+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 77

Thread: Runway Creations Photo Album - Season 3

  1. #31
    FORT Fan volatility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    27
    Posts
    171
    GOD, jefferey shouldve won!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

  2. #32
    uhhmmmm yeah? firechica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    just this side of sanity!
    Posts
    742
    YIKES!!! so thats what angelas dress looked like -- NO WONDER it only got about 2 secs of air time -- but still not as bad as allisons "tamale wrapper" or for those of you not fimilar with mexican foods - LOL -that would be a
    corn husk wrapper--

    volatility i'll have to agree - i mean i like michael and i am glad he won (and hope he takes it all ) -- but i am thinkin' the neck-less wonder "was robbed" -- his dress was awesome --
    Last edited by firechica; 08-18-2006 at 12:05 AM.
    Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back. -Babe Ruth
    I know right from wrong... wrong is the fun one

  3. #33
    Samantha's Mommy Closet Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by firechica View Post
    YIKES!!! so thats what angelas dress looked like -- NO WONDER it only got about 2 secs of air time -- but still not as bad as allisons "tamale wrapper" or for those of you not fimilar with mexican foods - LOL -that would be a
    corn husk wrapper--
    THAT'S what it was reminding me of...!

    If making the model look fat was a criteria, then Uli should have been on the line as well as Vincent...

  4. #34
    Fight Queen corprip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Roeland Park, KS
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,211
    Yeah... tamale was the first thing I thought of when Alison's dress came down the runway. The color of the paper, and the crinkles in the fabric... it brought instant connotations to my mind. But then again, I live in the Southwest, so it's what I see.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

  5. #35
    FORT Fan volatility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    27
    Posts
    171
    I also think Robert's dress was very overlooked, I liked his a lot! and I liked laura's designs, but I need to see a different style of dress before I kill her, lol. Same with uli.
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

  6. #36
    FORT Fanatic texasgal26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The Big Easy
    Posts
    760
    Has anyone else gone to Macy's to try on Angela's INC creation? It was kind of cool seeing it there today. I think the jacket is a little weird b/c of the short sleeves, but the pants are great - and you don't have to be super-skinny to look good in them.

  7. #37
    Samantha's Mommy Closet Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,191
    I'm a little too big for that range, I'm sure, but I'd never wear pants cut that low below the waist. First there are too many women who just don't have the right toning for that sort of thing, and I'm tired of seeing women walking around with rolls of flab sitting on top of their pants. Ick. Two, I was walking from my commuter bus to work this week, and there was a woman wearing low cut pants and a top that wasn't long enough, so unfortunately, everyone could see her thong, its color and the detailing. Yuck. Maybe its hip with the John Tucker Must Die age group, but it was pretty tacky on a supposed professional going to work...

    I'm no prude, but I don't want to know details about people's choice of underwear (and yes, I suppose we should be grateful she was wearing any). If I'd been the HR person in her firm, I'd have sent her straight over to Macy's to buy a longer top...

    If Heidi is so determined that women in America shouldn't look fat, start with the low cut jeans.
    Last edited by Closet Fan; 08-19-2006 at 12:32 AM.

  8. #38
    FORT Fanatic texasgal26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The Big Easy
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by Closet Fan View Post
    I'm a little too big for that range, I'm sure, but I'd never wear pants cut that low below the waist. First there are too many women who just don't have the right toning for that sort of thing, and I'm tired of seeing women walking around with rolls of flab sitting on top of their pants. Ick. Two, I was walking from my commuter bus to work this week, and there was a woman wearing low cut pants and a top that wasn't long enough, so unfortunately, everyone could see her thong, its color and the detailing.
    Are you talking about the INC outfit? The pants aren't below the waist at all (remember, Laura worked on this outfit). And the top is long... it was tucked in on the runway. The annoying thing about them is that you either have to have a shirt the perfect short length (just to the top of the pants) or tuck it in because of those rosettes.

    BTW - I hate the thong-showing thing too. The dumbest thing I've ever seen is when people came out with "thong jewelry."

  9. #39
    Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Age
    63
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26 View Post
    Are you talking about the INC outfit? The pants aren't below the waist at all (remember, Laura worked on this outfit). And the top is long... it was tucked in on the runway. The annoying thing about them is that you either have to have a shirt the perfect short length (just to the top of the pants) or tuck it in because of those rosettes.
    Although the runway version of Angela's outfit had pants up to the waist, the version on the Macy's Web site definitely shows the pants riding lower. In production, the Macy's folks evidently tweaked Angela's original design a bit. I, for one, certainly could not wear that outfit.
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

  10. #40
    ~ SurrnderDorothy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by volatility View Post
    ...I liked laura's designs, but I need to see a different style of dress before I kill her, lol. Same with uli.
    I think Uli is definitely guilty of working the same basic halter dress too much.

    On the other hand, Laura has done a coat with big spangles on the bottom, an evening gown with a sort of tank neckline (which was a strapless before Michael got on board), a tweed suit with fur trim, something involving slacks and jacket that didn't get picked for INC, a pair of slacks and top, and this short dress.

    I guess they all share the same general sense of style, but that's true of most of the other designers as well.

    It's not like Laura just turns out the same sleeveless dress-- or a dress of any sort-- each week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.