+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 3 **SPOILERS**

Moi
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I thought I read he said it was for his portion showing trends in designs and that he said he did not claim the designs as his own.
    I think he said it was research for something/somebody showing trends. But my point was that he was entering a clothes design contest. You submit samples of your work -- clothes, sketches, etc. Why in the world would you submit a portfolio of Photoshopped photographs of other people's designs? Why would the judges want to see that unless he just didn't say anything about what it really was and let them assume it was his designs....

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by AKat View Post
    I think he said it was research for something/somebody showing trends. But my point was that he was entering a clothes design contest. You submit samples of your work -- clothes, sketches, etc. Why in the world would you submit a portfolio of Photoshopped photographs of other people's designs? Why would the judges want to see that unless he just didn't say anything about what it really was and let them assume it was his designs....

He explained, saying he brought all of his portfollios, six of them, to show the judges the body of his work. Since he does menswear, his project on women's fashion trends, was important to show. He did not want to be eliminated because he only knew about menswear.

Kayne said the person he least liked was Malan. He said Malan would make negative comments on the runway. In week 1 and 2, I don't see Malan having time to make negative comments. In 2 he is really under pressure. I want to believe they'll bring him back, back to make those comments Kayne is referring to. Someone else said he was parading cameras around NY. Possibly he is in the final 3.

Poor Miss USA......what in the world is she going to do about her gown? None of the gowns looked worthy of a Miss USA pageant, or even a wedding, or a prom for that matter. Did you notice her face when they walked in with the creations???

But......I still liked the show. It's fun to watch the designers put the clothes together.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Moi
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat View Post
    He explained, saying he brought all of his portfollios, six of them, to show the judges the body of his work. Since he does menswear, his project on women's fashion trends, was important to show. He did not want to be eliminated because he only knew about menswear.
    I have trouble buying into that explanation. I could go on the internet and get photographs of shows at NY Fashion Week, Photoshop them and put them a portfolio. But that wouldn't mean I know anything at all about fashion design . The real question is did he tell the judges what that portfolio actually was? Or did he just keep quiet and not say anything at all and let them assume it was his own work.

Moi
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonna View Post
    Poor Miss USA......what in the world is she going to do about her gown? None of the gowns looked worthy of a Miss USA pageant, or even a wedding, or a prom for that matter. Did you notice her face when they walked in with the creations???

But......I still liked the show. It's fun to watch the designers put the clothes together.
    The pageant was this past weekend. She wore the dress and placed in the top five.

Yeah, I was flipping the channels that night, and all of a sudden, there she was, in the gown! The color looked different in the lights, at first I thought he had redone the dress in a whole different color for her...

FORT Fan
    I have trouble buying into that explanation. I could go on the internet and get photographs of shows at NY Fashion Week, Photoshop them and put them a portfolio. But that wouldn't mean I know anything at all about fashion design . The real question is did he tell the judges what that portfolio actually was? Or did he just keep quiet and not say anything at all and let them assume it was his own work.

He did discuss it when they were going through his portfolios when he was showing them his three pieces. In the first show about the selections, it showed that the three items he brought in were actually men's clothes. They did question him about the three pieces and (I think) that particular portfolio because they wanted to see some women's designs he had actually done all on his own.

Moi
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieMae View Post
    He did discuss it when they were going through his portfolios when he was showing them his three pieces. In the first show about the selections, it showed that the three items he brought in were actually men's clothes. They did question him about the three pieces and (I think) that particular portfolio because they wanted to see some women's designs he had actually done all on his own.
    I haven't watched this episode for a while, but from what I recall, he showed his menswear pieces to the initial panel -- Tim and whoever the previous contestant guest judge was and one other person. But when we saw the portfolio in question, it was during the next round of judging and Michael Kors was looking at it. The would-be contestants weren't there then. If that is correct, Michael and the rest of the panel may have been under the impression that those were his own designs.

I just hope they get to the episode where somebody gets the boot and we can lay the whole thing to rest. I still think it is odd that Bravo doesn't seem to have issued any statements on this at all.

But when we saw the portfolio in question, it was during the next round of judging and Michael Kors was looking at it. The would-be contestants weren't there then. If that is correct, Michael and the rest of the panel may have been under the impression that those were his own designs.
    I'm having a hard time relating a portfolio issue to the term "naughty" that was used. I'm thinking it was something in the workroom or something having to do with an outsider on the show. Skipping out and getting someone to sew something for me would be naughty. Messing with someone else's work would be naughty. Being caught in a compromising position would be naughty. A portfolio problem - whether it's a mixup or plain dishonesty - just doesn't fit.

+ Reply to Thread