+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Did One of the Finalists Cheat? ** SPOILERS **

Charmed n' Dangerous tumblin' dice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AKat View Post
    I don't understand the rationale behind saying he wouldn't get invited on The View if he had cheated. I scarcely watch that show, but I can't imagine them having any problems with cheats. In any case, the PR episode where cheating did or didn't happen hasn't even been aired, so how would the View know who did or didn't cheat?

It's hard to say anything at all about what his son will or won't learn about cheating since we don't know what happens. I'm sure his son will learn a lot of things from watching his father on dvds in future on how not to treat to people, especially women.

I think Jeffrey is total jerk and I look forward to not having to see or hear anything of him in the future.

I'm sure he'll learn a lot by watching how his father treats his mother - which, from what we can tell by his phone conversation with her and by her website (she calls herself the luckiest girl in the world) - he treats her like gold. If he grows up and treats a woman as his father treats his mother - and most little boys do - then he'll have a grateful partner, indeed.

Little Harrison will learn far more from that than from the machinations of a freaking reality tv show that edits, edits, edits until it has JUST the right combination to make people believe it's "really real." C'mon - who here isn't smarter than that?

Moi
    Quote Originally Posted by tumblin' dice View Post
    I'm sure he'll learn a lot by watching how his father treats his mother - which, from what we can tell by his phone conversation with her and by her website (she calls herself the luckiest girl in the world) - he treats her like gold. If he grows up and treats a woman as his father treats his mother - and most little boys do - then he'll have a grateful partner, indeed.

Little Harrison will learn far more from that than from the machinations of a freaking reality tv show that edits, edits, edits until it has JUST the right combination to make people believe it's "really real." C'mon - who here isn't smarter than that?

I think it's a well-established fact that a reality show -- any reality show -- can only make you look really nasty if you are really nasty.

Nobody on the show made Jeffrey stick his head in the early conversation with Vincent to use the abominable term, "feminazi". Nobody made Jeffrey said any of the nasty things he said or do any of the nasty things he did. He did that all by himself. And I think he did it deliberately.

Go back and check Tim's blogs and podcasts from the end of last season. He states quite clearly that when Danny V., Chloe, and Santino came back for Fashion Week, Santino was very subdued and wasn't indulging in his usual obnoxiousness. The producers, according to Tim, went into panic mode. They thought that three designers acting like adults would immediately induce boredom in the audience who would then quit watching the show. That's when the producers (again, according to Tim) came up with that 13th design idea. They had to induce stress to make the designers "act up".

People who read that and who watch the show aren't stupid -- myself included in spite of your assertion. They know that there is going to be a Santino candidate who is in to the finals. It doesn't matter if that person has any talent at all. They will keep him/her in just for the "drama" the producers think they provide.

I don't think Jeffrey is stupid. He must have figured that out as easily as everybody else has. And if he didn't, I'm sure his good friend Santino clued him in.

But whether Jeffrey is really the way he portrayed himself on the show, not the way the producers portrayed him, but how he did it all by himself, he came off as a total jerk and really exceeded the boundaries in how he treated Angela's mother. That was abominal.

In any case, I don't care. Jeffrey's behavior and the producers' sanctioning of it made me totally uninterested in this show. I'm going to London this Thursday and then on to Paris. I'm not going to watch the show again and I even learn who wins this season, it will only be by accident.

I'm sure Jeffrey will get exactly what he deserves. Note that Santino was the first one out of the finalists. He had served his purpose. He had a brief flare of publicity and then sank into oblivion. I predict exactly the same fate for Jeffrey.

Au revoir.

Last edited by hepcat; 10-02-2006 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Removed comment about another poster.
    Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Have fun in Paris. Look up Catherine Malandrino while you're there - she can explain why she LOVES Jeffrey so much, and gave him two wins. :-)

FORT Regular
    I think it's a well-established fact that a reality show -- any reality show -- can only make you look really nasty if you are really nasty.
    Then I guess all of the contestants on PR are nasty people. The only exception being Michael. Everyone on the show said "nasty" things about everyone else and the producers of the show edit and rearrange the comments to fit the storyline.

This whole "cheating" scandal will turn out to be a bunch of BS and Jeffrey will be cleared and certain people will automatically call it a conspiracy and rant about how they know Jeffrey is really guilty of cheating but the producers covered it up.

Just a reminder folks to keep the comments to the contestants, not other FORT posters. This is our policy, and it includes generalizations about so-and-so's fans, etc. You don't have to agree with everyone, but you do have to respect their opinion.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post

I'd really like to see what the designers would do with more time on a challenge. The challenge times get shorter & shorter. There's only so much you can make in that amount of time. I'd like to see real skill given a chance, with at least one longer challenge (maybe even a week?) mid-show.
    I completely agree. I know why they keep shortening the time - it creates tension and drama. But they're missing the point. This is one of the few reality shows that not just anyone can apply to be on. These people are talented, and we watch the show to see just that. Before this show I had no idea what their world was like and now I do. I want to see what these people are truly capable of, not just what they can throw together with a box full of recyclables and 20 minutes. This is not "While you were out", and not every show needs to be of the "oh no! We might not finish in time!" variety.

I also don't understand those who don't think Jeffrey would be booked for the View if he was kicked off. Nobody knows about it, and nobody will know about it until the show airs. If you want something kept a secret to the masses I'm sure the last person you would tell would be Rosie O'Donnell.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
    I also don't understand those who don't think Jeffrey would be booked for the View if he was kicked off. Nobody knows about it, and nobody will know about it until the show airs. If you want something kept a secret to the masses I'm sure the last person you would tell would be Rosie O'Donnell.
    lol - You DO have a point about Rosie! What hasn't she said in her blog?
    The thieves get rich, the saints get shot-
    And god don't answer prayers a lot.

-Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

Did Jeffrey do his exit interview this morning, or was he defending allegations?

Jeffrey appeared on the Today show this morning; typically, auffed contestants appear there after they've been eliminated. Was this his swan song, or was he merely replying to allegations?

I'm dying to find out. Work sure does interfere with my "real" life. lol

Anyone see it?
    The thieves get rich, the saints get shot-
    And god don't answer prayers a lot.

-Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

if i understand correctly. jeffrey is being accused of not sewing his own garments? i thought that was allowed if you paid for it with the expenses you were given, Jay did that with his line, the blue quilted sweater thingy with big collar lol...isnt that right?

FORT Regular
    tumblin dice, all four of the finalists appeared on the Today show this morning. They were decorating blue jean pockets for some charity auction. The host brought up the "cheating" allegations and Jeffrey just said that we would all find out what happened in the next few weeks. He was smiling when he said it and he was wearing a tie.

Laura talked about being pregnant again, Michael talked about how he tried out for season 2 and didn't make it and Uli talked about her how her signature is print dresses.

Kinmoku Princess, you are correct. The designers are allowed outside help if they pay for it.
    Last edited by Surly; 10-04-2006 at 01:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast