+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: 09/06 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by SophieMae View Post
    I have realized very quickly how much I don't know about fashion! The threads (no pun intended . . . well maybe...) this time about season 3 have proven to be quite educational ! ! ! I can't think of another time I have been "googling" so much in order to find out what people are talking about, to refresh my memory or to just find out more info!

My search this time was to find info about Olympus fashion Week!!! Great fun at their official site! I then ended up at Style.com. in order to check out some of the runway shows. Alas, alas I found info on "couture" and specific runway shows. It completely changed how I looked at what the designers did on Project Runway! It really looks like Kayne and (Oh, how I hate to say this!!!!) Jeffery may have hit it the closest ! ! ! ! ! ! Yee Gads! Chanel even show thingies like Andrea's sewn on some of the clothes! Even Vincent was closer than Uli! Uli's dress ,although very beautiful, was probably the least "couture" looking. (I am just going on looks here. Vincent really blew it with construction!)

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/co...ows/index.html

Whoa, thanks for the link SophieMae! After seeing some of those runway shows (especially Dior's - wow!) it's hard to believe that Kayne's (which I agreed was a little over-the-top although I kind of liked it) was called "costume-y." Although I agreed w/ the judges for the most part this week and loved Jeffrey's and hated Vincent's, it's nice to see what some major designers have been doing.

Quote Originally Posted by mschulz View Post

At least vincent is gone.. his "auf"ing got me off!
    LOL that is effin funny!
    Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back. -Babe Ruth
    I know right from wrong... wrong is the fun one

FORT Regular
    Thanks for the welcome dogbat.

Serial killer killer Winston Smith's Avatar
    I have to post a little thank you note to Brandy and Runway victim for their semi-controversial fashion history discussion. Even if it wasn't completely on topic, it was, at the very least, informative.

If this sort of thing is off-topic, maybe FoRTV could create a specialized thread where people can talk about the origins of certain fashion trends so we can debate the validity of the judges pronouncements -- especially when they fault a designer for creating something that looks "old."

Because one thing this discussion proved is that the Fat Vegas Elvis look is at least as old and stale as the Junkie Punk Rocker look that the judges seem to love too much.

Jeffrey's idea of a rock star seems to be based on a look that was popularized by a guy who's been dead for 27 years. That means this look is only two years deader than Elvis.
    Last edited by Winston Smith; 09-12-2006 at 03:56 AM.

Serial killer killer Winston Smith's Avatar
    Jeffrey's idea of a rock star seems to be based on a look that was popularized by a guy who's been dead for 27 years. That means this look is only two years deader than Elvis.
    EDIT: Oops. I botched the RIP dates. I meant to say Kayne's Elvis look is only two years deader than Jeffrey's junkie punk look.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    If this sort of thing is off-topic, maybe FoRTV could create a specialized thread where people can talk about the origins of certain fashion trends so we can debate the validity of the judges pronouncements -- especially when they fault a designer for creating something that looks "old."

Funny you mention that....

I was watching a film from 1934 on TCM entitled Paris Interlude(this morning at 6:15 am PT) ...

What does this have to do with PR? Laura's dress...

Yep, a lady was wearing a dress similar to Laura's design in 1934. I think that pre-dates Nina's YSL comment....
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
    Herm Albright
    (1876 - 1944)

FORT Newbie
    How gross was it for the regular models to rewear what Paris models had been wearing all day in really hot weather the day before.

+ Reply to Thread