+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Only the Producers and Bravo Know for Sure

Very funny article. Loved the "Rosette's Disease" comment, especially.

Quote Originally Posted by DagnyTaggart View Post
    Vincent is not good tv, unless you're talking about an after school program exploring the very special topic of schizophrenia. Does anyone have any doubt that he was probably the annoying guy doing austin powers impersonations two years after they were already not cool?
    I doubt Vincent has a clue who Austin Powers is...he lives in his own little universe, remember, the one where those hats are the height of fashion?

But I'm not at all sure I'd trust anyone even remotely associated with the show to tell anything even remotely approaching the truth, including Andy. The only one I would half way believe is Tim, and that's because I'm convinced he just doesn't have a clue about all the boot-leggin' and gambling going on in the back room.

Sure, poor Allison made for good TV in the sense that she was a pretty blonde, and a nice one to boot. That was probably her downfall -- if she'd been swearing like a sailor and getting into fights with the other designers, instead of being the perpetually nice well behaved young lady, she'd probably still be in. Vincent himself isn't particularly good TV, but then they don't have an Austin, a Jay, a Nick, or dare I say, even a Santino to keep the interest level up. Keith removed the most compelling villain they had through self-immolation. They're stuck with what they have. The ever vicious Jeffrey won't be able to survive near the final three, short of using a police baton on the other designers' knees, so all they have is the "why oh why haven't they kicked him off yet?" storyline featuring a rather sad, pathetic social misfit who can't even be misfit enough to be interesting.

And the even sadder part is, and I suspect some of it may be keeping him out of sympathy because of his quitting his job and cashing out his 401(k), keeping him on has just sealed his fate even worse. It would be one thing to be eliminated early on for a bad design choice, its another thing to keep coming back week after week to become a public laughingstock.

Moi
    I think the only three really professional, talented people here are Laura, Uli, and Michael. (I'm still a bit unsure about Angela....)

Anyway, imagine what great fashions we would have if those three were the finalists. Of course, they are all adults who can get along with others, so at least one of them will be replaced by an obnoxious whiner, probably Tattoo Boy. I'm actually starting to lose interest in this program.

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Clueless at Parsons

Quote Originally Posted by Closet Fan View Post
    But I'm not at all sure I'd trust anyone even remotely associated with the show to tell anything even remotely approaching the truth, including Andy. The only one I would half way believe is Tim, and that's because I'm convinced he just doesn't have a clue about all the boot-leggin' and gambling going on in the back room.
    BANG! You just hit the nail on the head. Thank you for your post.

If you listen to Tim's podcast re: the Keith got the boot episode--Tim tells us that he is not always privy to production information. He stated that he was told since Keith was asked to leave that no one would be eliminated. He further stated that he was shocked to learn that the producers changed their mind and eliminated Bonnie.

I call shenanigins with Alison's offing.

Why oh why producers to do you continue to torture my viewer's eyes with pictures of Vincent looking like he is suffering from incredible gas pains and has no release valve.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12