+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Major Final Three **SPOILER**

Poor Jia! Hope she will be OK soon. If VIncent makes top 3 then something is wrong. Hopefully someone else stole Jia.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by nabraham View Post
    So Vincent makes it to the Final 3? How disappointing. I hope he gets better. And there better not be any more baskets as hats in his upcoming designs.
    Don't jump to that conclusion too quickly. Jia can easily be eliminated with Vincent then get called back because another model dropped out. Or there can be a change in models. One of them could turn out to be unreliable and the winner choses Jia over their own. Anything can happen, it is early.

;

Jia updates

From VH-1's Best Week Ever site (http://www.bestweekever.tv/tag/Jia+Santos):

Amidst the other Project Runway controversy, people seem to be forgetting about the tragedy that befell one of the show’s models, as reported last week. Jia Santos (real name Eliza Jakubek), a Hungarian model competing for a shoot in Elle Magazine, was hit by a city bus while riding her bicycle to the show’s studios. She was taken to St. Vincent’s Hospital, where she was in critical condition with a fractured skull and eye socket.

BWE has gotten exclusive word from inside her very hospital room as to the model’s recovery. Our correspondent alerts us to the following news:

- Jia is OK, and will be released soon. Her bloodwork just needs to get better so she can have a “filter” removed. (Ed Note: Medical experts in our offices have no idea what that means. Also, we don’t have any medical experts.)

- Her manager is named Javier, and clearly wants to exploit her accident to get press.

- She hates Jello and turkey, but does like pears.

We are happy to hear that Jia has recovered, but we are simply overjoyed that a model (a real-life model!) has any opinion about food whatsoever. And hey — we hate Jello too!

As far as her manager trying to exploit the accident, you can’t really blame the guy. I mean, eye patches are so hot right now.*

*We would normally never joke about a tragedy like this, but come on, she’s gonna be OK!

I can't see Vincent making it to the top three. He'll more than likely self destruct before the halfway point of the season.

I think she is one of the strongest looking models. It wouldn't surprise me to see her grabbed when Vincent is eliminate. I have this feeling that Allison might take her, because her model Toni can't walk and is to stiff.

Moi
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy69r View Post
    From VH-1's Best Week Ever site (http://www.bestweekever.tv/tag/Jia+Santos):

Amidst the other Project Runway controversy, people seem to be forgetting about the tragedy that befell one of the show’s models, as reported last week. Jia Santos (real name Eliza Jakubek), a Hungarian model competing for a shoot in Elle Magazine, was hit by a city bus while riding her bicycle to the show’s studios. She was taken to St. Vincent’s Hospital, where she was in critical condition with a fractured skull and eye socket.

BWE has gotten exclusive word from inside her very hospital room as to the model’s recovery. Our correspondent alerts us to the following news:

- Jia is OK, and will be released soon. Her bloodwork just needs to get better so she can have a “filter” removed. (Ed Note: Medical experts in our offices have no idea what that means. Also, we don’t have any medical experts.)

- Her manager is named Javier, and clearly wants to exploit her accident to get press.

- She hates Jello and turkey, but does like pears.

We are happy to hear that Jia has recovered, but we are simply overjoyed that a model (a real-life model!) has any opinion about food whatsoever. And hey — we hate Jello too!

As far as her manager trying to exploit the accident, you can’t really blame the guy. I mean, eye patches are so hot right now.*

*We would normally never joke about a tragedy like this, but come on, she’s gonna be OK!
    Thanks, Buddy69r, her injuries sounded so horrible, I was wondering if she would be okay. Looks like she is doing well.

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AKat View Post
    Thanks, Buddy69r, her injuries sounded so horrible, I was wondering if she would be okay. Looks like she is doing well.

Yes, Thanks Buddy69r for posting that. I wondered how she was doing as well. It's nice to get a follow-up. Sounds like she still has some recovery ahead of her. I hope her eye heals well and she can return to modeling. Gia is only 18, and was working here to help support her family members back in her native village...I want to say in Hungary, but not sure if I'm right. Someone correct me, if I'm not.

I don't get why her manager is exploiting her accident. Sounds kind of sleazy...although it's probably par for the modeling world to forget these girls are real human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mayo View Post
    I don't get why her manager is exploiting her accident. Sounds kind of sleazy...although it's probably par for the modeling world to forget these girls are real human beings.
    Well, it may not be for as sleezy a reason as you think. She probably doesn't have health insurance, and is looking at a staggering amount of medical bills. (No idea whether the accident was her fault, the bus', or a combination of the two.) She might need a lawyer, there might be a lawsuit, and she might wait quite a while for the money, and in the meantime, the hospital wants its money. (I had a friend in a car accident, a cut and dry case of the other driver being at fault, and it was a LONG time before they got a check.) A little publicity, maybe some sympathy from the fans, might result in some money coming her way to help her with living expenses, medical bills, etc.

i'll have to agree with closet fan here -- i was in a car accident a couple of months ago -- clearly the other drivers fault and tho i was still on the clock at work -- moving from an overtime shift at one station to my regular shift at another -- was hit and had to be flown to the tramua center -- workers comp denied my claim because i was in my personal vehicle and not in one owned by my employer (tho, they dont supply one for us to drive in that case) and we have to sue my work for that and have to sue the driver for medical bills -- and according to my lawyer - the other drivers lawyer doesn't even have to RESPOND to our suit for a year -he says it usually takes 6mths to a year to get any kind of response and in the mean time -- YOU are responisble for EVERYTHING - i was lucky and have insurance -- but some are not so fortunate - so it can take a long long time --
    Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back. -Babe Ruth
    I know right from wrong... wrong is the fun one

FORT Fogey
    Thanks Buddy. The word exploiting does not fit here. It is her manager's job to promote her and get her work. This accident is an opportunity to keep her name in the news and possibly make her attractive to clients because of the noteriety this brings, no matter how small. He is doing his job. Everyone likes a dramatic story of someone surviving tradegy. Good for him. What is he supposed to do? Keep quiet and not mention this?

I agree, Fashion Naze, about Alison's model. I think she is the least attractive and her relatively large calves do not show off the clothes as well as slimmer legs. There is something about her body proportions that are off as well. Maybe it is her muscular calves that create that illusion.

Vincent would have to beat one of Alison, Kayne, Robert or Michael to make the top three and that is difficult to believe though not impossible. There are twists and turns in the road. He did have some success in the 80's so he knows how to design. We just haven't seen it yet. Tim mentioned, in his podcast, that Vincents dress, last week, was sewn beautifully.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy69r View Post
    From VH-1's Best Week Ever site

I guess these parts above was what gave me the feeling of "sleazy". You all make very good points that Gia will need some very real financial assistance for a while. I just hope her eye & other injuries heal as well as possible, and don't leave any disfiguring marks so she can continue to model to support herself, if she wants to. I was just concerned that she wasn't being pushed beyond her capacity by her manager, and allowed to heal.

It's possible that I may be reflecting on situations I've seen on ANTM and jeez...Janice Dickinson. It's pretty obvious that these models put up with alot of "meat" factors. I'd just hate to see something like that happen to young Gia after all this pain and tragedy.

Yes, it's really a horror show that someone at fault can inflict serious injuries on another and the legal system can blow smoke for a lengthy period of time. It just inflicts even more injury and hardship on the innocent victim. Just awful...and it should never be allowed to happen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast