+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051

Thread: Season 3 **SPOILERS**

I have a feeling that Jeffrey will display a whole lot of unnecessary rudeness and cruelty towards Angela and probably other castmates for reasons that he's made up in his head. He will probably cause most of the drama and the rest will surround Keith because of his departure.

Moi
    I hope Heidi uses the occasion to say something apologetic about how she treated the model she thought was too large. It would be appropriate for her to since she hasn't come out with any comment about that yet. Tim apologized on Larry King.

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Tim Gunn answers the oft-wondered questions regarding how long Project Runway filming takes, how much time there is between challenges, and how much time the contestants have to produce their Fashion Week collections.

While some reality shows are still finding their stride in the new fall season, "Project Runway" is heating up and nearing its end. This week's "Runway" reunion show airs Wednesday, and should be full of dish. In case you haven't heard, New York Magazine has reported that Laura Bennett accused Jeffrey Sebelia of not doing his own sewing. Tim Gunn seemed suspicious, too.

Q: How long are the designers actually in New York for the filming of Project Runway? How much time do they have between challenges?

A: Just over a month: 32 days. That's according to Tim Gunn, who said during a Washington Post chat that they "tape for 32 consecutive days no breaks! We're all done in by the end, including me!"

With 11 episode to shoot in that time, that leaves about three days for each challenge. Other than the challenges and the runway shows, the production also must shoot interviews with the cast, which typically take place once for each episode. (There are also spontaneous interviews, called OTFs for "on the fly," that reality show producers like to conduct in the moment.)

The final four designers all of whom made it to Fashion Week this year, unlike past years when one presented at Fashion Week even though they'd already been eliminated then head home.

Since this season taped early in the summer, in June, they only had three months to design and create their collections, which they presented in New York at Fashion Week on Sept. 15.

Prior to the final runway show, "Project Runway" typically tapes the reunion of cast members, who by then have watched most of the season on TV. On the day of the runway show, the show taped its finale, so the designers now know who won. However, they won't be able to discuss it with the world until Oct. 18, the day the series concludes.
    Link

If they are only there for 32 days, how did Laura get soooo huge within that time if she didn't even know she was pregnant? U gotta figure, one month before noticing you might be pregnant, then a few weeks of being filmed, would make her only 2-3 months pregnant at the most..... weird.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Runway victim View Post
    Thanks for the link. I think Jeffrey is a hoot, and probably the most original designer since Jay in Season 1.

Charmed n' Dangerous tumblin' dice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    If they are only there for 32 days, how did Laura get soooo huge within that time if she didn't even know she was pregnant? U gotta figure, one month before noticing you might be pregnant, then a few weeks of being filmed, would make her only 2-3 months pregnant at the most..... weird.
    Well... by the time you've carried five children -- all the nice firm tissue/muscle that held you in during the first pregnancy is pretty much like elastic. As each pregnancy occurs, you start popping out much more quickly. Heidi mentioned in an interview that she was six months along with her first child before it became evident that she was pregnant. She said with this one, her third, she started showing in her third month.
    The thieves get rich, the saints get shot-
    And god don't answer prayers a lot.

-Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

Quote Originally Posted by tumblin' dice View Post
    Well... by the time you've carried five children -- all the nice firm tissue/muscle that held you in during the first pregnancy is pretty much like elastic. As each pregnancy occurs, you start popping out much more quickly. Heidi mentioned in an interview that she was six months along with her first child before it became evident that she was pregnant. She said with this one, her third, she started showing in her third month.
    Thanks. That makes sense. I should be thankful I only had 2!
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by April235 View Post
    I have a feeling that Jeffrey will display a whole lot of unnecessary rudeness and cruelty towards Angela and probably other castmates for reasons that he's made up in his head. He will probably cause most of the drama and the rest will surround Keith because of his departure.
    That's hysterical, but probably too true.

+ Reply to Thread