+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Fashion Week **Possible Spoilers**

Michael's not out. There's no way. He's the judges' choice for various reasons and is extremely popular with the audience. Uli is out. Her hippy dresses and prints are well done but she's too bland, personality wise. Jeffrey is in for sheer drama and Laura's collection is my favorite.

Order of collections from best to worst:

1. Laura

2. Uli

3. Michael

4. Jeffrey

If Malan were included, his collection would be 1 or 2 with Laura.

However, I have a feeling Michael wins...
    Last edited by Pookipichu; 09-15-2006 at 06:54 PM.

Touch my bunny, stroke my cow.

Quote Originally Posted by APwatchesTV View Post
    Marilinda was in Jeffrey's show but Lindsay wasn't in Uli's show.
    Is it possible that somehow the models were switched around, and then had to stick with that person for Fashion Week? Still - since all the designers have had a few models from PR in their show in the past... it doesn't add up.

Michael and Nazri just seem to go together. I wonder what happened? Does the 'loser' (fourth place) not get to choose models? Is that what the theory is? But it's hard to imagine Michael making a huge enough mistake not to make the final three (or two).

Quote Originally Posted by SophieMae View Post
    The really short baby doll dresses are being shown a lot in a lot of other designers' shows (not just Project Runway's) Was checking out the Olympus Fashion WeeK site. Couldn't believe how many there were!
    When I saw all the Baby-doll dresses I just flashed on early 90s Courtney Love- of course I was working for Urban Outfitters at that time so i saw Lots of them LOL
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Moi
    Maybe Uli wins the final challenge and the prize is the choice of models she wants for her show.

After seeing Michael's collection I can see what he means by "Kayne & I like to dress women in similar styles".
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

My reaction seeing the photos of Michael's Fashion Week collection, was that he had somehow turned into Uli!

There is a major major possible spoiler in this article regarding the final four... don't read it if you don't want spoilers!

http://thedailytransom.observer.com/...-thoughts.html

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    There is a major major possible spoiler in this article regarding the final four... don't read it if you don't want spoilers!

http://thedailytransom.observer.com/...-thoughts.html
    If true... Oooooooooooooooooooh! Nooooooooooooooooooooo! WTF?

Moi
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    If true... Oooooooooooooooooooh! Nooooooooooooooooooooo! WTF?
    *NO SPOILERS IN THIS POST*

I have some problems with who they say wins/doesn't win. Last year, the winner decision wasn't made until much later in the day the show was held. Tim said they went to Banana Republic because Parsons was in term then, went over the runway show with all the contestants, then spent hours and hours discussing it among themselves. It wasn't until long after the runway that any decisions were made as to who was the winner and who was out in what order.

I'm writing this around 7:00pm eastern time and it's quite possible that they haven't even made up their minds yet. So how would the people who wrote that article know who is in and who is out? I think they are basing on their own reactions to the collections.

If we, e.g., those of us who live for leaks , hear something in the next day or so, it's conceivably legitimate, but I'm a bit dubious about getting definitive info right now.

Also, I think they may be basing their predictions on various discussions we have already had here that do not lead to definitive conclusions.

Thanks for the link!

AKat... from your keyboard to god's ears! That said, between the model lineup and the strength of the other collections, it could be anyone's to win.

Charmed n' Dangerous tumblin' dice's Avatar
    I am really impressed with Jeffrey. He can do elegant, he can do edgy. He's thinking far ahead of the rest of them. They've all made beautiful clothes for the runway, all four of them. Jeff's is the only collection that makes one pause and look again. That's what fashion is all about - something new, something different, something nobody's done before.

If that weren't the case, we'd all still be wearing disco, you know? So Jeff's clothes are unconventional - they're still beautiful. Beauty + unconventionality IS fashion.

+ Reply to Thread