+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Moi
    Okay, obviously the new rule here is:

Talent doesn't matter. The more obnoxious your personality, the longer you last on this show.

I find that disgusting.

These judges are idiots.

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Quote Originally Posted by AKat View Post
    Okay, obviously the new rule here is:

Talent doesn't matter. The more obnoxious your personality, the longer you last on this show.

I find that disgusting.

These judges are idiots.

I cannot believe the piece of crap jeffrey `designed' for Angelas mother was considered better than Roberts. What's worset he judges kept saying part of the problem with Jeffrey's outfit was miscommunication and indesisiveness on the part of his client- as if Angelas mom was partly to blame for the disaster she was wearing. For them to blatantly ignore his atrocious behavior is inexcusable. Keeping him for entertainment purposes rather than talent.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26 View Post
    Wha???? Vince wins a challenge? Well at least he showed he can design.
    This was pretty much the only kind of challenge he could have won. Design a basic, mediocre dress for a middle age range woman to make her look middle aged. They didn't seem concerned about making her look younger, more youthful, the way they were so worried about Michael's mother. But then, we all know what a sham this competition is. Uli should have won this competition, even though she's delusional if she thinks patterns look better on bigger women.

As for the judges, clearly, clearly (and I speak from personal experience as a more than plus size woman) do not have a clue what a larger size woman is going to want to wear. Excuse me, we have flabby upper arms, we don't want shorter sleeves. Some of us don't care to show off our overly ample bosoms, especially because when we lean over, there's a lot to be seen, and gravity doesn't help. Of course, I really don't think many, if any, of the designers had a clue either, except perhaps Kayne, who because he's been big, knows there's nothing that really does look good on big people, just a whole lot of stuff that looks BAD.

"Oh my god, I can't believe it"-Kaiser Chiefs

I started watching the show because I wanted to see talented designers. I don't want to see a bunch of wannabes who took too big of a bite out of the "crazy sandwich".

The producers need to get a f'ing clue....and I got one at the end of my boot.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
    Herm Albright
    (1876 - 1944)

Jeffrey was listening to Angela's mother. Blue is part of green and purple. He stayed in the same family of colors. If Angela's mom hadn't worked it on the runway, I'd be writing unflattering things about her right now. Jeffrey made her look slimmer.

You people better show some skin. The judges think your outfits are matronly if you don't show skin. Skin! Skin! Skin! Hope you are listening whoever you final 3 are.

Robert was one of the best ones. Jackie O would have loved his outfit last week. She did wear cotton and weekend wear. Bad judges! We love you Robert.

Vincent's outfit reminds me of the Motorola logo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rum View Post
    Of course Jeffrey isn't out. They need him to stick around to fight with Angela, and they need Vincent to continue to make a deranged spectacle of himself. I am amazed at the number of sucky designers still here at this point in the competition. Angela, Jeffrey, and Vincent...all 3 of them should have been gone long ago. I'd much rather see what Malan, Alison and even Keith (had he not shot himself in the foot) could be creating right now.

The overall judging this season has been awful.
    The judging really has been absolutely terrible this season. Totally inconsistent and apparently not based on the design that hits the runway from week to week.

Tonight was a perfect example. They said Robert listened TOO much to his client and he should have 'known better' and vetoed what she asked for so he could display how NOT boring he can be. WTFever, Nina.

And why in the hell did they go SO easy on Jeffrey. In previous seasons, the comments Angela's mom made about the dress would have been all they would have needed to go off on him about the disaster that he sent out on the runway. I'm NOT saying that Heidi and Michael (and Michael's Mom for that matter) should have bitchslapped him for making Angela's mother cry. No, not at all. While I found his behaviour ridiculous, that really shouldn't be part of the judging. This isn't tribal council on Survivor, after all.

But that dress he sent out was a 'hot mess' as they say. When I saw her try it on the first time, I thought she tried it on over a blouse. WTF was with that blousy part underneath? It was just... fugly.

Hey, given the pattern so far this season, Jeffrey should wind up winning the challenge next week.

FORT Newbie

response to bad behavior on jeffreys part

i was not surprised to hear jeffrey is an alcoholic in recovery. this is a disease that does not stop when the alcoholic stops drinking. people in recovery go to meetings regularly and need constant interaction with the program to stay on track.
    alcoholics that are separated from spirituality behave the way jeffrey is behaving-reactionary, destructive, and selfish- i hope he pulls it together burns a candle and reconnects with his higher power- i don't like watching that kind of thing on one of the only reality shows that doesn't cross the line in poor taste-

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    I only know that jeffrey is responsible for most of the tears. what a loser.
    What were you watching. We now know where Angela learned to be a bitch don't we? Let's see. The old battle ax doesn't like the color which is a dark blue yet she herself chose dark purple and dark green. She doesn't bother to tell the designer re: the color but is more than ready to whine to Tim about it. She is hostile and when she does get out on the runway, she looks like a mad cow. Plus we hear her and Angela plotting behind the screen about her telling the judges she hates the dress. Hell anything would look [FA edit] on her. Jeffrey looks like he was set up by Angela and her Mater. I'm just glad he made it thru this week, But Angela should have gone not Robert.
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 08-24-2006 at 01:35 AM.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Rum View Post
    The overall judging this season has been awful.
    I KNOW! OMG, first Malan, then Katherine, then Bonnie, then Alison, now Robert? Who's next? The way things are going, the final three is gonna be Vincent, Jeffrey, and Angela (even though I like her) lol

+ Reply to Thread