+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Laura Bennett - Season 3

Laura Bennett - Season 3

Birthday: 1963-08-02
    Hometown: New York, NY
    Education: University of Houston, Columbia University

Born and raised in New Orleans and currently living in Manhattan, Laura Bennett, 42, has come a long way. In the past, Laura was a single mother who struggled to make ends meet. Now the matriarch of a large family, she has never given up on her dream of becoming a great designer.

Laura is not formally trained in clothing construction, but has designed and sewn her own clothes for her entire life. She designs and makes her own fine jewelry and believes the principles of design are universal. According to Laura, “My husband is my design mentor. His level of taste and use of restraint produce an unmatched elegance in all areas of design.” Laura is also inspired by designers such as Vionnet for her innovative construction, and Oscar de la Renta, Valentino and Galliano for their sexy opulence.

Laura received her undergraduate degree in architecture from the University of Houston, and received a graduate degree in architecture from Columbia University. An architect for the last 15 years, Laura currently works part-time at her husband’s design firm, Shelton Mindel and Associates, designing product. She spends her spare time researching and studying 19th and 20th century jewelry, and follows international jewelry auctions and museum exhibits. Laura is the mother of five children.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Whoa! Just LOOK at those skinny chicken wings!!! Oh, and the orange hair with the blood red lipstick!! Eeek!

I just don't know what to say...
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fogey
    This is scaring me. Project Runway woudln't dare lower their standards to that of Hells Kitchen. She is the 4th bio I have read and no real designer yet. I saw a Weirdo, a guy who spells him name with an ampersand and another who started as a toddler. This is not looking good.
    Last edited by Dogbat; 06-30-2006 at 09:12 PM.

Moi
    Hmmmm.....is it just me or does her head look several sizes too big for her body? She looks like a lollipop.

AKat
    Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

FORT Newbie
    I think she is gorgeous. Come on - she is 42 years old and has FIVE KIDS! I'm picking her to go all the way. Mark my words.

FORT Regular

Banning Low-Cuts On The Cleavage-less

Quoting Laura Bennett: "My husband is my design mentor. His level of taste and use of restraint produce an unmatched elegance in all areas of design."

Okay, if this is the same woman that pops up in the PR3 commercials and rolls out a large piece of fabric, then I have a question for her: WHERE in the heck was your husband's influence of "taste" and "restraint" when you let them stick you in that really low-cut gown on national tv?! Listen Hon, really, you have NOTHING to put in a dress like that, and frankly...you're scaring the children!

Do you specialize in designing "Corpse Wear"?

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    I was really surprised to find out that Laura is only 42. From her hair and makeup, I would have put her at 62. I'm 54 and was sure she was older than me! Then again, I've had only one child, so maybe that's what multiple pregnancies do to you!

I'm hoping someone in the L'Oréal Paris makeup room will give her some pointers!
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

FORT Regular
    I'm trying to ignore the Pepper vibe and stay positive. As a beginning interior design student, the architecture background is *really* interesting to me. I'm fascinated to see how she ports that into fashion.

FORT Fogey
    I'm kind of hoping she pulls a Jay on us. You know, not being able to style herself worth a **** but making some absolutely gorgeous designs. She seems like a pleasant woman but her look is just distracting. The frail frame with the plunging necklines and other outfits which just overall are not flattering at all on her body.

It also looks like she kissed a freshly painted firetruck.

FORT Newbie
    She should be interesting!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast