+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Malan Breton - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by moonyung View Post
    i just want to say that reality tv aside, malan is the absolute nicest and most humble man... he was always polite and very, very charming! i thought he left with such grace and poise, and for that i have the utmost respect.
    Thank you for sharing this about Malan, Moonyung. It's nice to hear that he really is a good guy (he just fell on the short end of the editing stick during week one).

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moonyung View Post
    i just want to say that reality tv aside, malan is the absolute nicest and most humble man... he was always polite and very, very charming! i thought he left with such grace and poise, and for that i have the utmost respect.
    Hey Moon. You are a favourite model, and I hope you somehow get to stay in the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me View Post
    Perhaps Malan will be asked back if nest week is the show when someone is "asked to leave" and they need a body to fill in the gap? I hope so, that mom of his sounds like a shrew. How can any adult squash a child's dream? It's purely evil.
    I doubt Malan will get to return. For it to happen, someone has to be asked to leave in the next episode, and based on the previews I don't think it'll happen yet. I know from personal experiance that parents often try to crush artistic dreams. In their minds their not being mean, their just being realistic regarding the slim chance of finding success in artistic field.

FORT Fogey
    I loved the guy from day 1. I hope he is asked to come back when the designer gets booted for breaking a rule. However, if Malan was on a national talk show talking about the opportunities he already has, then I'm guessing this doesn't happen.

Also, I may be in the minority, but I LOVED Malan's dress except for just a few things - first, the design did make the chest look imbalanced and the "rushing" (???) was too dense. Second, he suffered from the one flaw that alot of the designers on the show suffer from - he forgot to follow the client's directions (a la Santino). Then, he seemed to get lost in it and was unable to work his way out. I chalk this up to the pressure of the contest.

Other than these two things, I loved the overall design concept - and the color. It had tremendous potential.

Angela should have gotten the boot tonight. What a horrid person. In my book, bad attitude overrides good design (and she has yet to show she is a good designer).

Her behavior was worse than Malan's design. If it was bad enough to get her in the bottom two, it should have been bad enough to get her voted out.

Bleh. No excuse.
    Last edited by Jexter; 07-21-2006 at 01:00 AM.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Also, I may be in the minority, but I LOVED Malan's dress except for just a few things - first, the design did make the chest look imbalanced and the "rushing" (???) was too dense. Second, he suffered from the one flaw that alot of the designers on the show suffer from - he forgot to follow the client's directions (a la Santino). Then, he seemed to get lost in it and was unable to work his way out. I chalk this up to the pressure of the contest.

Angela should have gotten the boot tonight. What a horrid person. In my book, bad attitude overrides good design (and she has yet to show she is a good designer).

Her behavior was worse than Malan's design. If it was bad enough to get her in the bottom two, it should have been bad enough to get her voted out.

Bleh. No excuse.
    His dress was cute! It wasn't the best for Miss Universe, though.

I think Angela should have got kicked off only because she didn't even come up w/an idea. Malan had an idea, he sketched it out, and he followed through with it. Angela wouldn't even make a sketch; instead, she tried to leech off of others. I think Malan should have been kept on just because he at least tried to do something. That's more than Angela did!

Harmless and unoffensive ComputerSaysNo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by corprip View Post
    Yeah, that was pretty snobbish. The non-snobbish approach would have embraced any fabric and embraced the challenge.

However, his snobbishness is part of his charm, and it absolutely broke my heart to see him cut over Crazy Vincent. He totally won me over, and now he's gone.
    I live in Manhattan and have several friends that go to FIT and Parson's as well as friends who currently work as designers in LA and NYC (FYI, they all consider Santino a social-climbing joke in LA, if they consider him at all).

It's an insult for someone who has designed evening gowns to be asked to make dresses out of shower curtains, ferns, sheet metal, microwave parts or whatever other silly things Project Runway often asks. The designers typically shine when they finally have the chance to work with better materials.

That's what there all there for: to try to show their abilities to the fullest, which to most prospective employers in fashion or consumers does not include showing how well someone can make a dress out of cooked pasta. Or whatever.

I wasn't sure what to make of Malan, but figured I'd know a bit more as the season progressed. Not going to happen now. And I thought he was one of the few authentically interesting contestants on this show.

I agree with many others who have stated that Angela should have been booted this week. It appeared that she offered no ideas, and then little support. So her contribution amounted to less than zero. At least Malan offered up a design, as flawed as the execution may have been. This should have counted for more than her treachery.

I also took no notice or offense to his statement that he desired better material, who wouldn't?

I don't understand the judges thought process. I think he was a far more compelling character than Angela will turn out to be. Right now she's just a no talent witch who exhibits appalling taste in her own clothing choices.

I'm not all that sentimental usually, but his auf Wiedersehen speech was heart wrenching.

I too will miss Malan and almost cried for him when he said he wished he could have stayed. He had never had friends and this was the first time he ever felt he was part of a group. I hope he comes back.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by cmgal View Post
    I too will miss Malan and almost cried for him when he said he wished he could have stayed. He had never had friends and this was the first time he ever felt he was part of a group. I hope he comes back.
    Oh. wow. I suppose if someone gets kicked off that is a logical conclusion. I would love that. His exit made me want him back as did the video outtakes. If you havent watched those, do. Malan shines in his talk to another designer.

Where can I see the outtakes?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by cmgal View Post
    Where can I see the outtakes?
    The Bravo site, click on videos. Also listen to Tim's podcast found on clicking Tim's takes.

+ Reply to Thread