+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeffrey Sebelia - Season 3

I know Jefferey is a huge jerk, but at the same time, he is different from all the other designers, and I feel that gives him a good shot at winning... This show is about DESIGNING... not who's the nicest or the best friend or the most humble. It's not about that at all. It's about who designs well. And I personally don't see Jefferey's aesthetic boring the judges anytime soon. Funny how you all say he sucks as a deisnger because of what he did for angela's mom (I mean the garment, not his personality) but... Personally, I don't think very many of them did very well at all in that challenge, so how can you judge him on that challenge? I mean, I know some of his things have been different -- the madonna dress, which I thought was very creative since it resembled nothing of the other's and I thought it was something MAdonnna might've worn in her earlier days, when she was more of a fahsionista and not now in her... leotards, but still. His dog outfit was cute, and I loved the outfit he just made... As well as his first outfit. He is very santino, isn't he? And Santino made it to the final three. Hmm. That's just my opinion. I like his designs, and thus, I like him. If there was a miss Congeniality award to be won, he wouldn't win, but... oh well, I guess.
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

i like his designs a lot with the exception of the first two challenges. it's just a shame that he's such a jerk. i'd like it if he made it 4th so then i could see his collection without having to hear him or see him.

Harmless and unoffensive ComputerSaysNo's Avatar
    I wasn't aware the jacket debacle has been discussed often on this or other boards. I figured I wasn't the first person to bring it up though, I just hadn't seen it brought up elsewhere.

He's been hit or miss design-wise. The dress he made for the dog challenge was cute (high-waisted, and then he gives Laura in the recycling challenge for making a high-waisted dress?). His recycling challenge dress was average and his first outfit and Angela's mother's outfit were trainwrecks.

His nasty personality aside, it's not that he's a bad designer. He's just not an especially good one. After looking at his site and seeing what he's done on PR so far, his stuff is way more Hot Topic than Chrome Hearts.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerSaysNo View Post
    I wasn't aware the jacket debacle has been discussed often on this or other boards. I figured I wasn't the first person to bring it up though, I just hadn't seen it brought up elsewhere.
    I guess I hadn't seen it either. I really don't remember it being discussed here. However I was thinking the same thing! I don't buy the whole thing of him not being able to make Andrea's mother a jacket. Not being able to "fit" someone her size properly is BS. He was just being an AH.

BTW - I don't read the other boards. (Why bother when we have the FORT!)

Also in the comparison to Santino . . . . .at least he was funny. He still had issues, but at least a lot of his stuff was done "with tongue firmly in cheek".
    He was trying to push the envelope any way he could! Jeffery really need serious help. He is just plain vicious and sadistic.

It's true... Jeffrey is seen in next week's preview purposely waking Vincent up with a "Zzzzz" of his electric shaver. Vincent twice asks him to stop - Jeffrey keeps buzzing. It seems more and more that Angela's mom was just in the way... Jeff would've been nasty to anybody.

How scary that compared to Jeffrey, Santino looks kind and gentle?

FORT Fogey
    Sure Jeffery has edges, so what. It doesn't bother me in the least. He is talented and I look forward to seeing what he produces at Fashion Week.

Angela's mother was no charmer either. Both shared responsibility for their head butting.

Darlene, recognising she was dealing with a tempermental artist, should have just said go with what you think and to Tim, those are not my colors but I am looking forward to what Jeffery has planned. Why did she care so much? She was going to wear the dress all of about 7 minutes. It is just a TV show.

And in Jeffery's defense, she had no shape! What was he supposed to do? And of course there was no time to make a tailored jacket, which is what she requested.

I think that Darlene likely saw this as a sort of fun, mother-daughter spa weekend... being flown to NYC, having her hair and makeup done, having an outfit designed just for her. It may sound silly to us watching but that was my hunch. Being a charity worker, I think she doesn't get much chance to be 'spoiled'. Hadn't she not even flown before?

I hear what you're saying but - the challenge was to design for the everyday woman, after all. And they'd already Auf'd Allison for not making the most of her model's figure. To be fair this should not have been judged any less strictly. Also, he did make himself a tailored jacket in a day in the Paris challenge.

The same argument goes though -- he's probably made himself a million jackets since he started designing... I dont know about most people, but personally, I'd design for myself before I started designing for anyone else, you know? And seeing as how he's been designing for rock stars who are usually very tiny, I can imagine the real reason he was scared of designing it for her was because he was afraid he'd mess it up, you know? That's a very prideful way to do it, isnt it? I mean, that's Jeffery. He may not be the best designer, but he is the odd one out. I look forward to seeing his collection!
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

Am I confused here? Didn't Jefferey make a jacket for Angie's Mom??
    Runway Creations Photo Album - Season 3

I know he said no at first, but it looks like he made her one anyhow. True it has no waist, but it looks like Angie's Mum doesn't have one. I thought it was something of a peace offering.

That said, I'd like to see Jeffrey make it to the end, though with Kayne winning, which won't happen of course. I thought he should have won the trash competition. His dress was the most innovative, and I loved his playfulness with the materials.

I did like his 'trash' dress and I did think his jet setter outfit was the most true to the challenge. I liked Michael's outfit also, but the Hamptons aren't "international". I just felt bad for Angela, since it almost seemed he was being cosmically rewarded for goading her. ("The madder she gets, the better I feel")

RubyRed: I am truthfully not sure what he made for Darlene - it was so dark and shapeless that it was impossible to tell. Some sort of overcoat or dress on top of a button down shirt with huge buttons. I thought even the shirt was ill fitted and too big for her. To her credit she smiled and tried to carry it off as best she could. (I didn't fault her for being truthful when judges asked - she at least said it tactfully.)

I think Darlene asked for a fitted jacket. I agree w/some others who think he was afraid to try and fail. (He was used to designing for himself and rock star/model types - he was outside his comfort zone.) IMO he simply took his insecurities out on Darlene - ironically he claimed she was the insecure one.

I do think the show should have given the cast appropriately sized dress forms - that might've helped. Then again there would've been less drama.

+ Reply to Thread