+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 10/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by tumblin' dice View Post
    Tim visited this season's designers with a month left - when they came back to NY, the screen caption says "Five days to Runway" or something like that, so they didn't have two weeks left when they got there. Jeff worked non-stop at home, while people like Michael took time off (by his own admission) before getting started. People who are used to working 18 hour days, as Jeff is, can get a lot done. People who aren't used to it are going to have problems getting things done...or getting started at all, in terms of Michael.
    When Tim in terviewing the 4 designers there is message on the screen that says 4 weeks later, (after Heidi told them to go home and create). After Uli's interview there is a shot of New York City and a message on the screen that says 2 weeks later. Then there is a shot of Michael walking looks like through the airport and another message that says 5 days until Runway Show. OK so what happened from 2 weeks later (around 28 or 30 minutes into the show)(which would be 6 weeks after saying goodbye to Heidi) to 5 days before the runway show. What happened to giving the designers 2 months (8 weeks) to complete their collections??? The timeline is off.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 10-12-2006 at 05:38 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    If there is an emmy for cliff-hanger editing, PR should have it.
    I really want to know what happens to Jeffery. This was the first episode where I was rooting for him. Seeing him with his son and talking about how a parent must feel when their child in on drugs and on the street was really touching. His son looks just like him. The preview made it look like Jeff will be out of the running for the prize. If he is guilty, than he deserved it.

I was also surprised that Laura lets her boys run around like that. I guess, from her style and fashion choices I expected her to be uptight with her family. I'm glad I was wrong.

I loved Uli's story. You don't hear too much about East Germany these days and the hard times people had back then. I'm glad she is getting to live her dreams.

I love Michael and his family. I am a bit worried for the one blouse with the shiny, glittery patches.

I think all four will do well, regardless of the results.

PhoneGrrrl:

Quote Originally Posted by 2observe View Post
    Would it be considered cheating if Jeffrey used outfits in his final collection that he completed before he went on the show???
    Yes it would (assuming this wasn't rhetorical). Each got a budget of $8000 plus the same time limit. Bringing in pre-completed pieces would give an unfair advantage in every way.

Hi all...new here...fun place!!!

Can I just say that I Michael's sequined shirt is scaring me...it's just tacky. Not very Michael-ish...

I am worried that Jeffery is out...Tim says "unfortunately" in the sentence when he was talking about the investigation of the outsourcing of the sewing and Jeffery looks positively shattered before he falls into Uli's arms crying...he didn't looked relieved...he looked shattered. I hope not. I love his clothes...hate his attitude...hate how he was so mean to Angela's mom.

And i think he is SOOOO into Angela. He may drop his scary woman with the mohawk and there will be a project runway wedding ala Trista and Ryan of the Bachelorette!!!

no clue who will win...

but did anyone else laugh when Laura was talking about not having the money to have her own clothing line and winning would give her that opportunity...EXCUSE ME? HUGE Loft in Manhattan, Louis Vuitton luggage collection...architect married to a obviously wealthy man...she's got money coming out her ears!!!

MissPriss! Great first post. on Jeffrey being PR's 'bachelor'.

Quote Originally Posted by iced_spice View Post
    Good GRIEF, man, you've got a lot of hate going on there. Even if you think Jeffrey is a jerk, what did his SO ever do to deserve you bagging on her like that? And what in the holy hell gave you the idea that Santino does drugs?

As for the win, though, I'm Team Uli all the way. I love her, I love her work, and I hope she wins!
    Hey, just because I'm not on team Jeffrey doing crying for a big loser doesn't mean I'm not entitled to my opinion. He's a jerk, and a ding bat. His clothes suck, and yes, he probably did cheat. If mr. sleez cheated, let the jerk go.

Dude said he did drugs--can't have it both ways. I hope he loses. I hope that he gets a big lesson on how to treat people. He was the biggest bi**tch on season three. I have no sympathy for people how get their confidence tearing down other people.
    Oh I wish I were an Os-car Mayer Wie - ner
    That is what I'd tru-ly like to be
    'cause if I were an Os-car May-er Wie - ner
    Ev-ery one would be in love with me.

c. Oscar Mayer, 1965.

I can't stand Jeffrey, but looking at his collection up close, some of the detailing is quite wonderful. Whether he cheated or not, Laura had a right to express her concerns. I am sure a lot of his defenders wouldn't be accusing Jeffrey of being underhanded if he were the one making the accusations. That would have been Jeffrey being honest. And Laura was also decent enough to tell him to his face what she thought.

The fashion world is vicious, and this little tempest is nothing. I am sure Jeffrey has been though worse, although he, as many bullies do, is very quick to get his feelings hurt, never mind those of others. Nevertheless, his collection looks great, and it is truly suspicious that he has nothing left to do. Chloe might have finished quickly, but when she came to New York in season two, she had a ton of work to do. She nearly got derailed (and so did Santino) by that thirteenth outfit.

I have a strong feeling Jeffrey gets cleared, but I wonder if his chances of winning are going to be ruined. Even if he has the best collection, the fact that there is a possibility he might have cheated could give the producers pause. If later on it comes out he did cheat (and if it happened, it will come out) the credibility of the show could be hurt.

Now for everybody who makes excuses for Jeffrey look at Malan. What his mother did to him is unforgivable, but he seems to still be quite a nice person. And being creative and talented is no excuse for being a horrible person. He is not Picasso (and God, was he rotten to the core).

Quote Originally Posted by MissPriss View Post
    Hi all...new here...fun place!!!

Can I just say that I Michael's sequined shirt is scaring me...it's just tacky. Not very Michael-ish...
    Hey it scared me too...What was he thinking? Oh, and Welcome to the Fort.

I am worried that Jeffery is out...Tim says "unfortunately" in the sentence when he was talking about the investigation of the outsourcing of the sewing and Jeffery looks positively shattered before he falls into Uli's arms crying...he didn't looked relieved...he looked shattered. I hope not. I love his clothes...hate his attitude...hate how he was so mean to Angela's mom.
    This one has me worried too. But, I think if they had done that he and Laura wouldn't still be friendly.

Personally, I can see why Jeffey is probably much more productive that the other three. They all work at home and are subject to distractions, especially Laura. Trust me on this. When I do artwork at home it takes much longer than if I'm working in a studio away from home. I can go for hours in a studio but at home I can help but get distracted...like going on the internet for instance....

And i think he is SOOOO into Angela. He may drop his scary woman with the mohawk and there will be a project runway wedding ala Trista and Ryan of the Bachelorette!!!
    Oh yes, please. Can you imagine what Angela's mother would think about this? I would love to see Angela bringing her the news.

"Unfortunately...we have no way of establishing his guilt or innocence in this matter. The producers and I feel that he should stay for this reason. The whole subject has made me a little...verklempt." -- Tim Gunn

My best guess for Tim's sentence. Anyone else want to try? (we should start a contest here)
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Charmed n' Dangerous tumblin' dice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Runway victim View Post
    After watching the repeat today- Jeff does admit he sent some items out for finishing. But I do believe he worked his ass off to complete the majority of his collection himself. even if he did act kinda squirrely when confronted.

Remember they had such tight time constraints during challenges- (not just 1 day or 2 days but specific set hours they could work- being told to quit working at midnight & not return till next morning).
    Also, I for one work much better alone- can you imagine how difficult it was to work with all the drama going on between the designer's, the camera crew, Tim coming in and interviewing everyone, etc.

So I believe Jeff worked many late nights and was focused on his garments. I also believe he had a little more help then he his admitting to -ala Kara Saun & the shoes. Most likely not including the sewing charges in his receipts. But since it is so difficult to prove- he won't be booted.
    In the first season, Jay sent things out to be done by other people, too - I think it was the crocheting/knitting on one of his sweaters. I believe it's permissible to hire outside work, but there are limits on what and how much.
    The thieves get rich, the saints get shot-
    And god don't answer prayers a lot.

-Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

+ Reply to Thread