+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Secret View Post
    Tonight was a perfect example. They said Robert listened TOO much to his client and he should have 'known better' and vetoed what she asked for so he could display how NOT boring he can be. WTFever, Nina.
    That's the same reason that Nina's pal Anne Slowey gave when Nora got the boot in S1 for her rose-colored wedding gown: she allowed herself to be led by the client.

But they already had it in for Robert, since he earned the "boring" label over the past few weeks. Frankly I'm not shocked that he's gone, I never saw anything from him that lived up to his Isaac Mizrahi hype.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Closet Fan View Post
    Jeffrey is such a prick, he absolutely deserves what he gets. He was so out of line and unfair with that poor woman, he was ruder than I think Santino could ever have been, and that's a pretty low standard of behavior.
    Considering that Santino seems to pretty much worship his mother, I can't see him treating someone else's mother badly. Jeffrey needs to get the boot. NOW. Angela's mother should get to watch!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Considering that Santino seems to pretty much worship his mother, I can't see him treating someone else's mother badly. Jeffrey needs to get the boot. NOW. Angela's mother should get to watch!
    Even Jay and Kara ended up being charmed by Wendy's mom during Fashion Week (well Jay was because she smoked but still).

You just don't mess with a mom.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rum View Post
    Of course Jeffrey isn't out. They need him to stick around to fight with Angela, and they need Vincent to continue to make a deranged spectacle of himself. I am amazed at the number of sucky designers still here at this point in the competition. Angela, Jeffrey, and Vincent...all 3 of them should have been gone long ago. I'd much rather see what Malan, Alison and even Keith (had he not shot himself in the foot) could be creating right now.

The overall judging this season has been awful.
    I thought being part of the dynamically funny duo should save him, well, that and the fact that his design wasn't one of the two worst, but I guess not. Yeah, and the promo shows, we can expect more Jeffrey v. Angela verbal combat, more fallout from the mom dissing fiasco, I guess I should have forseen that one. Ick.

Know the saying, are you a fool or a knave? At first I thought the judges were fools, then I realized they were knaves. Now I'm convinced they're both. If they think turning the show into a laughingstock, a public joke, is going to promote the show's longtime interests or theirs, they're mistaken. People might watch this season to finish it out, see the trainwrecks in the making, for the pleasure of seeing Jeffrey and Angela get eliminated, but will they watch next season?

You know Robert got the boot because he's not a wacky crazy character
    True, true. He was just a nice, funny guy. This show lost most of its pretense of honesty first season, lost most of the rest of it last season, and is just becoming a mockery of itself this season.

What I found interesting was that most of the designers were at a loss when it came to designing for women over size 10. I agreed with Vincent's comment that these women are the ones that buy their garments.

Jeff's tattoo on his neck should be changed to "squeeze here". I thought it was pathetic when he wept to his mother " some of them aren't good people" Take a good look in the mirror loser.........
    Last edited by Fashion_Nazi; 08-24-2006 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Apparently, you bought into the Santino propaganda/pathological lie machine, and didn't hear the REAL backstory. Santino worshipped his mom so much he hadn't spoken to or seen her in two years, she didn't even know he was on the show until friends told her when they saw him on TV. She came to Fashion Week all on her own, wasn't invited, was presumably hoping to see or speak to her son for the first time in several years.

The real dope was mentioned by one of the other designers in one of the NY papers, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Closet Fan View Post
    This show lost most of its pretense of honesty first season, lost most of the rest of it last season, and is just becoming a mockery of itself this season.
    I have to disagree...I think Season 1's problem was a bad order of challenges (starting off with a food challenge? Nobody had a clue what to do) plus they were generally shaking the bugs out of the format; and in Season 2 the judges kept rewarding potential too much instead of the garments in front of them, otherwise Santino might have been gone during the Makeover challenge, or even with Nick for that hideous witch outfit for the Banana Republic challenge.

But this season, yes, there are too many decisions that just don't mesh with what they're letting us see on the show. Something's up this year, when supposedly this is "the best group yet"...
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 08-24-2006 at 12:51 AM.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jake8203 View Post
    The old battle ax doesn't like the color which is a dark blue yet she herself chose dark purple and dark green.
    That's her right, and if you're designing something for someone and they want a slightly lighter or darker color you aren't suppose to get angry with them.

She doesn't bother to tell the designer re: the color but is more than ready to whine to Tim about it.
    She didn't really tell Tim she didn't care for the design until Tim asked her if she liked it or not. I really doubt Jeffrey asked her if she liked it considering he doesn't really seem to think anyone could possibly dislike his designs.

She is hostile and when she does get out on the runway, she looks like a mad cow.
    Did you expect any different after how Jeffrey treated her?

Plus we hear her and Angela plotting behind the screen about her telling the judges she hates the dress.
    She told her mom to be honest and not to hold back. There's nothing wrong with that. She didn't coach her on anything considering her mom already pretty much said she didn't like what he was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by AKat View Post
    I think we can count on Vincent and Jeffrey to be in the final three -- just because they have totally obnoxious personalities and can be counted on to cause immense amount of trouble which is what the incredibly stupid producers think we want.
    Hey, producers -- try this -- take a vote, an impartial vote of anybody who choses to participate of what that want on this show: 1. genuine talent and nice people or 2: no talent and completely obnoxious people. Bet you anything that 1 would win. You are too stupid to realize it though.

If anything was [FA edit] it was Jeffrey's design - not to mention his attitude! Clearly he does not have what it takes to work with clients. If they were not trying to keep conflict in the show, there is no way he would have stayed after this challenge. The dress looked like ill-fitting crap, and the way he treated Angela's mother was unconscionable. I was glad they told us about his drug and alcohol problems, as that gave some sort of explanation for why his personality is so defective, but it is hard to see someone mistreated so badly and to see that the abuser had absolutely no clue that he had done anything wrong. He needs to go to AA meetings, and NA meetings, and work with a couple of sponsors, and do many years of intensive therapy. Then maybe when he sees how twisted his reactions are, he can make amends to Angela and her mom.

I have not commented on this show very often, so I'll just say here that I like Laura more and more each week. And we really liked the pageant guy this week because he was the only one who seemed not to be "body size prejudiced." I noticed that before he chose a "model," they all picked the relatively slimmer women
    In general we prefer it when the contestants are nice, deserving people like that young blonde girl who I think got sent home last week? Not crazy, obnoxious, no-talent jerks. Producers, take note!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    ITA...but it does explain a lot of his comments... very mean and destructive... how in the world does he expect to be in a business were he has to be nice to people if he wants to sell his clothes.

I did find it funny that the only 2 designers that never even concieved of designing for plus size woman, Robert and Jeffrey, ended up in the bottom 2. They couldn't even get past their prejudices of body size to embrace the challenge. One failed in not listening to his client, the other failed to be true his design vision. Robert, at least is not the hateful being that Jeffrey is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Where we watching the same show. Angela's mom is alot more passive and unasumming than Angela, they are nothing alike that was pretty obvious. What she said is she never has worn blue and Jeffrey didn't listen to her and was hostile to her and basically dissed her very rudely. After learning that he is an alcoholic that explained alot about his behaviour, but real life is not an AA meeting and he needs to work on his people skills in a big way. Angela and her mom were not plotting, she just gave her advice on what to say. Also to say anything would look [FA edit] on her is way out of line. Angela's mom is not that big, obviously traditional and wants to appear modest there are lots of thing she could have worn and not look like a "shmata". The blue collar didn't even look as if it fit right. The only reason Jeffrey is still here is that he is not "boring" and Robert is.
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 08-24-2006 at 01:28 AM.

I know it is not American Idol, but....

I wish we could vote---wait we can with our remotes. Personally, I don't care if I watch the show again. Has the judging always been this bad?

The intelligence of the public should not be under-estimated...Bravo and the producers would be wise to take that to heart.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
    Herm Albright
    (1876 - 1944)

+ Reply to Thread