+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Keith Michael - Season 3

FORT Fogey
    I think he WILL be invited to the reunion.

a. They'd want drama....
    b. Tim didn't totally smash and tear him apart when asking him to leave. He softened it up by saying things like "You're very talented...you're better than those books....", so that makes me think that they don't HATE him.

Quote Originally Posted by mayukhers112 View Post

a. They'd want drama....
    b. Tim didn't totally smash and tear him apart when asking him to leave. He softened it up by saying things like "You're very talented...you're better than those books....", so that makes me think that they don't HATE him.
    Well, how Tim feels about it might not be how the PRODUCERS feel about it. I'm sure the drama of the first self-immolation made for good ratings and drama, but I'm sure they're also pissed as hell that he abused the honor process when they gave the contestants the list of verboten items and asked them to turn them over. They probably won't take people's word for it from now on, there'll be a baggage search, no doubt. Tim told him point blank having those books made him SICK, but what you say to someone's face when you're kicking them out the door, isn't necessarily what you privately feel about them, what you feel about them months later when you've had time and distance to think about it, or when you finally see the confessional where he blatantly lies and says he wasn't reading the books and he wasn't using them for an unfair advantage.

And like Morgan, whatever they DO feel about him, if they DO invite him, they'll take advantage of the situation and make it a Keith-bashing fest. If not the producers, then the other designers -- they certainly have no love lost for him. Allison was probably the most compassionate about it at the time, but she's has months to think it over and get more outraged about him not only sticking his own neck in the noose, but leaving her and Jeffrey out to dry. It will not be a pleasant experience, either way.

This is "reality tv."

I'm not excusing Keith's behavior or standing up for him--especially because other people in the cast obviously had problems with him. But, like everyone on a reality tv show...there is an extent to which our opinion of a particular person is determined by the choices the editors make in presenting that person to us...

...whether or not it is the decision to give Malan a soul that we hadn't seen previously...to make his auf'ing more emotionally resonant...or to start to build the momentum towards understanding the drama behind one of the show's supposed top designers (based on judge's comments) and his inability to play by the rules.

They could have played Keith very differently. They could have projected him as hapless--after all, he had never designed women's wear before...they obviously had footage of him not working... They could have made it seem, right from the start, that he was incapable of creating even a simple garment--until suddenly "poof!"--there's something beautiful on the runway.

Again--I'm not saying the guy isn't an arrogant jerk who broke the unbreakable rules and deserved to get kicked off... I'm just reminding all of us that we're watching exactly what the production wants us to watch...

(Judging from Tim's podcast--evidently, they've made Keith look BETTER than he actually was...and that, too, is a choice.)

pg

PS--I liked his dress for the dog challenge. So, in my mind the question becomes--was he incapable of actually designing that dress, does he suffer from some sort of dyslexia that makes it more difficult for him to remember basic production concepts, does he have a drug problem... Hell YEAH, I expect the producers to invite him back for the reunion show...and I expect that the alcohol will flow and there'll be drama galore...

I'm popping the popcorn in anticipation of that already...

Far From the Place I Love l2hdd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mayukhers112 View Post

a. They'd want drama....
    I agree Keith will be asked back. The other designers never really had the chance to confront him about any of the reasons he was dismissed. In his parting speech, he blames Vincent for being the reason he went AWOL. Even though there were no cameras present, there is obviously a story here. There is alot more to the departure than we were privy to.

I think Keith will be asked back. Whether or not he comes back is a different story. My example would be Allie G. from the latest Bachelor season. She was asked back but declined to come back due to the way she was portrayed on the show. There was another girl who chose not to return for the reunion show too. I don't remember her name though. It will be interesting to see if Keith returns.

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Closet Fan View Post
    If not the producers, then the other designers -- they certainly have no love lost for him. Allison was probably the most compassionate about it at the time, but she's has months to think it over and get more outraged about him not only sticking his own neck in the noose, but leaving her and Jeffrey out to dry.
    Allison and Keith are still friends. They are still in contact, and according to Nick's blog, they both attended the premier party only a few weeks ago. In the case of Santino, most of the contestants turned their backs on him once they heard about what he was saying about them. Keith never said anything bad about Allison, and they seem to be genuinely suportive of eachover.

Okay, I stand corrected. Allison seems like the sort who would be extremely nice, extremely forgiving, perhaps beyond what a person may deserve, so that doesn't entirely surprise me. However, from Tim's blog, and the description of how Keith was being "marginalized" by all the other designers at the commercial shoot (the day before he went AWOL), it sounded like the reaction to him was pretty universal across the board.

Of course they're going to invite Keith back to the reunion show. It's a win/win situation for the producers of the show, no matter what Keith's response is:

A) He agrees. And everyone will tune in, because you know there will be sparks aplenty. Or...

B) He declines. Then Tim gets to say something ominous along the lines of "Keith was invited to attend, but chose not to for reason I think we all understand." Which also just helps confirm the producers' decision to give him the heave-ho.

My personal belief is that they'll invite him and he'll attend. This is a man with a big, fat mouth and a [FA edit] disposition. He'll revel in the opportunity to give some last jabs.
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 08-04-2006 at 05:00 PM.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest View Post
    Of course they're going to invite Keith back to the reunion show. It's a win/win situation for the producers of the show, no matter what Keith's response is:

A) He agrees. And everyone will tune in, because you know there will be sparks aplenty. Or...

B) He declines. Then Tim gets to say something ominous along the lines of "Keith was invited to attend, but chose not to for reason I think we all understand." Which also just helps confirm the producers' decision to give him the heave-ho.

My personal belief is that they'll invite him and he'll attend. This is a man with a big, fat mouth and a [FA edit] disposition. He'll revel in the opportunity to give some last jabs.
    There is much merit in what you say. This is a man who doesn't know when to quit, doesn't know when to lie low.
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 08-04-2006 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Edit quoted material

I knew Keith was the one to get kicked, not for the reasons that he got kicked for, but I knew he was gonna be the one that was start some kind of trouble that would lead to him being dismissed.

Its a shame though, I really liked most of his work, especially his dress for Tara...whether or not he got that idea from the book or internet lol

I posted this on the "8/02 discussion" thread, but it maybe should be posted here as well.

I'm not sure what the rules are concerning quoted material here, so I'm hesitant to just cut'n'paste this info, and I don't have a link.

However, there's apparently an interview with Keith on "Andy's Blog" somewhere on that fershlugginer BRAVO website ("Andy" being Andy Cohen, Senior VP of production/programming at BRAVO).

What I saw quoted makes it worth tracking down, if only for a look inside Keith's mind.

Salient points (paraphrased):

1) Keith claims the books were menswear pattern books that couldn't have been used for the challenges, therefore he didn't feel they were an issue, despite the fact that he had been asked to turn such items over;

2) He claims that just before the promotional shoot, Jeffrey ratted him out to all the other cast members as having had pattern books, and they all attacked him, causing him to flee to his boyfriend's apartment, where he got online and found an e-mail from the Executive Producer and asked him to contact him;

3) He claims it was some kind of "big strategy" that Jeffrey would announce this to the others and they would all attack him-- implying (I suppose) that the producers deliberately goaded him into the second infraction of running AWOL.

Anyway, check it out if you can.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast