+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 508

Thread: Season 3 **SPOILERS**

  1. #131
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    Might be true, but from experience, anyone who can do a man's jacket and have it lay flat across the shoulders can sew ANYTHING! The construction on suits is crazy complicated.
    I know 'cause I sew and suits too! but come on flou vs. tailoring are different animals and he didn't seem to have much of a learning curve. Also he was designing men's wear not patternmaking or sewing it. It is the kind of thing that is more "naughty" as in badly behaved little boy than I am now going to sue your butt for 5 Mil. It is after all just a theory but it would explain some of the cockiness.

  2. #132
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat View Post
    There is no way any of them could get into Parsons School of Design to use the work room. Forget that theory.
    Don't be too sure, When I was at Yale for architecture you had access to the building 24/7 and we were there 24/7. 'coarse there weren't camera crew following us around.

  3. #133
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,053
    The show thread for this week has a spoiler in it. Katherines web site, cant find the link, implies that perhaps we see her come back. The reason she lost was, in part, due to not being able to sew her hoodie or do a correct hem because the machines were sabotaged.

  4. #134
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164
    Quote Originally Posted by SwaggerDesign View Post
    Don't be too sure, When I was at Yale for architecture you had access to the building 24/7 and we were there 24/7. 'coarse there weren't camera crew following us around.
    The camera crew and producers are the key there. Given that time is such an essential element of the competition, there's almost no way that they don't have some sort of monitoring going on to ensure that the time limits are not broken.

  5. #135
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,053
    http://www.katherinegerdes.com/

    Katherines web site.

    Tune in next week to see what happens when former Project Runway contestant Katherine Gerdes takes matters into her own hands. Ever wonder what those auf’d designers would have done if they hadn’t gotten the boot?

    Now you’ll know!

    It sure seems that she blew the whistle on the offender and comes back

    Now did she catch him sneaking out or is it about sewing machine sabbotage or something we have yet to uncover?

    Why would sabbotage benefit anyone directly? You still have to either win or be safe. Odd gamble to screw someone in order to have less competition. And if you have designers standing on the runway claiming the machines were broken, would they not have a redo of some sort?

    I suppose if you plan to screw one person badly then they are targeted to leave and you would automatically be safe. There is that.

    Again, anyone know where the "designer left the premises" came from?
    Last edited by Dogbat; 07-28-2006 at 03:23 PM.

  6. #136
    Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat View Post
    Again, anyone know where the "designer left the premisis" came from?
    It is speculation as to a reasonably justifiable reason to boot someone. No hard facts as to this actually having occurred are out in the ether. I'm sure if there were, someone would post a link to a reliable site in this thread.

  7. #137
    Samantha's Mommy Closet Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by SwaggerDesign View Post
    Closetfan, I too think you're brilliant but have a slight alteration to your theory. Has anyone else noticed that Keith's garments look very finished even when there is tricky seaming or lots of work. I have no trouble believing that he was sneaking out but what if it was back to the studio to get a couple of hours extra work in. I just think it is very strange that this guy that has no background in women's wear is turning out these impecable dresses in these compressed timeframes. If he was that good why didn't he whip something up for the judges to see at his interview. Is it possible that the clue to why he was booted, if he was, is in the line at the end of the last show where he says something about mine was the only one that was finished.
    I considered that a possibility, but how does he get back in to Parsons? If they are trying to keep everything so secret from the public that they don't know about the challenges, don't see the dresses, etc., what are the chances that someone is going to be able to walk into the workroom in the middle of the night? What are the chances that the room isn't under very restricted lock and key? Now he COULD have been meeting a friend who was still helping him in some way, helping collaborate with the design work, maybe making pattern pieces, something that didn't require actual access to the garment, and I considered that, but that wasn't the rumor printed in the NY post, which seemed to me the most plausible of the three scenarios.

  8. #138
    Samantha's Mommy Closet Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka View Post
    Closetfan, I've enjoyed reading your analysis. There's one little bit where I disagree with your break out.

    We see Tim talking about the issue that leads to a boot twice - once that is very definitely at Parson's with the group, and once in an apartment, as you've detailed. The previews lead us to believe that the announcement at Parson's happens first. If that is true, then it doesn't appear that the booting happens immediately after the offense. I would guess that if that is the case, the producers know something happened, but don't know who did it, so Tim makes the announcement. They look into it while the group is working on a task, and at the end of the day when they've made a decision, Tim is sent in to the offenders apartment to send them home. I'm guessing that is what happens.

    That said, it's also entirely possible that the Parson's annoucement happens second -- that as you've speculated, something happens and someone is booted that night. Then, Tim's annoucement in the work room would be to explain to everyone else why the bootee is gone. If that is the case - then someone should be able to freeze the reaction shot to figure out who is missing.
    I'm convinced the booting happens in the evening, after Keith has snuck out and thought he was sneaking back in, and that the talk to designers followed the next morning, explaining to them what happened and why, and that they had darn well never consider doing it themselves or they will face a similar fate. Also, assuming the ejection doesn't happen an hour before the runway show, the team which is now disadvantaged by losing a team member will somehow have to be accomodated or they will be comparatively disadvantaged (which might in fact have been another reason why some of his roommates might have turned him in)

  9. #139
    Samantha's Mommy Closet Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat View Post
    [url]
    Again, anyone know where the "designer left the premises" came from?
    I think it showed up somewhere in the NY Post, anyway it was in print in one of the NY papers, IIRC.

  10. #140
    FORT Fan ladidanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Southern Georgia
    Posts
    153
    Now I'm a little slow, and not as crafty of a thinker as everyone else in the forum, but I the reason for the boot I thought, was because someone came either into the apartment or into the work station area. You know, just because the whole filming and what's going on is supposed to be in a pretty wrapped area of seculsion. Hey, that's just me. Don't scorn.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.