+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Laura's looked very sloppy and ill fitted.

Moi
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Jeffrey was listening to Angela's mother. Blue is part of green and purple. He stayed in the same family of colors. If Angela's mom hadn't worked it on the runway, I'd be writing unflattering things about her right now. Jeffrey made her look slimmer.

You people better show some skin. The judges think your outfits are matronly if you don't show skin. Skin! Skin! Skin! Hope you are listening whoever you final 3 are.

Robert was one of the best ones. Jackie O would have loved his outfit last week. She did wear cotton and weekend wear. Bad judges! We love you Robert.
    Sorry, but pale blue doesn't even begin to be part of DARK purple and DARK green that she specified. Jeffrey simply is impervious to dark green and in the entire Mood store (how many floors is that?) could find ANY dark green. The problem clearly, no let me make that VERY clearly lies with Jeffrey. I have reddish blonde hair and love dark green. I can find dark green in every store I go to -- even Walmart and Kmart. If Jeffrey can't find it, he is either colorblind or so determined to do what HE wants to that he can't see it.

The judges are totally stupid.

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

As a plus size women, if I had to choose between Robert's and Jeffery's outfit, I'd choose Robert's. Jeffery's just looked bad, didn't fit and did absolutly nothing for Angela's mom's figure.

I'm soooooooo sad that Robert is out!

I wish the judges would get their act together and quit judging for ratings.

Moi
    I think we can count on Vincent and Jeffrey to be in the final three -- just because they have totally obnoxious personalities and can be counted on to cause immense amount of trouble which is what the incredibly stupid producers think we want.

Hey, producers -- try this -- take a vote, an impartial vote of anybody who choses to participate of what that want on this show: 1. genuine talent and nice people or 2: no talent and completely obnoxious people. Bet you anything that 1 would win. You are too stupid to realize it though.

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Quote Originally Posted by Jake8203 View Post
    What were you watching. We now know where Angela learned to be a bitch don't we? Let's see. The old battle ax doesn't like the color which is a dark blue yet she herself chose dark purple and dark green. She doesn't bother to tell the designer re: the color but is more than ready to whine to Tim about it. She is hostile and when she does get out on the runway, she looks like a mad cow. Plus we hear her and Angela plotting behind the screen about her telling the judges she hates the dress. Hell anything would look [FA Edit] on her. Jeffrey looks like he was set up by Angela and her Mater. I'm just glad he made it thru this week, But Angela should have gone not Robert.
    Where we watching the same show. Angela's mom is alot more passive and unasumming than Angela, they are nothing alike that was pretty obvious. What she said is she never has worn blue and Jeffrey didn't listen to her and was hostile to her and basically dissed her very rudely. After learning that he is an alcoholic that explained alot about his behaviour, but real life is not an AA meeting and he needs to work on his people skills in a big way. Angela and her mom were not plotting, she just gave her advice on what to say. Also to say anything would look [FA edit] on her is way out of line. Angela's mom is not that big, obviously traditional and wants to appear modest there are lots of thing she could have worn and not look like a "shmata". The blue collar didn't even look as if it fit right. The only reason Jeffrey is still here is that he is not "boring" and Robert is.
    Last edited by PhoneGrrrl; 08-24-2006 at 03:12 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

But you also need to realize drama = ratings. Ratings = money.

1. I hated this challenge. I think it was unfair to ask some of the designers to design for plus size women, while other designers got the more model-type clients they were used to (like Robert's sister). Either everyone should have had plus size or no one, IMHO. I think that age-wise, it was a reasonably level playing field (though not perfect).

2. I think Jeffrey was "in" because his clothing reflected some of his weird style, whereas Robert just doesn't seem to have a unique style. That's something the judges constantly talk about--the designers showing a point of view through their designs. Robert doesn't seem to have a signature point of view, a vision. Kiss of death on this show.

3. I wasn't crazy about Vincent's dress; I think it was the stiff fabric. The fit didn't look quite right to me.

4. IMHO, Ulli was robbed, and I believe she didn't win because her model was a PLUS size. If Vincent had had a pretty hefty model, I think the playing field would have been a lot more level. As it is, I think the judges showed their prejudice loud and clear: You can make nice clothes for a plus size woman, but would you ever really let a plus size anything win?

JMO, of course.

FORT Newbie
    I know one thing. . . . . This show isn't as predictable as I thought it would be! Every week I am totally surprised with eliminations! Even though I wasn't wow'd by what Robert created, I was surprised to see him leave. Same with Allison ( I actually liked her design last week), Malan, and Katherine. As long as Micheal is there. . . . .I will continue to watch the show!!!!! Love ya Micheal!

Rum
    FORT Newbie
    I, for one, think it is insane that Jeffrey completely flipped out just because she said she didn't like the color lol...and it's not like she even approached Tim about it, he asked her!

But that's okay; Jeffrey can continue to be a complete [FA edit], disrespectful, sexist, argumentative, and hateful all he wants....because NO employer wants to work with THAT. He is only hurting himself. He may still get a few job offers but I'm willing to bet he won't get near as much work as the more pleasant designers.
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 08-24-2006 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyanninc View Post
    i was not surprised to hear jeffrey is an alcoholic in recovery. this is a disease that does not stop when the alcoholic stops drinking. people in recovery go to meetings regularly and need constant interaction with the program to stay on track.
    alcoholics that are separated from spirituality behave the way jeffrey is behaving-reactionary, destructive, and selfish- i hope he pulls it together burns a candle and reconnects with his higher power- i don't like watching that kind of thing on one of the only reality shows that doesn't cross the line in poor taste-
    ITA...but it does explain a lot of his comments... very mean and destructive... how in the world does he expect to be in a business were he has to be nice to people if he wants to sell his clothes.

I did find it funny that the only 2 designers that never even concieved of designing for plus size woman, Robert and Jeffrey, ended up in the bottom 2. They couldn't even get past their prejudices of body size to embrace the challenge. One failed in not listening to his client, the other failed to be true his design vision. Robert, at least is not the hateful being that Jeffrey is.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread