+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 8/09 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by firechica View Post
    did michael say "captain save a ho" ?????? or did i completely miss HEAR that?? if he did that was effin' FUNNY!!! lol
    I think it was more "cap n' save a ho". But anyways, I am sooo happy for Michael. Finally, he's getting screen time and he did a fantastic job on his icon design. Michael is absolutely one of my favorites.

Bradley's time was up. Really he was overdue; he probably should have been auf'd for that horribly made top two episodes ago, but like Santino's jumpsuit, somehow the judges saw something in it worth redeeming.

Also, I really didn't care for Alison's or Jeffery's. I was rather shocked they made it through safe. Robert was understandable as he completely missed the mark on the icon, but his talent is apparent and the judges obviously see it too. He just needs to pull it together and get the voodoo curse of "boring" off of him.

I must say I really am pleased with the overall quality of this season's designs. Most of these designers are very, very good. (But I really don't understand how Vincent's still in the running... his Twiggy dress was ATROCIOUS and the lampshade hat was horrendous.) Last season really sucked compared to this.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Magical Fish Kisses ihavebeefyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by corprip View Post
    Bradley's time was up. Really he was overdue; he probably should have been auf'd for that horribly made top two episodes ago, but like Santino's jumpsuit, somehow the judges saw something in it worth redeeming.
    In all reality, Bradley's designs were consistently mediocre. However, I was completely in love with him anyway. I just thought he was so fumbling and inept and just so darn loveable. Mind you, I knew he would NEVER make it to the final, but I still miss his off-beat goofiness. Come back, Bradley!

Quote Originally Posted by ihavebeefyfish View Post
    In all reality, Bradley's designs were consistently mediocre. However, I was completely in love with him anyway. I just thought he was so fumbling and inept and just so darn loveable. Mind you, I knew he would NEVER make it to the final, but I still miss his off-beat goofiness. Come back, Bradley!
    Oh, I agree.. Bradley is cute in that goofy stoner kind of way. Like you said, he was consistently mediocre... that would have been fine last season (hence Danny V.), but he was way out of his league among this cast.

Kayne's outfit reminded me of what was said in last season about Emmet's skating outfit. Remember the "tootie" remark? I just looked at it again at Bravo (reading Tim's Take) and the little triangle of fabric dangling in that area is just too weird and close for comfort. Yikes!

I wanted to give Kayne's dress a lower mark than what the judges said, but, of course, the site isn't working. Robert's design keeps popping up no matter whose name you click. < sign >

I liked Alison's design and her model looked just like her. What a cute combo they made.

The way the Tresemme folks curled Jazri's hair looked really nice. I hope she keeps that look or gets her locks tamed down even more. Her look is super 60's. Ah, I remember it well. lmao

I thought the waist portion of Alison's was a little broad-looking and off. It made her model look fat and flat all at once.

ETA: I'm only 28, so I never experienced Cher in the 60's-70's, but I really have to question her status as a fashion icon. My best memory of Cher is in the video for "Turn Back Time", where she wore that horrible one piece.. I've always thought of her more as a fashion joke than an inspiration. But maybe it was different in a different era.
    Last edited by corprip; 08-10-2006 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me View Post
    Kayne's outfit reminded me of what was said in last season about Emmet's skating outfit. Remember the "tootie" remark? I just looked at it again at Bravo (reading Tim's Take) and the little triangle of fabric dangling in that area is just too weird and close for comfort. Yikes!

I wanted to give Kayne's dress a lower mark than what the judges said, but, of course, the site isn't working. Robert's design keeps popping up no matter whose name you click. < sign >
    I see what you mean, roses. That little triangle of dark fabric in the front is ahem... very suggestive and more than a little bit vulgar.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip View Post
    I thought the waist portion of Alison's was a little broad-looking and off. It made her model look fat and flat all at once.

ETA: I'm only 28, so I never experienced Cher in the 60's-70's, but I really have to question her status as a fashion icon. My best memory of Cher is in the video for "Turn Back Time", where she wore that horrible one piece.. I've always thought of her more as a fashion joke than an inspiration. But maybe it was different in a different era.
    Corprip, I'm marching towards 41, and I at least remember Cher from the occasional Sonny & Cher, maybe Laugh In rerun, and believe it or not, when she was younger, she was much more fashionable. Sure, it was a very 60s look, very pantsuits, very colorful, but very striking, a definite point of view. She was very striking looking, especially with that long, long hair. I think she only started going overboard and getting ridiculous on the fashion once she started having her equivalent of a "mid life crisis" and felt the need for the gimmicks to get her the attention which she once could garner with her looks alone...

WTF!!!!!! Why does Vincent get away with mediocre outfits???? The judges are almost apologetic when critiquing his work (except for Michael Kors). Are they afraid he will go postal if kicked off? Seriously, they handle him with kid gloves. Maybe he has a friend in the industry (with connections to PR) who wanted to give him another shot at a design career. It just doesn't make sense otherwise. He is the original "WACKADOO" not Malan as far as I'm concerned. Someone please, please come up with a valid answer for how he has remained. I could let it slide if he was entertaining, (reality shows love "characters") but all he does is bitch & complain.
    Last edited by Runway victim; 08-10-2006 at 04:08 AM.

BTW, glad to see Mike Kors back. I missed his "I'm underwhelmed" eye rolls.

Ok. I went to the Bravo site again and the Rate the Runway is not working once again. The results were spot on but I couldn't vote for at least 4 designs.

I really had a coloring issue with my tv because Mike's dress looked red, Alison's looked white and black, Uli's looked brick red, Angela's looked plain not textured....

The website and a bit of tweaking helped me see more of the designs.

*Mike did have that look down and the magenta looked better than the red.
    *Uli's was definatley a Diana Ross look too. I could see her wearing that today.
    *Kayne's did fit sort of funny in the rump area but I keep seeing Anna Nicole Smith in my head.
    *Tattoo....what was that poofy stuff at the bottom. (I think he should have been in the bottom 3 along with Bradley) I bet he was 4th from the bottom.
    *Laura's fit was great but it was lackluster.( I didn't realize it was a knit blouse)
    *Vincent's looked dimestore Mod to me. I dunno. I think his was not as bad as Tattoo's hankerchief poof skirt. Madonna would not wear that messnow or in the future.
    *Alison's I didn't like that mint mishap at all.
    (Robert...I don't think linen was such a bad idea...but the ensemble, the design, and cut was not Jackie O. Plus, his model walked like an elephant in it...she didn't glide like a first lady.
    *Bradley...poor Bradley....that looked like something I would have made for my Barbie when I was 6 years old on my sew perfect sewing machine.
    Last edited by Quemoni; 08-10-2006 at 04:17 AM.

+ Reply to Thread