+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Laura Bennett - Season 3

FORT Fan
    The way some people are going on, it's like she whipped the Pomeranian out of her bag at Mood and demanded, "100 more of these, and make sure the coats match for color and thickness. I'm doing a full-length coat with a matching hat."
    Bwaaaaahaaahaaaa!

Anyone else aside from me think how cute her rapport with Michael is? And what an unlikely pair too. The polished Manhattanite with the homeboy from the ATL. And yet it's so cool how they both have such a similar, elegant aesthetic!
    True! They work so well together too. They both do beautiful work too. Very polished and elegant.
    They are my two favorites as of right now.

FORT Fogey
    The more I see of her the more I like her.

I am a dog lover too and she did not mistreat him. His owner was right there to give him some lovin when he was off camera. No big deal. These are professional dogs and have been hired many times before, no doubt, and are used to this sort of thing.

i liked her outfit this time as i always do...but it didn't seem like much of an update. i wasn't too keen on the colors. gave it more of a retro feel...or maybe that was the pearls?

Yeah, but Katharine Hepburn sort of fell into an offscreen "uniform" early in her career. If Laura had gone with different color, patterns-- or anything other than some sort of top with slacks-- it just wouldn't have been The Great Kate.

(Hepburn wouldn't have worn her outfit as designed, though-- she was self-conscious about what she called her "turkey neck" and avoided anything with an open collar. She'd have had to modify that in some way or button it closed.)

Laura was more limited in her range of choices than most of the other designers (and she said so herself).

Since my only complaint about her is that she hasn't ventured out of her "safe zone"-- like Uli-- I wish she'd had someone like Cher or Madonna.

Laura's choice of slacks was probably also partially the result of using essentially the same design she came up with for the Macy's challenge. (At least the pants, I can't remember the jacket exactly enough to say.) Kate Hepburn wore skirts and dresses enough on film that she could have come up with something else, although now that I think about it, I'm not sure whether the challenge was to update the fashion icon's specific image (as reflected in the photo) or as a whole.

And I know about the turkey neck concern (hence her costuming in Lion in Winter, for example) but wasn't that more in middle age? She wasn't showing cleavage any more than Audrey Hepburn was in her younger days, but I don't remember them covering up her neck and breastbone area in the 40s, for example...

Anybody with five (and PG to boot!) kids....

Listen, this gal's got her act together. She's classy and appears
    to be able to get along with everyone (except that arrogant you-know-
    what, Keith) and she never appears ruffled. She's got FIVE--count 'em--
    FIVE small children and she's able to function at a very high level.
    Enough talk about nannies helping out. I had only two children and
    I had a live-in nanny for years when they were young. Big deal!
    The nanny can watch them while the mother's at WORK but I assure
    you, the second she gets home, those kids won't give two hoots that
    there's a nanny. ( And for those mothers reading those who wish they had had a nanny, believe me, it's sometimes like having an extra child to
    deal with, and many nannies need tons of directions not to mention emotional support just like their little charges.)All kids want their mother, and the mother's duties are just like any other mother's. Never-ending. I was overwhelmed and I only had two little girls, not five wild boys. I give Laura major points for running an exceptionally busy household AND still wanting
    to work as hard as she'll need to be a designer.
    Her clothes are beautifully tailored and very professional. I see her going
    very far, because she's always comfortably in the middle or near the top
    of the pack. I would love to see a real collection from her!

Laura really turned me off when she lashed out on Vincent...it wasnt her place to make those rude remarks...I hope she gets canned, as "classy" as her clothes are, she clearly, is not.

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess View Post
    Laura really turned me off when she lashed out on Vincent...it wasnt her place to make those rude remarks...I hope she gets canned, as "classy" as her clothes are, she clearly, is not.
    Apparently, per Tim Gunn's podcast, nearly everyone that was backstage after Allison got the boot was saying the same thing to Vincent... they edited so that only Laura's comment was aired.

Either way, she may have been abrupt, but I tink she was only saying what most of us were already thinking: Vincent's dress sucked. She was clearly upset that Allison had to go... I'd be cranky, too!
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Team Renee//Team Sarah// DreamOf1000Cats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Twin2th View Post
    Listen, this gal's got her act together. She's classy and appears
    to be able to get along with everyone (except that arrogant you-know-
    what, Keith) and she never appears ruffled. She's got FIVE--count 'em--
    FIVE small children and she's able to function at a very high level.
    Enough talk about nannies helping out. I had only two children and
    I had a live-in nanny for years when they were young. Big deal!
    The nanny can watch them while the mother's at WORK but I assure
    you, the second she gets home, those kids won't give two hoots that
    there's a nanny. ( And for those mothers reading those who wish they had had a nanny, believe me, it's sometimes like having an extra child to
    deal with, and many nannies need tons of directions not to mention emotional support just like their little charges.)All kids want their mother, and the mother's duties are just like any other mother's. Never-ending. I was overwhelmed and I only had two little girls, not five wild boys. I give Laura major points for running an exceptionally busy household AND still wanting
    to work as hard as she'll need to be a designer.
    Her clothes are beautifully tailored and very professional. I see her going
    very far, because she's always comfortably in the middle or near the top
    of the pack. I would love to see a real collection from her!

Here Here! Har Har!

I was raised by my mother, but when we were young we had a nanny, and I only had my older sister. People villainize Laura for having a nanny but you know, some things just work some people and don't for others. I should like to say that my sister and I are tremendously well adjusted and never was confused about who was "raising" us.

I love Laura even more now, and was a bit shocked when Kayne said stuff about her character. I loved even more though when the judges said THE EXACT SAME THING to Kayne and Alison about their looks when Laura had earlier questioned what they were doing.

Laura has already secured herself as my favorite -- and to the remarks that all her stuff looks the same... most designers stuff looks the same. It is their style -- Jeffery and his punk stuff, Laura and her WASP look, Robert in his less successful WASP look, Angela and her granny circles, Uli and her prints... need I go on?

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest View Post
    Apparently, per Tim Gunn's podcast, nearly everyone that was backstage after Allison got the boot was saying the same thing to Vincent... they edited so that only Laura's comment was aired.

Either way, she may have been abrupt, but I tink she was only saying what most of us were already thinking: Vincent's dress sucked. She was clearly upset that Allison had to go... I'd be cranky, too!
    I had been wondering about the non sequiter quality of her remark as shown.

It really bugs me if everybody was saying things but only one person was edited to look "out of line".

I wonder if Kayne's response was directed at everyone who had been saying stuff to Vincent, or just to Laura as shown in the edit?

Personally, I don't find anything Laura has said as nasty as the little lunchroom exchange those two b$tchy qu@@ns Kayne and Robert had about her earlier in the episode.

("Her dress looks like a straightjacket." "She always sews for herself." "She kissed me on the cheek." "You'll get a rash.")

And Kayne questions her character?

+ Reply to Thread