+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PR Finalists Appearing on "The View"

Charmed n' Dangerous tumblin' dice's Avatar

PR Finalists Appearing on "The View"

On Friday, October 6th, The View has this on their schedule:
    "four finalists from Project Runway showcase their designs."

It's on at 11:00 a.m. here (Eastern) but check your local listings to be sure.

FORT Newbie
    I have cheated and taken a sneak peak at the up coming designs that already appeared in Olympus Fashion Week. I hope Michael wins...anyway I am a huge fan of Project Runway & AMericas Next TOp Model...

(btw Jeffrey shoulda been Auf'd 2 shows ago with that Hooker outfit he made- if he wins there is no justice in this world)
    Last edited by John; 09-30-2006 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FASHIONjunkie View Post
    I have cheated and taken a sneak peak at the up coming designs that already appeared in Olympus Fashion Week. I hope Michael wins...anyway I am a huge fan of Project Runway & AMericas Next TOp Model...

(btw Jeffrey shoulda been Auf'd 2 shows ago with that Hooker outfit he made- if he wins there is no justice in this world)
    If you want to see some "Hooker outfits" - check out Michael's collection. Between the camel toes and the exposed nipple, he's got hooker all sewn up.

Pun intended. :-)

Thanks for the heads-up re: The View episode. Will make sure TiVo's aware of that

I'll definitely tape that! Thanks for the heads up.

Such a quick segment on The View-was nice to see Michael with Nazri again.

Can anyone provide a brief recap?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Can anyone provide a brief recap?
    I'll give it a shot - Keep in mind that I'm paraphrasing, not transcribing, please. :-)

Michael Kors appeared, and said a few inconsequential things - then they brought on Michael - Nazri was with him, wearing the Pam Grier outfit. Kors commented on how well the hot pants were made and said Michael captured the essence of Grier without making it "costume-y."

Next out was Laura, who said (after being asked) that she was due in November. Someone asked how she was going to handle having six children, and Laura said, "I have a system in place...." (I'm assuming that means a regiment of nannies.) Laura's model was wearing her black/white challenge dress. Elisabeth Hasselbeck (The View) asked Laura about her allegations that Jeffrey had cheated. Laura demurred, saying that "We were encouraged to voice our concerns and opinions..." Basically, she made it sound like it was no big deal. When asked how she got along with Jeffrey now, Laura said she had no problem with him -- but she couldn't speak for how Jeffrey felt about her. Kors said very little about Laura's dress - I don't think he got a chance to speak, actually.

Bring on the Big Jeff - who looked as if the folks in make-up had spent some time fading out the tat on his neck. He's got a new haircut, shaved close on the sides and longer on top. He brought out Marilinda in the couture dress. Kors said that it was romantic and edgy, which is difficult to do. Hasselbeck wasted no time asking Jeffrey about Laura's allegations, and wanted to know how he felt about her. Jeff replied, "I love Laura... we spent the other night over at her place watching the reunion show." So much for Bravo's attempt to up their ratings, once again, with a "scandal." pffffft. Typical!

Next up - Uli, and the dress she won for the Elle challenge. She talked about being from Miami - aGAIn - and Hasselbeck said that Uli was her favorite to win because of the way the clothes moved on a woman's body.

That was about it. If anyone else saw it, feel free to add what I missed.
    The thieves get rich, the saints get shot-
    And god don't answer prayers a lot.

-Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

Thanks! Sounds like they all have their routines down for talk shows by now...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Just a few things I noticed that may not have been mentioned above:

Kors was there too, and the PR final four took turns bringing a model out onto a round stage, with Michael Kors and the View cast in judges' chairs.

Michael (Knight) said (I'm watching the show right now) that he planned to spend his $10,000 viewer favorite check on a new watch. (Like Kors did "with his first chunk o' change") Michael said "I wanna be like him when I grow up". Nazri modeled his Pam Grier outfit.

Laura was only asked about her due date and about the Jeffrey/sewing question (and not wearing jeans in real life, but 'equestrian clothes' to relax in). Her model was not Camille, but a white girl with long straight brown hair. I didn't recognise the model. The dress was the white/black challenge.

Jeffrey said he had only two days to make couture and he isn't sure what to say about that. He was inspired by being in Paris during a summer heat wave. Kors said he liked the gown as it wasn't stodgy. Kors said Jeffrey has a strong point of view and real talent. Jeffrey said Laura thinks jeans are low brow but (and?) he loves her. Marilinda was modeling his yellow 'couture gown'.

Kors said at the end of the day the garment is all that matters.

Uli wore a V neck black cocktail-ish dress (a la Laura!) and another model I don't recognise, modeled Uli's blue 'editorial challenge' dress. Kors said he can picture that dress on many women and it's sexy and comfortable at the same time.

That's about it.
    Last edited by Brandy; 10-07-2006 at 11:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast