+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Malan Breton - Season 3

This guy is the stereotypical uptight, smug, obnoxious Brit.

Tim is going to have his hands full with this guy. I see him as this season's Santino.

FORT Regular

Pick A Culture, Any Culture...

I've only seen Malan on the Bravo commercial just the one time. I could have sworn I heard him say something to the effect that he is Spanish and he gets irritated when people criticize his designs.

So far I've seen it posted all over the place that his cultural background is Taiwanese (he was born there) or American or British or Spanish.

Did anybody else pick up what he said on that Bravo bite, or was I just hearing things?

FORT Regular

Malan Is A Mystery

I just read that great interview with Tim Gunn in the Chicago Tribune (link in the Tim Gunn thread).
    The interviewer asked Tim about Malan, and he said no one can figure out what kind of accent this guy has, including some at Bravo. Apparently, this guy has auditioned three times for PR. The first time, they didn't take him; the second time they did, but Malan rejected them; this third time he did it. Although, Malan is actually a designer (among a variety of other things) he got onto PR also on the "character" side of things.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this guy plays out. I still swear I heard him say on that Bravo commericial that he's Spanish. In real life, he's probably from Hoboken.

Anya | Kata | Aimee so into you's Avatar
    Oh..my..god I am already sick of him from his interview! His accent!! It is so like Sherlock Holmes.
    beauty is only skin deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mayo
    In real life, he's probably from Hoboken.
    Hehehe.. so true. His accent reminded me of Andrae when he would go into that pretentious accent. I think they believe it makes them sound sophisticated.

Quote Originally Posted by so into you
    Oh..my..god I am already sick of him from his interview! His accent!! It is so like Sherlock Holmes.
    Yeah.. or like a high school drama student playing Sherlock Holmes.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

On blogging project runway, they have a video clip to preview Wednesday night's Road to the Runway (it apparently has been running on some local NBC stations and will be on Bravo tonight at 10). Tim "introduces" (via their audition tapes and books) the new designers to Nina, Michael, and Heidi.

It's very funny when they get to Malan. Heidi and Michael both call him on his accent and MK calls Malan a wack-a-doo (sp?)!!

It just struck me as so funny--jeez, I'm glad this show is back!

Alphacat, do you have a link to the video? I tried accessing it on the BPR site, but it doesn't load.

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by corprip View Post
    Alphacat, do you have a link to the video? I tried accessing it on the BPR site, but it doesn't load.
    Corpripó

What browser are you using? Bravo has fixed it so its videos will work only if you use Internet Explorer as your browser; Netscape is a no-go.
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

Here is the link to the video. Sorry I should have included it. I do generally use Internet Explorer and I didn't have a problem with it. Good luck!

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/scp_v3/...0428&ch=580397

Hmmm.. I'm using IE, but it still doesn't work.

Oh well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast