+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeffrey Sebelia - Season 3

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by realfun View Post
    Can't stand this guy even more after this week's show. So his design was "Jeffrey". Ugly is ugly. Thank goodness he didn't get immunity.
    But he DID get immunity. Kayne will be next to go, I think.
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

FORT Newbie
    After last week it's so nice that Jeffery had a client he can work with. This was a slam dunk for him since he never seems to think of anyone except himself. Honestly, I haven't seen such immaturity since the 5th grade. I really expected him to start jumping up and down when Angela got eliminated. Here's a disturbing thought. If mummy is sooooo proud of her darling boy now, think what he was like before he pulled himself together. Jeffery is, as a friend puts it, "a waste of good skin". The sooner he's gone the better.

FORT Newbie
    And another thing.... drama is all the show has to offer at this point because, IMHO, Michael designs rings around everyone else. No one is even close.

Quote Originally Posted by mugsy View Post
    After last week it's so nice that Jeffery had a client he can work with. This was a slam dunk for him since he never seems to think of anyone except himself. Honestly, I haven't seen such immaturity since the 5th grade. I really expected him to start jumping up and down when Angela got eliminated. Here's a disturbing thought. If mummy is sooooo proud of her darling boy now, think what he was like before he pulled himself together. Jeffery is, as a friend puts it, "a waste of good skin". The sooner he's gone the better.
    He is one nasty person. He seems to genuinely enjoy being cruel. I wish he'd get kicked off already.
    As I got older I had to step out of the lines and make up my own mind. --Liz Phair

Harmless and unoffensive ComputerSaysNo's Avatar
    I get really uncomfortable when he goes off on his tirades. Like my stomach starts churning.

He reminds me of schoolyard bullies. I mean, wishing Laura would have a stroke? Among other things...

I have a dry sense of humor, but either Jeffrey is an Andy Kauffman-level stealth comic genius (not likely) or he's a genuinely nasty person.

I think he might have been more fun when he was loaded.

=(

I hope he is playing the nastiness up. I feel bad for the ppl who have to deal with that behavior.. I just hope he genuinely isnt that way.. I dont doubt he is a good person; maybe he just doesnt know how to conduct himself when he is feeling frustrated or stressed so he takes it out on others .. which isnt right, but is no reason to overlook his obvious skill as a designer...... I do think there are things about his designs that are amazing.. And I like how he wants to make something look a lil more deconstructed and not so clean and sophisicated...That is a hot style (especially out in LA, im sure). He is a overall a good designer.. His dress on the recycle challenge was brilliant- like the judges said his colors werent something u would think of but just worked so well. On this most recent episode the jacket he made was so smart. He really deserved to win. He said it would look like leather - and it did. I wasnt a fan of the rhinestone skull on the shirt, I thought that was really childish looking- but yes I think he is rather talented..

Quote Originally Posted by gardenia36 View Post
    He is one nasty person. He seems to genuinely enjoy being cruel. I wish he'd get kicked off already.
    I agree, gardenia. He was watching her closely after hitting her with one of his insults about designing for her mother. He seemed to drink her response in - then he said something like, "The unhappier she gets, the better I feel". Not a nice way to go through life

He must be the one Heidi referred to, when she said "we have a really good villain this year".

I know a lot of people must've been hoping he'd get Auf'd this week - then he wins, while Angela's sent packing. She didn't even get to stay in Paris one day - and she's the one who seemed most excited by it while there... ah well.

Harmless and unoffensive ComputerSaysNo's Avatar
    The following is bugging the hell out of me:

Angela's mother asked for a jacket to be made for her and Jeffrey used the time constraint as an excuse for why he couldn't make one. For the challenge immediately following, he made HIMSELF a jacket and FINISHED EARLY!!!

His self-proclaimed "mad skillz" must not be so mad because apparently they only apply to dressing himself.

Anyone else notice this, or is it just me?

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerSaysNo View Post

Angela's mother asked for a jacket to be made for her and Jeffrey used the time constraint as an excuse for why he couldn't make one. For the challenge immediately following, he made HIMSELF a jacket and FINISHED EARLY!!!

His self-proclaimed "mad skillz" must not be so mad because apparently they only apply to dressing himself.

This has been discussed ad infinitum on this and other boards. The general consensus is that Jeffrey has probably made jackets for himself in the past and could knock one out with his eyes closed. In Darlene's (Angela's mother) case, he was dealing with an unfamiliar body proportion and wasn't confident that he could execute a jacket for that shape in the time allowed.

This is not to excuse Jeffrey for his attitude or tone. Had he been diplomatic, he might have said, "I'd love to do a jacket for you, but with the time we've been allotted, it might be better to try a different garment—perhaps a vest. Can we do that?" But of course, Jeffrey is nobody's diplomat, so it didn't play out that way.
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerSaysNo View Post

at bravotv.com

they have some bonus video with uli and angela discussing this - and uli tells angela that -- he (jeffery) knows his body and can design for him more quickly -- and that with her mom being unfimilar to him -- it would have been harder to make the jacket in that short of an amount of time - as well as design a dress for her --- angela agrees in the video --
    who knows ........
    Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back. -Babe Ruth
    I know right from wrong... wrong is the fun one

+ Reply to Thread