+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Kayne Gillaspie - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by DevilTwin View Post
    And yes, Miss USA did wear the dress at the Miss Universe pageant.

I just wish I could say I liked hers best...I can't.
    I was happy she wore it, but I agree with you - it was soooo poofy and pageant-y. But unlike Nancy O'Dell after Season 1, Tara at least wore the dress exactly as Kayne designed it.

Now how did Santino end up as one of the Miss Universe judges??

I thought she looked old fashioned. More like a 1980s Barbie doll than a 2006 Miss Universe contestant. I liked the other women's dresses as they were more modern looking. I think Tara would have looked better in Uli's gown, BTW, on that stage. Plus the color was so bland compared to the others that she didn't look appealing to me.

Love the new Miss Universe's dress. That was cool. Sexy, too.

Harmless and unoffensive ComputerSaysNo's Avatar
    I just saw photos and the dress looked really good on her. It was the most "pageanty" out of all of them, but it did look good. Definitely stood out without being garish.

Her breast implants in the swimsuit competition are another story though...

Miss Universe 2006 - Kayne's Dress

Not being a pageant fan, I found out by accident Miss Universe 2006 competition was on tonight, so I've been watching. Miss USA did make it to the final five (don't know the final results yet), and she did in fact wear the Project Runway dress, and they even mentioned it had been designed on PR. It seemed to fit her well.

It was definitely different from the rest of the girls' dresses. If I were to review them, I'd say Miss Japan wore a dress that to me was not particularly appropriate, it had little cutouts where you could see flesh all the way down the legs of the dress. Miss Paraguay wore a patterned silk dress that to me was too busy and distracting. Miss Bolivia had a dress with a series of flapper dress layers down it that I didn't find particularly attractive. Puerto Rico went for over the top sexiness that I found too much, too over the top, too burlesque.

Miss Canada wore a stunning white dress that was my favorite, Miss Trinidad wore a simple but stunningly cut yellow gown, and although I personally thought it was a little too sexy, I really liked the ethereal pleated skirt of Ms. Columbia's gown.

But clearly, the judges and I have different tastes, the three girls I thought had the worse gowns all made the final five, and the three girls I thought looked the most stunning, all didn't.

Harmless and unoffensive ComputerSaysNo's Avatar
    I missed the pageant too, but I saw pics online and the gowns reminded me of what strippers at really expensive gentlemen's clubs wear. Hey, strippers are people too, but I'm just seeing a lot more overlap with the pageant gowns lately.

I thought pageant chicks were supposed to be "classy"?

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerSaysNo View Post
    I missed the pageant too, but I saw pics online and the gowns reminded me of what strippers at really expensive gentlemen's clubs wear. Hey, strippers are people too, but I'm just seeing a lot more overlap with the pageant gowns lately.

I thought pageant chicks were supposed to be "classy"?
    Yeah, there was way too much sequins, shiny stuff, and frankly, boobs in your face for my taste, but then clearly, they have different tastes than I do. The girl who IMHO whose dress read "stripper on the make" to me, won, so clearly we have different aesthetics, and the two who to me looked the most classy (Canada and was it Trinidad) didn't make the final cut.

Oh well, such a lot of insipid fluff to watch just to find out if we'd get a peek at Kayne's dress. I hope you appreciate it, Kayne, 'cause now I've got to go do something intelligent, maybe re-read the collected works of Jane Austen, before my head implodes because of the vacuum...

It was Trinidad, but I didn't like the Project Runway dress, too busy for someone so short, but the colour was flattering. I was rooting for Columbia, but I mean Miss Puerto Rico was just beyond beautiful, but almost artificial looking, like she's had a little too much work done. Carson was a hoot, I hope they bring him back next year.

Miss Puerto Rico is just one more nose job away from looking like a tall, scrawny version of LaToya Jackson. It's not a good thing when your rhinoplasty is that obvious. And the Vegas-showgirl dress? Ugh. I don't understand for the life of me how she beat Miss Japan.

But I loved seeing Kayne's dress! I thought it looked fabulous.

Did You See That???!!!

Kayne's Design on Tara
    Last edited by call1987; 07-24-2006 at 07:41 AM.

FORT Fogey
    Tim's comment that Uli and Keith's dresses were not pageanty enough was dead wrong. There were a lot of sophistocated dresses that could be found on the red carpet last night. I thought Kaynes dress stood out as a flash from the past or out of place, at best. But good for him and his business!

I like Kayne but this dress is just not attractive to me. The color did not do well on stage or TV.

I loved Miss Japan's dress, it had a flesh colored lining on the body of the dress. She showed less skin than many.

+ Reply to Thread