+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Laura Bennett - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Has anybody discussed yet what Laura's obligations are to the young children she already has? She obviously spent several weeks away from them to film this show--not an easy thing for kids to handle. I guess, since she's apparently wealthy, she has a nanny. Even so, I feel sorry for the tykes. If she lives in Manhattan, did she see the kids every day?

Questions, questions, questions.
    On the bonus videos on the Bravo site- Laura's husband sent her a package with photos- Uli thought Laura's eldest daughter was the Nanny- Laura said no, she's my 17 year old daughter.

The package also contained brownies which laura said "these were made by the nanny".

Seemed to me like the kids have a full time nanny- most people with money do.

I live in LA & I see numerous kids with women who are obviously not their Mom's. And whenever I see a celebrity out with their kids there is almost always a nanny in tow. So, not uncommon.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Has anybody discussed yet what Laura's obligations are to the young children she already has? She obviously spent several weeks away from them to film this show--not an easy thing for kids to handle. I guess, since she's apparently wealthy, she has a nanny. Even so, I feel sorry for the tykes. If she lives in Manhattan, did she see the kids every day?

Questions, questions, questions.

I have no answers for the questions about Laura, but I do understand that people have various life style choices. Parents who are in the military, sales/marketing, or who have to work shifts like law enforcement and medical staff, etc. do have different lives with different schedules.

I (along with my husband, a law enforcement guy with constantly changing shift) am one of those strange people who totally love every crazy minute with my girls (13 and 17). In fact, we have only been away from our daughters once overnight -and that was not even for 24 hours and less than an hour away --and crazy us--stilled missed them and called them twice and they called us a few times.

PR has been our mom/daughter date. We crawl into the bed together, flip on the DVR, so we can watch and rewind- and laugh together (hubby draws the line at PR, but sometimes is coerced into watching ).

I have realized both personally and professionally (as an teacher/special education and former day care center owner) that there is no one way to parent and for the most part it is trial by error --- we can only do the best we can and love/cherish our children each day they are with us. (sorry for the )

As long as Laura's children know they are loved and she loves them --good for her and her family.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
    Herm Albright
    (1876 - 1944)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookipichu View Post
    Laura's dress was unfairly panned, that screencap from Paris shows how beautiful it was.
    If you listen to Tim Gunn's podcast, he couldn't understand why the judges hated it either. He seemed to love the dress. (I love his podcasts.)

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I mentioned this in the spoiler thread: I'm wondering about the timing of her pregnancy with Fashion Week. It's possible that the baby is due around the same time.

I wonder if the scenes in the promo for next week's episodes are hinting that she might drop out on her own from the pregnancy. I hope not, I'd love to see her in the F3. But it's a real possibility if the season taping happened when I think it did...feel free to correct me on that...
    I read an article in People(at least I think it was People) magazine that she was due with a baby boy in November--and she looked wonderful and classy with a red dress and a slit. I don't really know when Fashion Week is, so if a November due date would interfere, I am not sure. Maybe someone here knows? Also, the article didn't say anything about her dropping out, but then again maybe she wouldn't be able to say anything about that since the show hadn't aired.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Butterflyy View Post
    I really liked Laura through this season, but she's starting to wear on me a little. The Paris dress looked like something Cruela DeVille wore!

Besides, has anyone noticed that even though she's pregnant, she hasn't slowed down on the drinking? Last episode, she was drinking champagne. I didn't think too much of it until this week, when she was drinking champagne on the flight and red wine at dinner.

And yes, those were not non-alcoholic versions. You can tell that everyone there is drinking the same thing. Last season, Heidi would drink apple cider instead and you could tell she had something different.

Of course she feels terrible.
    You don't know that she was drinking alcohol. I would bet that on the plane that she was drinking sparkling white grape juice or some such thing. I remember being pregnant with my second baby and so I wouldn't feel left out at the New Years party, they poured some sparkling white grape juice in a champagne flute--it looks just like champagne. Also, you cannot tell non-alcoholic drinks simply by the look. I really don't think she was drinking.

Laura's black and white dress was truly elegant, restrained and chic. I think the judges were truly messing with her head because she did not belong in the bottom two last week. Gratuitous drama for the sake of ratings and her cortisol levels can't be good for the baby.

Touch my bunny, stroke my cow.

Laura shouldn't be so hard on herself! She's incrediably in touch with women's tastes so much more than the other designers (well, Michael is incrediable, too!). Her style is never cheap (Angela), an assault on a woman's self-respect (Jeffrey), boring (Robert), nor plain old stupid (Vincent). I simply love her designs! I have a feeling that she's going to be very successful in this business!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I am beginning to like Laura now. I've always liked her clothes and designs but I always hated her mean and nasty remarks. I appreciated seeing a more vulnerable side of her.

I never took Laura's dry, sarcastic wit as really mean. I like someone who can cut to the point. She was nasty at Vincent that one time after the recycling challenge, but that's because she has two working eyes.

If only Allison hadn't used that hair bow...things would be very different now.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar
    It was also sad for me to see Laura getting so down on herself in the last episode. She has come very close to winning so many times - but she would not know that. Her dress absolutely deserved to win this challenge. I'm happy that she finally got some recognition for her classy style. Now, if she can just keep her necklines a little higher going forward...

+ Reply to Thread