+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Uli Herzner - Season 3

FORT Fogey
    I would love to see the hair and make-up staff have a go at her. She has the potential to look fabulous.

Uli's "couture-like" gown, as modeled in Paris and NYC:

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty StarrieEyedKat's Avatar
    Looks better on the NYC model, IMO. I like the contrast of the fabric against her skin. The Paris model was a bit too pale.
    Just found out I'm pregnant, 1/28/08!!!

I actually prefer the opposite, the pale model with the lavendar coloring of the dress. The biggest bonus for the NY model was her chest, it made a big difference in filling out the top which made it look better to me.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat View Post
    I would love to see the hair and make-up staff have a go at her. She has the potential to look fabulous.

They already had one chance when the designers did their own outfits for the "International jet-setter" episode.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieMae View Post
    They already had one chance when the designers did their own outfits for the "International jet-setter" episode.
    I know and she looked no different! I thought that maybe she had so much to finish on her dress that she skipped it or just didnt have the time for them to do much.

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat View Post
    I know and she looked no different! I thought that maybe she had so much to finish on her dress that she skipped it or just didnt have the time for them to do much.
    Since Uli seemed to be channeling "beach/hippie chic," she may have asked the stylists to keep her looking "natural." After all, the styling is dictated by the designers, not the hair and makeup artists, although they might make suggestions.
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

This dress was pretty! I like braided halter type dresses- but i dunno it seems a little much on this one...ant the cut is a little to low it would have looked better with a less deep v... but thats just my opinion.. =)

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by katelyndn View Post
    … the cut is a little too low it would have looked better with a less deep v... but thats just my opinion.. =)
    From what I've seen, not one of the designers (except in the Everyday Woman challenge) acknowledges that some of us need coverage—at least enough to cover the bras we need to wear for support.

Does anybody design for women who wear underwear?
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

Quote Originally Posted by dogabone View Post
    From what I've seen, not one of the designers (except in the Everyday Woman challenge) acknowledges that some of us need coverage—at least enough to cover the bras we need to wear for support.

Does anybody design for women who wear underwear?
    Underwear yes, but bras a big no. Neither Uli or Laura seem to need one nor think that anybody else will. Atleast with a lot of the work from the guys on the show you could wear either a strapless or adjustable strap bras, but from the ladies (Laura especially) there is no consideration for a woman with any need for chest support.

+ Reply to Thread