he has the most potential.

In saying this, I am not trying to take away anything from Michael, Laura and Uli-- I think they are all fabulous designers and I LOVED Laura's and Uli's colelctions. However, I have to agree with the judges-- they just didn't show as much versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by sskd1;2115678;
    I personally think this was the best season yet (as much as I loved Jay and also Daniel Vosovic). In terms of the runway shows, they were the most creative and original-- each designer had his/her own point of view. I remember feeling let down last season-- Chloe, Santino and Daniel had very muted (except for the ugly colors of Chloe's shoulder pads and prom dresses) palettes. I also like the idea of having (and showing on TV) four shows instead of three.
    I agree, but I think the talent of this season extends to the very beginning of the season. Tim Gunn commented in several of his blogs how impressed he was at the ambition of the designers... they really pushed themselves this season. When maybe a slip dress might have sufficed they would add a wrap or a jacket. I think having Angela and Vincent stay so long in the game really detracted from the overall strength of the other designers - Jeffrey, Laura, Michael, Uli, Kayne, Robert, Allison, and Keith all did some excellent work. Just watching the first episode I remember thinking this was a particularly strong group of designers.

In terms of the final show, as I have already stated earlier, I agree with the comments above. It was nice seeing four excellent designers in the final runway show as opposed to two good ones and one crappy one (season 1) or three strong designers with not-as-exciting shows (I know others may disagree with this gloss on Season's two's runway show, but looking at it against Jay's, Kara Saun's, or the top three from this season, I think it is dullsville).

I just hope they weed out the weaker designers earlier next season. I don't think Allison or even Robert (whom I loved) should have necessarily made it to the top three, but I would have much rather seen what they would have done with some of the later challenges than the stuff Angela and Vincent turned out.

FORT Newbie
    I just hope they weed out the weaker designers earlier next season. I don't think Allison or even Robert (whom I loved) should have necessarily made it to the top three, but I would have much rather seen what they would have done with some of the later challenges than the stuff Angela and Vincent turned out.
    I agree-- Not that they will do this, but I think it would fbe fun to see an all-stars project runway-- taking all of the runner-ups and one or two fan favorites like alison, robert and nick (from season two). Would be fun to see them compete against others from previous seasons.
    Last edited by Brandy; 10-26-2006 at 04:11 AM. Reason: fixed quote box

Quote Originally Posted by sskd1;2116583;
    I agree-- Not that they will do this, but I think it would fbe fun to see an all-stars project runway-- taking all of the runner-ups and one or two fan favorites like alison, robert and nick (from season two). Would be fun to see them compete against others from previous seasons.
    I don't think an all-stars version would suit PR. The whole point is too give a shot to untested designers to find a new voice in fashion. The previous contestants all had the chance and now have the exposure, so what would be the point of putting them through the process again?

Big Brother just showed that an All-Stars version of a show can sometimes be the worst idea ever. There's nothing worse than seeing a reality show full of veterans on the phone with their agents and swapping stories about media exposure. What's "real" about that?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I'd still love a mini-season of ESTABLISHED designers (including Michael Kors) being asked to complete some of the more memorable challenges from previous seasons of Project Runway.

Gautier doing the recycled challenge, Mizrahi in the grocery store or flower shop, Karan doing the ice skating challenge... The mind reels at the possibilities.

pg

PS--Oh, I know they would never actually DO it...the designers wouldn't put themselves into a situation where they would look vulnerable, I know... Just fun to think about...and I'd rather see that than an PR All-Stars season.

PPS--Not that I'd object to previous years contestants trying out for another season--I had no problem with Daniel Franco coming back for PR2...anyone else want to try it again, go for it...you know what you're in for...

I love Ruben and the FORT 702loves205's Avatar
    Wow, I finally got to see the finale of PR3 today, I was so impressed by all of the designers. (I've been in the hospital the last 3 weeks with severe anemia.) Micheal has been my favorite through out the competition however seeing the collections come down the runway I found myself in love with the creations of Uli. Every item in her collection, I would wear... simply beautiful. I especially loved the purple dress. I was in awe of Laura's craftsmanship and intricate details. If she had won , I would not have been disappointed. Jeffery's line flowed with continuity, except for that hideous short blue dress... yuk but I definitely would NOT have picked him to win. I watched open mindedly and objectively, even though taste is personal and subjective, trying not to be biased towards Micheal... and I shocked myself choosing Uli as my winner. I was disappointed in the outcome but what a great, entertaining season this was... kudos to PR3!
    To be a champion, you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will.
    -- Sugar Ray Robinson

I know what it means to fly without wings!!!

FORT Newbie
    "I guess all of you Project Runway fanatics will have to supplement your cravings with episodes of Top Chef and reruns of past PR episodes until Season 4 next year. Does anyone hear an All-Star Top Four Battle Blowout Extravaganza for the fourth season of Project Runway? Wendy against Santino, Kara Saun against Chloe, me against Austin!

It would almost be too much for the public ... or would it be so right it hurts?"

http://www.bravotv.com/blog/danielvs...rty.php?page=4

I guess Daniel V. would also like to see a little All-Star action.....
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 10-28-2006 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Changed color text to black

+ Reply to Thread