+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic
    Tim said it perfectly on why Michael edged out Jeffrey:

Michael's dress is real world, elegant that people can wear out.

Jeffrey's dress though great, was really out there, and a lot of people will either love it or hate it, not everyone's taste.

So Michael's dress may have been boring, but it was elegant and something everyone could like and wear.

FORT Newbie

Jeffrey

Quote Originally Posted by coco_puff View Post
    Jeffrey is so arrogant-I don't want that guy to win.

Ick, I agree. He is so arrogant and just plain mean. He and Keith were made for each other.

Notice that the women that they both dislike are the ones who are the strong, independent ones, not the quiet, whispery blondes. No surprise.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Fashion_Nazi View Post
    Alexandria is plus sized???? Yeah, she's a whale.

she's just not a stick. vincent's dress was a mess. but it was a slenderizing column of a mess. allison's dress had texture and shape....but it made her model look big. the judges showed their true colors: shape over style.

Moi
    I've just decided what I hated the most about tonight's episode -- when they told Alison that she made her model look like a "plus-sized model", e.g., a normal person. That is saying that normal women are ugly. I am beginning to really hate PR.

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmqn View Post
    Tim said it perfectly on why Michael edged out Jeffrey:

Michael's dress is real world, elegant that people can wear out.

Jeffrey's dress though great, was really out there, and a lot of people will either love it or hate it, not everyone's taste.

So Michael's dress may have been boring, but it was elegant and something everyone could like and wear.
    but the whole challenge was innovation. i don't think you can be truly innvoative and universally appealing at the same time. i don't think the michael was thinking outside of the box...i think he talked his way outside the box.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by the puce terror View Post
    but the whole challenge was innovation. i don't think you can be truly innvoative and universally appealing at the same time. i don't think the michael was thinking outside of the box...i think he talked his way outside the box.

Yeah, he won it on his presentation and they he spoke about the dress, he made the judges think and believe. Yay for Michael

Quote Originally Posted by the puce terror View Post
    ...but its all about each challenge as it goes along, or so they say. jia couldn't walk, but allison's model looked horrible.
    I don't think it is. Michael Korrs and the rest really had nothing to say about Kayne's dress that was positive, but he said at the end that he does know how to design clothes well. So even though the design he created tonight was ugly, he was allowed to go through because of what he's done in the past.

Vincent really made it through because he's wacky which some see as innovative. But going by his designs they seem to turn out wacky because he doesn't have any idea as to what he's doing. It's sad that you can just come on the show with a wacky personality and design and make it this far despite the fact that he's yet to really put together anything really impressive.

I'm convinced that Tim is the only one in America who is still naive enough to not know how rigged the show really is, he's the honest, straight as an arrow frontman for the crooked operation going on in the back. And he just hasn't a clue there's bootleggin' goin' on.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by AKat View Post
    I've just decided what I hated the most about tonight's episode -- when they told Alison that she made her model look like a "plus-sized model", e.g., a normal person. That is saying that normal women are ugly. I am beginning to really hate PR.

i know. i try to focus on the creativity of the designers and not the absurdity of the fashion world. its not about the judges, its about taking limited resources and limited time and making something wonderfully unexpected.

Here is Alexandra Donhoeffner's figures from her model agency

height 510
    bust 34b
    waist 24
    hips 36
    dress 4-6

I looked at her portfolio and she is far from being plus size

http://www.idmodels.com/women.html

+ Reply to Thread